The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone watches wrestling here? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Some debut, all he did was get his leg ripped off by Rowdy Roddy Piper. You only got to see his face for a second. Oh, and Piper-Hulk, Sunday. Be there or be..... left in the dark.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Wait... you're serious? I thought Big Jeff's comment about the one-legged wrestler was a wind-up.

***, you miss one week's programming...

In the UK, we don't get Raw until Friday night (tonight) and Smackdown until Saturday. I guess I'll see what you guys are talking about then.

By the way, has anyone else noticed the marked difference between the writing quality between Raw and Smackdown? Smackdown seems to be going downhill waaaay faster than Raw. Just my opinion, of course. Feel free to jump all over it.

Cheers,

Cy.
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Yes I'm serious. It was during Piper's Pit and Piper was beating up "Mr. America". A "fan" ran into the ring to help him out and got his leg ripped off. It goes up to his hip so you know it wasn't a hoax.

But watch tomorrow and have fun, it was quite entertaining. But I can't wait until Sunday to see waht Nash does to triple H. He has been such a butt lately and needs to get his @#$ kicked hard core.
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Yeah, I'm actually glad to see Nash getting a push. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he's had such lousy luck with injuries and back-stage politics messing up his angles.

Honestly, coming back from a major injury and re-injuring himself practically the moment he steps in the ring. How unlucky can one guy get? I actually thought it was a work when I saw him fall.

Hope he gets a fierce run with HHH.

Gotta go, Raw's starting.

Cy.
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Ya, Nash falls and is out for months, Triple H is dropped from 40 feet in the air in a car and comes back the next week? Whats up with that?
Smile
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I've seen the one-legged wrestler in NWA-TNA and he is good for a rookie. His name is tenacious Z, who knows what they'll change his name to for his "first professional match".
I don't watch wwe ppv, they're to expensive and other than nash and jericho I really don't like any of the wrestlers.
Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Hey, Goldberg is the man. Anybody that can spear a 300 lb. man through the guard rails (made of galvanized steel and bolted together) is one heck of a beast. Of course I know it's all scripted, but I met he guy. He is huge, hairy, and stronger than they make him look on the tv. I say him tackle a guy when he palyed football for the Sacramento Surge, and he can rock guys hard core baby, YEAH!!! Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Last night was cool, the one legged wrestler beating up Rowdy Roddy Piper. I can't wait to see him in a match.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
The one-legged wrestlers name is Zach Gowen. He is only 20 years old and he is a very nice guy. When he was younger, he was diagnosed with osteogenic sarcoma, a form of cancer that weakened his bones. A tumor was found in his leg and they eventually removed the leg when he was about 9 years old.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I've seen Zack Gowen wrestle and it is very weird when you first see him because he wrestles without his fake leg.
He hops on the one leg and wrestles like a cruiserweight.

Is anyone going to watch the WWA (World Wrestling Allstars)Pay Per View next month. The main event is STING(WWA Champion) vs Jeff Jarret(NWA TNA Champion) to unite the titles. I predict that Jeff Jarret will win.
Rumor is STING sold his soul to go to the wwe.

I guess everyone has his price.

The best reason to order the WWA PPV is the 3 way hardcore MIDGET MATCH. These guys are great, Tio- the worlds smallest extreme athlete, Puppet-the insane midget and some new guy. When they jump off the top rope its like a normal size person jumping off a ladder.
The PPV is only $19.95 and it is ALWAYS better than the wwe.
Smile
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I highly disagree with the statement that the PPV is always better than the WWE. The WWE will always be the Cream of the Crop when it comes to talent. The storylines are getting better too. Wrestling is cyclical, it has its ups and downs. It's always been like that. It will get hot again, it's only a matter of time. Of course, I am partial to WWE. Smile Smile

- Edwin Louis Cole
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
I love WWE, I just wish that Sting would show up there soon.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Have you watched a WWA PPV? or NWA-TNA?

With no real competition there is nothing driving the WWE to improve.

I liked WCW a lot better than WWE.

:kermit:
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
So did I, but Ted Turner made a stupid move by selling it. WCW had the good announcers, all the greats that wanted to wrestle still. But that's all over now, so hopefully WWE will get better.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I know nothing about wrestling except that Superfly is my neighbor. I recently found out he was famous for starting the crazyness. He cuts the lawn in his WCW outfit. (Lepoard skin briefs which he has been noted for.)
Dennis Michael
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Superfly Jim Snuka? Smile He's one of the legends from the old school days of wrestling. I believe revered for his acrobatic skills in the ring. And he's your neighbor? And he still wears the leopard pants? LOL! Consider it an honor. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
The thing that best makes Jimmy Snuka stand out is that he never wrestled with boots. After standing on those ropes for about 30 minutes his feet would hurt. But I didn't know that he lived in Jersey. I know Bam Bam Bigelow and Diamond Dallas Paige do, but that's it.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Quote:
Have you watched a WWA PPV? or NWA-TNA?
On the TV in your PJs while eating McDs. I haven't personally, but if I do I will let you know ASAP, OK?
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Like I said, wrestling has its ups and downs. Right now, it's a little down, I admit that. But the die-hards will always remain faithful, appreciating the business for what it is, entertainment and a display of athletics that rivals any basketball, football or baseball game. I encourage everyone to remain loyal and hopeful!

WrestleManiaXX is next year, and that will be as good as it gets! There are big things planned for the event, details of which are being hammered out already. Trust me, it has the potential to be the biggest and best WWE event ever.

- Edwin Louis Cole
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Speaking of favourite WWE moments, I think I will not forget Wrestlemania III—Hulk lifting a 500 pound giant to retain the title. Man, that was really the moment. Coming to a close second would be Wrestlemania 10—Shawn Michaels vs Razor in the crazy ladder match. I think the ladder match changed Shawn's career. Others such as TLC 3, Rock vs Hogan, are also great too.

I'm always looking forward for every WM because you never know which one will be the best and now if you smelllllllllll!!! lalalalalalal!!! What the Rock is cookinggggggg!!!???!!!
never try, never know
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone watches wrestling here? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL