The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Suggestabillities by Dr. Bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Jon's right...we are silly Smile

Nathan
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Quote:
On 2008-11-07 07:01, Bill Cushman wrote:
Chiller, I can also see how that sentence could generate confusion for folks not used to me Smile.

It calms me down´that I´m not alone. Smile

Quote:
Your avatar has me scared, so yours goes out first if that is any consolation Smile.

Great, it works. Smile Smile

Quote:
If I can figure out who you really are, that is!

Look deep into my eyes and you will see... Smile
But I´m not the masked mentalist. Smile
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I appreciate the excitement, really. I think you will be even more excited when you read Suggestabilities!

Chiller, PM me so I know the name you ordered under. I do not want to take any chances Smile

Almost there, guys. And it is even more than I thought it would be. I'm begrudgingly giving away another cherished secret.

Probably twice the length and even more than twice the value and quality.

Best,

Bill
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
This one has gone up on the outlaw site too now.

Cant wait to get my greedy eyes feasting on the gems inside!

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Can anyone comment on whether this is being sent out yet?
I ordered mine noting that it "usually ships in 24 hours" but see that Dr. Bill has commented ..."Almost there, guys..." in a post above.

M&S
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I explained that mistake above. I meant Suggestabiliites would start going out in my usual 24 hours turn around time (usually much less as many of you will vouch for) after I take it off presale.

I wanted it to go out by last night and take it off pre-sale today. I'm just getting a bit too perfectionistic in my old age but it is done other than attaching the cover and the thanks. I have to go out for a couple of hours and it is definitely being sent out today. So there are a few more hours of pre-sale.

Thanks for your patience. It will be rewarded!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Excellent... really looking forward to this, know what I'll be settling down with tonight.

Cheers.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
I know what I wont be settling down with eh John?

Luckily, some excellent usable material will be coming from class acts who actually know how to write material that can and HAS been performed in the real world!

Im very much looking forward to it Dr Bill

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Thank you Dr. Bill. Please take your time as it is always worth our wait.

M&S
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
The pre-orders have been filled! If you sent in an order (other than the kind that takes time to clear) and don't have Suggestabilities in a little while, please contact me ASAP.

And who will be the first person I sent one to but forgot to attach the ebook Smile. It always happens eventually!

I appreciate everyone's patience and hope you find it worth the wait.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I know quite a bit about Paul Harris. Bill Cushman makes me want to know a lot more about Milton Erickson. How are the two related?
Read "Suggestabillities" and find out.
I'll again spend another Saturday in Portland's Powell's Bookstore (I have my mail sent there) grabbing everything I don't already have on the Milton Erickson.
"Suggestabillities" makes you want to do that. I find the prose engaging, I'm learning something new on every page and I want to know a lot more.
That's more than enough for this simple city boy. Thanks again Dr. Bill.
By the way, who could that suave dude on the cover be?
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
This should be a great book
Jack Maxwell
View Profile
New user
South Florida
11 Posts

Profile of Jack Maxwell
I remember Bill peforming Alphabody Language in a show here at the shop years ago. If he'd have asked me, I'd have told him never to release it!

I remember everyone in the audience getting involved and having a great time. It played for real, something that happens a lot when Doc performs.

I haven't read the book yet but I thought I'd share my memory of that one effect because it really stuck in my head.
It's not knowing which bridges to cross. It's knowing which ones to burn.<br><br>www.WizardsApprenticeMagic.com
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hey Folks,

Thanks Dan! I really appreciate your compliments.

Jack, I can't believe you remember this! But you may have forgotten one thing. I learned a great lesson that evening: when performing a booktest, and you tell someone to read their selection, it is kind of important to make sure you add, "to yourself!" Smile

Yup, the participant began reading out loud and I had to have him make another choice. Not my proudest moment but I somehow got out of it. And, yes, we do learn from our mistakes.

Now that the presale is over, the price of Suggestabilities is $25. Though over 60 pages, as I indicate in the ad above, some of the material was written a while back and in that sense the book wasn't as time consuming for me as The Fource.

I want to make sure everyone knows exactly what they are getting into with Suggestabilities so I'm going to share Greg Arce's foreword to prevent any "Fource like" confusion. In this case at least we can describe the material without tipping the whole game! And I think folks might find it helpful to have another perspective besides my own:

FOREWORD

You are now about to read some important stuff. I'm going to warn you first: This is not for beginners. You must have some working knowledge of mentalism and effects that rely on suggestion.

Having said that, what you will find in here will tickle your mind... as well as your spectators' minds. Pay close attention to Bill's idea on body language and how you can apply it to book tests, center tears, billets or anywhere else you get information from your spectators.

Sit down and really think about his pulse idea. Try it yourself. Visualize how freaky it will feel to the person you try this on. This is one of those things that can enhance any pulse stopping routine.

Please read and reread Bill's ideas on suggestive effects like key bending. This is deep stuff. If you get a handle on what he is laying down you will create miracles in your subject's mind.

And while you're at it, take the time to study what Bill has to say about peeking any information. I can't count the number of times I've seen some performers peek at something and it is so obvious that the mystery was lost.

All this and more waits inside. This will be a serious read. Sit down, relax, and breathe deeply... when you have finished reading this book you'll have the tools to make yourself a better performer. Read this book.... think about what this book has to say... and practice the ideas within. You'll soon feel like you are under Bill's spell. Luckily he uses his powers for good and not evil.

And now a word from this sponsor: Bill is starting to freak me out. He keeps coming up with fantastic ideas and methods. I'm starting to wonder if he really exists or maybe some guys got together and created a false identity so they could put out some cool stuff under someone else's name. Every time I read something from Bill I have an "Ah-ha!" moment. Far too many times. I'm starting to think that we'll all find out he's a computer simulated character programmed to pump out great ideas. If I'm right, I'm hoping that this program never crashes. So once again, Bill, you've come out with some great stuff... or is it Bill Version 2.3 I'm talking to?

GREG ARCE
NOVEMBER 2008

I really want to thank Greg for that one! It means a lot to me to have someone of his caliber speak so highly of my work.

Best of Thoughts,

Bill, v2.3
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2070 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I just finished reading Dr. Bill's incredible "Suggestibilities". This may well be Cushman's finest work to date. Powerful, powerful stuff. So strong, in fact, that halfway through simply READING Bill's routine, "The Jumping Pulse", I found my OWN pulse jumping from finger to finger! It honestly got to the point where I had to put the book down for awhile, as the sensation was that distracting. Now, imagine how this can affect an audience! And, as Bill suggests, "The Jumping Pulse" may be used simply as a 'warm-up'. In all my readings on mentalism, I don't think I've ever come across a stronger way to grab a crowd. THIS is the real deal, friends.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Wow.

This is sooo good.

We are very lucky to have something like this and someone who writes something like this.

Beautiful work.

D
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Gabe,

I too felt those sensations...you couldn't get the smile off my face with a jackhammer!

I finished reading it a few days ago...it's been a game changer for me...

Nathan
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
I am often posting on the good Doctors behalf...

but he releasing valuable and brilliant literature. I was anxious to get my hands on this, since this is a topic near and dear to my heart. What's more, is that this material is coming from an expert, in matters of the mind. In fact, I find myself wanting to tell him about my my father... or was that my mother. As you all probably are aware, Dr. Bill is a practicing mental health professional. The insights are throughout the work and I truly loved reading it (I finished last night). Here are a few comments

Ericksonian Extracts: This is a discussion of Milton Erickson's techniques, set in the arena of Mentalism (and magic for that matter). Bill really uses this information and it shows. Using the power of language and the ability to facilitate, rather than control. Bill's thoughts here are fantastic and are valuable insights on how to create an atmosphere that is in everyone's best interest.

Alphabody Language: This section of the book is basically a great rationale and pseudo explanation for some standard mental effects. Great stuff, I will say no more on this. Depending on your subtext, this can be a tool for helping one be congruent.

A suggestion on suggestion: I don't want to mention exactly what this is, but I do think it is one of the great "secrets" of suggestion. In fact, right after reading this, I was discussing this with my wife. I could not agree more on this topic. In fact, I have used this very technique in my daily life. This is fantastic. This chapter explains what suggestion is, and why it works. I love it.

The Jumping Pulse: A fantastic and simple idea for the use of suggestion and a practical application of the preceeding chapter. Cool, fun and a no-brainer.

Justifiying your gaze: This section is a discussion on the two schools of thought regarding secret work. It is very practical, and well articulated, discussion on peeking. One would be able to use this immediately. This is some great work on helping you be confident, while doing the dirty work. Bill gives some straightfoward information and application.

Outside the Fold: Basically this is a very clever "mental-epic" type routine. This has some really nice work and utilizes some standard methods, but applied in a psychologically deceptive way. Great.

Then it ends with a great andecdote regarding an Adventure of Millard Longman and Dr. Bill. There are some great insights discussed as a result of an interesting little "trip" that these two brilliant gentlemen took. This was both fun and revealing. It was a joy to read.

I don't typically spend this much time, laying out chapters of a book, in a review. However Dr. Bill's latest release in a fantastic set of psychological techniques, from a gentleman who would know. This area of mentalism is what drew me to this from the start. Basically, "Suggestibilities" is a wonder set of real world ideas, that help one utilize more esoteric skills like, suggestion, the power of language, and rendering actions "psychologicall invisible". These skills are golden.

As Gabe stated above, I think this could Dr. Bill's finest work.

Regards,

Sean
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks guys. I love hearing that The Jumping Pulse worked as you were reading it!

That is a perfect example of one of the things I talk about in "Suggestions On The Use Of Suggestion" regarding the role of dissociation in suggestion. And ideomotor response for that matter.

I'm glad you are finding this so easy to understand and use. That is part of what I was aiming for.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I just bought this but still waiting to show up in my Inbox

Hmmmmmmm.......still waiting......

will be posting a review after I digest this....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Suggestabillities by Dr. Bill (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL