The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Any Ring PK Gimmick (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
robertmichaels
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of robertmichaels
I really like this thread. I have some ideas of my own that I have held onto for years because of the dangers of others taking it and marketing it. It is good to see inventors get the credit they deserve. I am inspired to work on releasing my ideas. Thank you. Now the only question is, where to start?
This PK Gimmick rocks
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Robert,

Welcome to the Café and thank you for your kind words and support. If you have something you have worked on that you think can be useful to working magicians you should take a chance and put it out there. I have received so much enthusiastic support and fantastic thoughts and ideas on my PK gimmick. I'm really looking forward to being able to put all the pieces together on my DVD package and see how it is received. Happy Holidays to you and all the Café...

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Hank came up with a wonderful creation. No more rings that aren't you. You use your own ring.

And Hank is always there to answer questions!
~Joe
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Hank:

Did you ever put the whole package together as you were planning? If so, I probably missed it, though it wouldn't be the first time.

Best!
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Joe,
Thanks for taking time to post your thoughts. I appreciate the comments.

gmeister,
No, you did not miss out on my release of a DVD package for the Any Ring PK Gimmick. When producing and manufacturing a DVD by yourself, money plays a key role in the process. Money has been tight, so the process is S-L-O-W! I can see why some creators have gone the pre-order route to raise capital to fund a project, but I decided not to go that route. I don't want to run into any of the problems that can arise and end up with a bunch of unhappy customers-in-waiting. Also, this is the first time I'm pursuing a project like this, and there is a great deal to learn and figure out. I will get the project together and I will let all the kind supporters here on the Café know when and where.

Thanks,
Hank
Hank Morfin
Hank Morfin Rocks!
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Thanks, Hank, I'll be watching and waiting, credit card in hand!
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Thanks gmeister,

I really am looking forward to getting this project off the ground. IT's been a bit frustrating to not be able to pursue it further to date, mostly for financial reasons. Once again, I thank you for your support.

Hank
Hank Morfin
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24221 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2009-10-10 00:22, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Thanks

One more thing...can I remove or add the gimmick to my ring in front of spec. Or is this a secret maneuver?

If you have the gaff in your pocket, you can reach into your pocket and do the work one-handed.

Quote:
Whats the Pull Force of your magnet? and What's the diameter in millimeters?

There are many options...let me know

If you make it yourself, it can be any size and any strength you want, within reason.

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 1:54am
Since this was first posted, I have been unable to find the proper item to make it from at any of our local hardware stores; however, I found a number of substitutes. I wound up making my own metal piece from a section of 1/4 inch wide brass plate. It took all of 15 minutes to make two pieces the proper size and shape.

Regarding all of the people who are claiming to have invented a non-PK ring, in the hands, magnetic gaff: there are scads of them that have been on the market for years, including blocks of alnico with finger grips and other things like that.

Jedinat has one called "Kaffee Wette" that is basically invisible and does not require that you wear a ring. It will work through the wall of a coffee mug. However, if you can't read German, you probably won't be able to use it.

I like Hank's best of all.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Wow,

Thanks so much Bill, I take your comment that you like my gimmick best of all as a huge compliment. A magician like yourself, who has spent a great deal of time learning the craft of magic and the history, is very familiar with all of the methodology and gimmicks that have been developed along the way, so coming from you that comment means a lot.

I also appreciate your added clarifications to some of the other questions posed earlier. You can make the gaff any magnetic strength you want. As I believe I stated earlier, the best place to go for magnets is:

http://www.supermagnetman.net/

George will take good care of you and has ABSOLUTELY any size, shape and strength magnet you are looking for. On top of that, his prices are the most reasonable I have found anywhere.

Bill is right about the "base" of the gimmick as well. I was lucky enough to stumble across those turn buttons, but many people have emailed me with alternatives they have used when they could not find the ones I did.

Thanks again Bill,
Hank
Hank Morfin
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Hey Café,
I just wanted to give a quick heads up. I just finished re-building my entire website and the previous links in this thread to my STORE PAGE are no longer valid. To purchase this E-Book directly from my website, use this link:

http://www.morfinmagic.com/html/store.html

After studying some various marketing materials, I have "un-linked" my STORE PAGE from my sites navigation. Since the site is aimed at booking gigs, I've found that having my STORE PAGE with products for magicians can be considered a negative by some potential clients. The only way to access the page is through the direct link I posted above.

Lastly, to all the folks who have recently purchased this E-Book from me I want to say thanks. If you have not done so, please take a minute of your valuable time to post your comments on this thread.

Thanks again,
Hank
Hank Morfin
Hank Morfin Rocks!
miky
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of miky
Because of the positive comments in this topic, I bought the e-book and am very happy with it. As a hobbyist, most of the performing I do is “impromptu” effects for the same groups of family, friends, and co-workers. I’ve never worn anything on my fingers except my wedding ring, which is not a conventional plain one. Now I can do PK miracles without wearing a new ring that no one has seen before (which I’m sure would be noticed). I’m particularly looking forward to doing Prohibition as well as Billshift (a very visual 5-1 bill transpo).
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Hank's brilliant creation is one of the most underappreciated bits of magic around. Good! Those of us who marvel at its genius want it all to ourselves. Simplicity itelf and a steal that rivals any sleight of hand steals you can name. When all the au courant highly touted effcts have been relegated to the junk drawer of "what was I thinking," this will still be used--and prized--by those who don't necessarily believe that high prices and great magic are one and the same.

Hank, you rock!!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of puggo
Ordered direct from Hank. I'm working tonight, so look forward to checking this out over the weekend.
Charlie
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
It's well worth the money. That's all I'm saying.
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Miky - thank you for your kind words. As I said earlier, I created this gimmick so I could perform "Prohibition" after my PK ring broke. It's a brilliant effect and in my humble opinion, the BEST cap in bottle on the market.

gmeister - dude, you are making me blush...seriously, I thank you for your support. If I can ever get ahead of the financial curve, I can't wait to put out the DVD package.

puggo - Let me know what you think when you get a chance to check it out...

Kim - Thanks for the kind words, I hope you find this as useful as I do.

Hank
Hank Morfin
Hank Morfin Rocks!
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
180 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Just purchased the e-book directly from Morfin, It's a great, simple idea. The only thing I've seen similar was from Axel Hecklau's "Just one cup" (a chop-cup routine with an ordinary leather dice cup), but Axel's doesn't use a ring, so the gimmick is different.

Cheers!
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of gmeister
I love it each time this topic is "rekindled" because I get to rave about how great this effect is. Hank's created a masterpiece that's not only knock-their-socks-off effective, but easy to make and inexpensive--no, it's actually CHEAP!

My only problem is Hank's been resting on his laurels. Come on man, you're no one trick pony--give us some more effects with those same characteristics--dynamite magic that's simplicity itself and that sells small and impacts big! Get on with it!
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Gmeister,

You are making me blush! I think you may be giving me too much credit. I simply had a problem I needed to resolve, to be able to perform PK ring effects without a standard PK ring. As the old saying goes, "Necessity is the mother of invention", and that's how the Any Ring PK Gimmick came about. I was just lucky to go into the right Ace Hardware store and stumble upon the pieces I did! As people have purchased this PDF, I have become aware that the parts I use are not necessarily accessible at any hardware store, not even every Ace Hardware!

That's another reason I want to put out a DVD package that includes the gimmick. I know I've been talking about that for a while, but as I've stated before, it's really a matter of economics to invest in the process and manufacturing of the DVD package as well as an issue finding some process to "flesh-coat" the gimmicks in a professional manner. I WILL get the project done, hopefully you will all find it was worth the wait.

I do have another E-Book available on my site. It's not an effect or a "how-to", but rather it's my notes and discussions about the art of performing. I've had the pleasure of seeing many great magicians perform live at the California Magic Dinner Theatre, as well as become friends and discuss magic and performing with these gracious people. Magicians like Eric Buss, John Carney, Wayne Houchin, Arthur Trace, Tom Ogden, Austin Brooks, Chris Mitchell. Dana Daniels, The Pendragons, Shawn McMaster, Ken Sonkin, Bob Sheets, Alex Ramon, Aldo Colombini, Paul Gertner and Dave Cox to name just a few. The E-Book is designed to help you look at your performing style and your show, and to take into account all the various aspects that make up a good performance. Hopefully it will help you to work on becoming a more complete performer. If anyone is interested in it, you can find it on my site here:
http://www.morfinmagic.com/html/store.html
And there's even a combo deal that will save you $4.00 on "Performance: The Magic of Magic" and "The ANY Ring PK Gimmick".

Thanks again for your kind words gmeister, I appreciate the support and encouragement...

Hank
Hank Morfin
Hank Morfin Rocks!
mavericklancer
View Profile
Elite user
Tustin, CA
448 Posts

Profile of mavericklancer
Wow, Hank. I've been wanting to get a PK ring for some time, but have been put off by the awkward wedding band look (I'm 22 and I perform for family/friends who would think it's awkward) and the reports of rings breaking every few days. This has been the solution to all of my problems. It's so very simple, and best of all, for an amateur college student like myself - CHEAP!

Thank you Mr. Morfin for this wonderful publication!
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Mavericklancer,

Thank you for your kind words. I agree with you 100%! If you read back through this thread, you will see that I came up with this gimmick for exactly all of the reasons you mentioned.

for any of you who have been using my gimmick, how do you like working with it? I'd appreciate your feedback...

Thanks,
Hank
Hank Morfin
Hank Morfin Rocks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Any Ring PK Gimmick (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL