We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Head Mike 4 Busking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I am still looking for the perfect head mike. I have heard of head mikes with the transmitter built into the head mike frame. Do you know of such a mike and the pros and cons of it.

Now I need a head mike for my street show as well as for clubs.

I some times use a S.J escape so tranmitter in my back pocket and wires running under my shirt could be messy.

Is the sennheiser good for what I want all is thier something else I can consider?

When I surch the net for the perfect mike I just get lost with all that is on offer and the jargon that is used . So please unpack any addvise you can give. If you give me links all the better.
Mario
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I use a Samson Airline 77 UHF wireless mic for street performing. I think it was designed with aerobics instructors and Brittany Spears dancer/singer types in mind (at least that's what the adverisements suggest.

Anyway, it's a great piece of gear. Durable, good sound, easy to use.

I bought it at a Sam Ash music store.

Hope that helps!

Chad
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Oh, and a friend of mine uses the same headset. He does a SJ finale and just has an audience member remove it before he begins the escape...so he's not mic'd up during the escape. Just a thought.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
That whould not be Byron by chance?
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
828 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
All,

I have the Samson CR77 UHF headset, and find it works just great. I've only used it a few times, but I find that the big advantage is.. the transmitter is ON the headset, so there's no need for trailing wires.

I also use an Anchor Explorer pro, with 2 wireless channels. I use it mainly with the lightweight headset which is a lot less conspicuous than the Samson. I don't think the Samson looks cumbersome, and certainly, of the two, the Anchor looks invisible.
However.. for the cash.. the Samson is unbeatable, I think.

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Head Mike 4 Busking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL