The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Aces In Their Faces by Bob Kohler (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
It's good idea tho, if we can show them that we do some sleights, it will take the heat off the cards. Even with the original routine, the audience will keep wondering how the cards can travel across without even touching each other, except the magician's hands.

I don't have a problem with the back color, or perhaps because I don't pay attention much to it. I bought it as second-hand item, so it might came from the time where all red back gaff cards still matching to the regular red back deck.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1155 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I'm considering this routine, and need a little guidance from those of you that have it. I'm thinking of using this as a follow up to a regular 4 ace production. I know there are gaffs used in this routine. Is it feasible to go into this routine from an ace production, or would there be too many cards to switch out?
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Is there a live link that demos one of the AITF effects? The Murphy's Magic site has a "demo" trailer that provides sample shots from a variety of effects. A nicely done trailer, but I would like to see a performance, start-to-finish.
Thanks,
Angelo
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2102 Posts

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S10918

http://www.magicgeek.com/aces-in-their-faces-310.html

I hope that's good enough Smile

The one in magicgeek.com was done by Chris himself as usual, so you can watch the full routine from beginning till the end.
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Thanks. The magicgeek clip was exactly what I was looking for. Nice looking effect.
Angelo
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2102 Posts

Yup, and it can be performed absolutely sleight-free, especially for those who are uncomfortable executing Elmsley's.
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
210 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
I know this is an old thread, but I love this effect. My only problem these days is that the backs of the gaffs no longer match the new bicycle cards. I have had a few people point this out during performance. So as of now, this great effect sits on the shelf. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 00:36, Mike ODonnell wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I love this effect. My only problem these days is that the backs of the gaffs no longer match the new bicycle cards.

What new bicycle cards do you mean? I just bought a couple decks of bicycle cards last week and I don't see any difference in the backs.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1260 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:

...the backs of the gaffs no longer match the new bicycle cards. I have had a few people point this out during performance. So as of now, this great effect sits on the shelf. Any suggestions?

Like Xpilot said, Bicycle Standard Rider Backs have not changed. To paraphrase my old boss, "If you're using a different back design that doesn't match...then don't do that!"
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
210 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Did you guys buy this effect recently? I have had it for approximately 2 years. They do not match any red standard rider backs. Hmmm, I guess I need to buy the effect again.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1260 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Ahhhh, Mike...I get what you're saying. I was wondering about that, actually. Are you saying you have a different design, like a Hoyle back or something?

I know the current cards are Bicycle Riders.

Check it out here:

https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/view-product.cfm?productID=9

Or are you saying that the design of the Bicycle Rider Back is the same but the coloration is off? Can't help you there.

- Steve
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
Blondin
View Profile
New user
Oxford, England
60 Posts

Profile of Blondin
Quote:
I know this is an old thread, but I love this effect. My only problem these days is that the backs of the gaffs no longer match the new bicycle cards. I have had a few people point this out during performance. So as of now, this great effect sits on the shelf. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike

I raised this issue with a post on this thread in November 2008. It seemed to me at the time that rather it being a bicycle deck problem,the gaffs themselves were darkening in colour to the extent that I no longer felt comfortable in using them which was a shame as the effect is first class. I haven't looked at my gaffs since that time and I must get them out to see how they are doing. Perhaps they've turned blue!!
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
I also got this several years ago with darker cards then the regular bicycle cards. Mine was red. One person pointed it out during an performance. Never used them since. I made a complaint regarding the cards, but they did not agree and I didn`t get a refund.
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
210 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
I understand the confusion. I am saying that the red color on the gaffs do not match the red color of a standard bicycle deck. I had emailed Mr. Kohler ( a while ago)and he stated that this effect/gaff was made years ago and at that time the gaffs matched. His solution: find an old deck that matches. Unfortunately, finding an old matching deck is rather difficult to find.
WesleyBryan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of WesleyBryan
Just wanted to say I love the effect. It was one of the first effects I purchased as a beginner before I knew any real sleight of hand. I threw it out, and dismissed after a while because I felt it was only for newbies. Now that I've learned so much and have gotten better at sleight of hand, I can now fully appreciate something as awesome as Aces in Their Faces. The main reason I love it is because it seems to organic. It's just a deck of cards as far as the spectator is concerned. But in the end, it's a master piece. I'm gonna be ordering it again and performing it real soon. People are already used to seeing me do magic with regular cards. I can't wait for the opportunity to ring this in and blow people away.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6882 Posts

Profile of bowers
A beautiful effect indeed.
Blondin
View Profile
New user
Oxford, England
60 Posts

Profile of Blondin
A very old thread I know but I have solved the colour problem and also got gaffs with Phoenix backs, now my go to brand. I had these made up by Cardmaker, a user here on the Café, and they are of excellent quality. He also made up some for me with Bicycle backs which match perfectly with the current Bicycle red. Incidentally, for those of you preferring blue backs which were never available from Bob Kohler, I am sure that Bernd could make these up as well.
Magikgym
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
Man I remember buying it in the 90s from either an ad in magic magazine or genii magazine. I still have it in my magic case.
Luciole
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Luciole
AITF is a very nice aces assembly.
I own my set for almost 20 years and I still love it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Aces In Their Faces by Bob Kohler (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL