The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone watches wrestling here? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I guess it depends on what you like. If you like 45 minutes of talking in a two hour show, then the WWE is for you.

If you like wrestling with a few surpises thrown in, then NWA-TNA is better.

Never eat at McDs.

My uncle painted the house next to Hulk Hogan in Florida.

I think DDP and Kimberly are living in Hollywood now.

:kermit:
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
DDP and Kimberly are divorced and have been for years. They don't live in Hollywood because I have seen him on the streets of Jersey a few time in the past year.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I am a big wresling fanatic. My wife lets me either get one wreslting PPV a month, or a magic book. It's a tough decision, but I usually get the PPVs. In the newest WWE magazine, there is a few page article on Zach Gowen worth checking out. Also, watch out for Sean O'Haire, he's going to be the champ soon.

Kraft
do magic

www.8bom.net
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Please, O'Hare has talent, but it's will be awhile before Brock is taken out by one man.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Yup, I agree Sean has the potential...His looks and size can bring him to a higher level. But seriously I don't think anyone in Smackdown can take on Brock one on one. I would love to see HHH vs Brock, but HHH is on Raw, so that is a sour taste in my mouth...
never try, never know
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Anyone watch Raw tonight?

Any of you older guys rember when the main event lasted longer than five minutes?

They started the "match" at 8:00 it was over at 8:05.

I rember when I didn't switch channels during wrestling and the main event was the best match of the night.

Anyone rember 20 minute main events? Or any match that went longer than 10?

When does football start? Bring back ABC Monday Night Baseball! (I'M OLD)

According to one report I read Sting has not sign with WWE. They made an offer, but Sting hasn't talked to Vince McMahon in about a year. Watch him show up at the next PPV.

I don't get smackdown, but it has to be better than raw.

Smile Smile
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Big Jeff I do remember the good ol' days when people like Bruno Samartino and Gorilla Monsoon used to fight for 20 minutes at a time.

That was when at least in my opinion the story lines were good and they were on FREE local channels and not Pay Per View events.

But hey that was then and now it is bad storylines and one night stands as far as the rivals go.

Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
OK, so Hogan...oops, "The American" passed the lie detector test. Even though I am a huge fan of his, I think it's time he gives up the sport and retires for good.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi guys

I was lucky enough to get to shake hands with the Stinger after seeing him wrestle Luger last December, and let me tell you, the guy looks good! He could still wrestle rings round anyone else in that arena and he carried Lugers worn out corpse through the match. The only other person on the bill that looked good alongside him was Perry Saturn, who was sporting some intense new tats and a beautiful set of stiches in the head from a misplaced chairshot a couple of nights before.

If Sting has the desire to make it back to the WWE, then he still has the goods. Lets just hope if he does come back, he doesn't end up booked out of the picture.

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
I have some WWE PPV videos that I'll sell for $5 each. PM if intrested. Smile
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I watched the PPV match with Luger and Sting. Even though Luger won the Stinger still looked great. It was great to see one the only wrestler from WCW who NEVER sold out. By sold out I mean jumped to the WWF.

If he goes to the WWE I'm not sure they would know what to do with him.

They should put Hogan in a storyline where he is a manager, kind of like how they use Flair.

I would have had someone else under the mask and had him get beat up and unmasked by Vince and "proved" that Mr. America "was not" Hulk Hogan OR just have Hogan and Mr. America shown in the same room together.

That's a simple idea, wonder why they didn't come up with it?

If they do this in the future, I want full credit.

Smile
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Jeff

The match I saw was not broadcast, though it was one of the events leading up to the WWA PPV I think you are referring to.

However, the night I saw it I was ringside, and would have been camera side on a broadcast night, which meant that I was about 10 feet from the action most of the time. And let me tell you, Luger up close did not look good. He did his usual pose and nothing happened except some flab moved. He was way out of shape and was gasping for air within a couple of minutes, Sting kept having to put him in rest holds to give him a chance to recover. He also needed to be told spots one at a time, rather than getting a few, following them through and getting a few more. Even then he was screwing up and Sting was covering for him. Sting really did a great job of carrying him throughout. By the end of ten minutes of mostly rest holds, Luger staggered up the ramp puffing like a steam train. At one point I really thought he was going to collapse!

I just hope it was a bad night for the guy. Because if it isn't I hope he finds a new career instead of ruining his legend with more matches like that.

Have fun
David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I think Lex Lugers career is over. He was arrested for drug posession the night Miss Elizabeth died at their house. He had a HUGE amount of body building drugs, he will probably end up in jail.

Also, tonight during Raw they announced that Classy Freddy Blassy had died. He was on Raw in a wheelchair about three weeks ago. I'm too young to remember him as a wrestler, but I do rember him as a manager. I also loved his song about "pencil neck geeks" that used to be played on the Dr. Demento show.

Smile
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Freddie Blassie was a great legend in our business, and remained a very close friend to the McMahons throughout his entire life. He was a great man who did a lot of work for local charities and the Salvation Army right up until his death. A 12-page tribute to Mr. Blassie can be found in the August issue WWE Magazine, which will be on newstands in a few weeks.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I watched the NWA-TNA PPV on Wednesday and they made a very special announcement. Someone is coming next week, the one year anniversary show.

Someone who is a multi-time NWA and WCW World Champion.

Guess Who?
Smile
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
I still have quite a few PPV videos left. They are from the year 2001. If interested, send me a PM.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Do you have Halloween Havoc with "Spin the Wheel, Make the deal" Sting vs Jake the Snake Roberts?

Do you have any with Sting vs Rick Flair?

By the way, Sting will be on NWA-TNA Wednesday night. The first time on American PPV in two years. I hope he stays for awhile.

He could really help NWA get a National TV contract and bring in some good wrestlers.

Smile Smile Smile
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
I used to be a backyard wrestler, but I quit because of all the dangers and scars. I'm going to go to college for the two to four years that I go and when I'm done I'll go to OVW school which is WWE's main place to pick up new talent.

All of my favorite wrestlers have been dropped from the WWE: Gangrel, Raven, Jeff Hardy. It's a bad thing to be my fav wrestler... Smile
-=:Va(v)p:=-
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Jeff Hardy quit to be in a band. Gangrel is now Vampire Warrior. I saw him two weeks ago in NWA-TNA.

Raven is signed with NWA-TNA and had a three-way match with Jeff Jarret and AJ Styles for the NWA world Title.

Shane Douglas made a surprise appearance and beat up Raven and Dragged him out of the arena.
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
Pangea...THANKS for the info on the 12 pages devoted to Fred Blassie coming up!!!

As anybody that has the magic video I just released will know, I'm a HUGE Blassie fan as I have him on my tape at least four different times!!

Also, I have had the term "Pencilneck Geek" as part of my regular, daily, speach for the past 20 years as well!! (Comes in real handy when some geek thinks he knows how I do an effect or tries to mess things up!)

I always hoped to get to meet Fred Blassie, but I hope I still will!!

"If there's wrestling in heaven, you know they have a hell of a card!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone watches wrestling here? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL