The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Time to be Awesome 5 -- The Mike Rubinstein and David Roth interviews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
Episode 5 of "Time to be Awesome" is online and it is an exclusive interview with 2 of the best coin magicians that the world knows.....Mike Rubinstein and David Roth !

Mike and David discuss the history of the upcoming "NY Coin Magic Seminar" and show us some of their killer coin work.

Please go to http://www.timetobeawesome.com to see these 2 world class magicians talk about their work.

While you are there, don't forget to check out other episodes of "Time to be awesome" and feel free to pass this link onto your friends.

Regards
David Corsaro
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Wow. Thanks a lot for that! It's awesome to be able to see an interview with two of the most influential people of our art. Thanks!
coinguy
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of coinguy
That was a wonderful interview. Thank you so much for sharing.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Good stuff! Smile Despite the low audio on the guests, it's an insightful interview about the genesis of the NY Coin Guys and current efforts.

This effort by our own Doc Rubinstein and David Roth is one of the great efforts historically in coin magic IMHO. It brought together some great coin magicians that have given a lot more than just a bunch of good tricks but have also made available a tremendous bulk of magic literature.

We are all better for their efforts and offerings. These seminars they offer are great teaching/instructional efforts and if you can get to one, I'm sure it's clearly a monumental event with some of the best in the genre. I've never been to one as of yet but to know that such coin men as Doc, Roth, Latta (RIP), Gallo, Curtis Kam, Harbottle, Bertini, Mark de Souza and even young gun Eric Jones are at these things is like having a set of encylopedia delivered to your doorstep back in the old days, or like surfing the web today for whatever you need to know on the subject. Just tremendous! Thanks for posting the vid. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Awesome!!!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
WOW ,when I have time! I wanna listen
thanks a lot!!!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Don't forget about Marc DeSouza's inteview. He goes in depth about winning awards and stuff like that. Good stuff!
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2008-11-02 16:31, MarkTirone wrote:
Don't forget about Marc DeSouza's inteview. He goes in depth about winning awards and stuff like that. Good stuff!

do not worry,it is not hard to forget, because it is right there in the same page.O)
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Hehe LF, I literally cracked up reading that. Good one!
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Double Wow!
I have the pleasure to see this interview
Its so wonderful to see Rubistein do his " Silverdust" spellbound, and Roth looks like a little boy Smile
I will buy the dvds
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Awesome, thanks.

-Morten-
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Roth for president!.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2008-11-02 20:20, MarkTirone wrote:
Hehe LF, I literally cracked up reading that. Good one!

(:.

Roth for president!.. ...

How about Michael R for president and Roth as vice.? (O
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
None of the videos will play for me. Is there some type of plugin neccessary to view them? What format are they in?
Click to visit:
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
You should have no trouble watching the videos. Not sure why you had an issue. I would only suggest trying again and email me if you still have problems (magic@timetobeawesome.com)

Upcoming episodes (1 new show each week) include an interview with Francis Menotti about theater in magic. An interview with Allen Zingg about mentalism and magic. And a behind the scenes look at "Monday Night Magic."

Stay tuned...

David Corsaro
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Quote:
On 2008-11-03 13:01, Dan Watkins wrote:
None of the videos will play for me. Is there some type of plugin neccessary to view them? What format are they in?
I think I'm depressed now lol. I am going to put down David Roth tomorrow on the ballad slip haha.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thanks to everyone who watched the interview. We look at the Seminar not as a convention, but as an event - a place for magicians who share a love of coin magic to get together, learn, share, and just have a great time. Nothing is held back, and both professionals, and beginners feel like their needs are filled. Many of the attendees who have gone to prior seminars keep returning, as each one is different. Thanks for your continued support, not only to the attendees, but to the guests (Harbottle, Kam, Cummins, Bertini, Watkins, Trabucco, Connover,Schneider, York )who have given their time to help us promote coin magic, and which allows us to keep doing these seminars!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Congrats on the success Mike! Probably the biggest seminar in the US
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Jeez, I forgot to thank most of all our host Marc DeSouza! He selflessly and generously allows us to use his magic theatre, which is not only a great venue for such an event, but is in itself a thing of wonder - from his library,to his props, to his memorabilia!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
May I wish you continued success Mike on future projects.
The body of work the guys cover on the dvds is amazing.

In an age where there is so much crapiola being punted out every week,thank goodness for the New york Coin magic collection.

John

P.s The interviewer must lower the audio on his microphone.lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Time to be Awesome 5 -- The Mike Rubinstein and David Roth interviews (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL