The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone watches wrestling here? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
kaitou
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of kaitou
Hm, I have to say that I've always been more of a fan of martial arts tournaments than wrestling.
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
Jeff didn't quit his band. He failed a drug test and refused to go to rehab.
-=:Va(v)p:=-
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Just a reminder...

191 days, 13 hours, 54 minutes until WrestleMania XX in NYC!!!

(Numbers based on the time of this post.)
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I am so sick of watching the WWE.

PLEASE SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE START A WRESTLING SHOW ON MONDAY NIGHTS!!!

Typical Monday Night Raw, "main event(?)" is hyped ALL NIGHT then lasts LESS THAN 10 minutes.

Anyone here remember when the main event was the best AND LONGEST match of the night.

Wrestlemania WHO CARES???

Smile Smile Smile
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
A LOT of people care. The tickets are selling out extrememly fast and it WILL be a great show. RAW is doing well lately and has featured some good matches recently. Goldberg tries to take Triple H's title this weekend at Unforgiven. That will be a good match. Besides, Lita came back last night, that's reason enough to watch RAW, in my book!!

179 Days, 12 Hours, 21 Minutes until WrestleMania XX in NYC!!!

- Edwin Louis Cole
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I use to watch wrestling, but got really sick of it later on in my life. But I still think Stone Cold Steve Austion is the best!
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I Guarantee Goldberg Wins The Title For Two Reasons:
  1. It is a "retirement match" and Goldberg isn't going to "retire".

2. HHH is going to get married to Stephanie next week.
During RAW they kept showing Goldberg highlights from WCW. They showed one where he won the belt on MONDAY NITRO.

When Was The Last Time Any Belt Changed Hands On RAW?

Smile
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Goldberg Wins the Title! The Reign of Triple H Has Ended!!!
Smile Smile Smile

- Edwin Louis Cole
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I read on pwbts that HULK HOGAN is going to wrestle in NWA-TNA on Sunday NOV. 30th. If this is not a 1 time deal, then NWA could get a national TV contract and THEN the wwe would have some competition.

NWA-TNA is on PPV on Weds at 8 PM eastern. Its only $9.95 and it is fun to watch.

Smile
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
I started following it again, I have no idea why. Just bored on Monday and Thursday nights, I guess. Smile I knew Goldberg would win, for a few reasons:

1. Goldberg's far too valuable an asset for the WWE to lose now, which was one reason why he won the match. He's also new blood, which is needed desperately in the WWE, and he needed the credibility of a title belt to solidify his position in the WWE among the fans.

2. HHH had the title belt for far too long, and it was past time for it to change hands. I thought Kevin Nash would get the title, but Goldberg got it instead. This tells me 1 of 2 things is happening: HHH is getting ready to retire from the WWE, and this title run was a tribute to everything he's done for the company. Or possibly the staff at the WWE felt there wasn't another competitor on Raw that the fans hadn't already seen a match with. Goldberg, being the new-blooded monster he is, was the perfect choice. They needed a match the fans weren't likely to predict the outcome of.

3. Producing "monsters" is a formula that seems to be working in the WWE lately, and one that has always worked in the past. Guys like Cain, Brock Lesnar, Scott Steiner, those "monsters" are grabbing a lot of ratings because of their "unpredictablility and vicious tactics." Was there ever a better formula than the one that produced the Undertaker? Why not make a monster out of Goldberg? He certainly has the physique and the character for it. He needs a bit of work on his mike skills, other than that I have no problem with him holding the title.
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2003-04-20 10:57, aby9plp wrote:
Hi guys, I'm a huge fan of wrestling and just thought if anyone else here likes wrestling.

Can't wait to see the next main event at "Backlash" with GOLDBERG and THE ROCK!!

I used to like the larger than life quality of wrestling. I did a PPV of a match because it was held here in Providence and my brother in law and nephew were in the audience. (My brother in law couldn't figure out how they knew the Undertaker would lose his match so they could have a camera in the coffin for him to make his come back pronouncement! We simply could not convince him that the match had been pre set and they'd pre recorded the message.) The Undertaker was my favorite character. Lately, their popularity seems to be flattening out and their response to this was to get cruder and nastier. I don't follow wrestling anymore.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
WWE is going straight to hell simply because Vince McMahon is an egomaniacal fascist who thinks that he and his family members on TV equals ratings. I pray that the NWA/TNA does get a television deal so that the WWE will be forced to rehah their ideas instead of using the same played out gimmicks. My prediction: WWE will be out of business within 3 years. They have already lost 200 million dollars in the past 2 years alone. That would coincide with about the same time the McMahons started eating up quality wrestling time with their faces.

That's my rant and I am sticking to it.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Xander,

FINALLY, someone else who watches NWA/TNA.

I agree completely with your accessment that the wwe is going down hill fast.

HULK HOGAN is coming to the NWA, Jeff Jarrett "attacked" him at an event in Japan. With the stars they have from the wwe and the x division, they should have a tv contract. With hogan coming and piper they should be able to drum up some interest.

Keep watching, hogan could show up at any time.

What do you think of the Raven angle?

Do you ever watch MLW on mondays, on the sunshine network? Raven, Jerry Lynn, Mikey Whipwreck, James Mitchell and Joey styles are all there.

Keep watching the NWA.

Big Jeff

Smile Smile Smile
Swedey
View Profile

S.Wales
0 Posts

Profile of Swedey
I watch small-time promotions and Independendants.
The quality of wrestling is so much better from groups like CZW and ROH than WWE.
For those who believe no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice....
Dunninger
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Jeff,

My apologies for taking so long to respond. I feel that Hogan going to the NWA is a travesty, yet it will probably be the defining point for the promotion. Hogan showing up means a very possible Television deal. I doubt they would be able to do so without a "name" such as Hogan will bring to the table. As far as Raven, I have always liked him in all his incarnations. Nice to see him getting pushed as oposed to his lukewarm role on Sunday Night Heat during his last and final days in the WWE.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Sorry for bringing up a REALLY old thread...

But Goldberg is over-rated and over-promoted. I sure hope Kane (who incidentally happens to be my favorite wrestler) destroys him in next week's RAW.

They're destroying Kane's character. First off they are promoting him as a monster, yet they almost put him as an equal with (!!!) Shane McMahon who isn't even a wrestler. Kane barely won the Last Man Standing match which is ridiculous considering that they are hyping him as a "sadistic monster". Now they are pitting him against Goldberg and in this week's RAW - Kane running from Goldberg out of the arena? That's some joke. Kane is 7 feet tall, 326 pounds, and he is a much larger wrestler and a much BETTER wrestler at that than Goldberg will ever be. Plain and simple. I think that they are over-hyping Goldberg plainly because that is what the fans want to see but after all, that's all part of business. But it's still stupid.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone watches wrestling here? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL