The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Criss Angel show... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Well, interesting article at least.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/new......68.story

Quote:
Magic, like the circus, is an inherently dark and cruel art form, so there's no harm in sprinkling a little S&M titillation around the edges of the production. After all, people come to Vegas for kinky thrills and the seductive whiff of make-believe danger.

The problem is that "Believe" doesn't really have the courage of its most extreme convictions. So it swathes its fearless Grand Guignol fetishes in an awkward mishmash of themes, metaphors and visual stratagems. You name it, they try it here: rear-screen projections of dramatic cloud-swept skies, Middle Eastern dance music, "The Night on Bald Mountain," giant poppies, whirling dervishes.
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
From what I have heard of personal reviws coming from those who have seen the show, that review is very kind. Still, I guess I can't judge until I see it personally.

I doubt I will ever take the time though.
Beware of this and that.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... wha... oh... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I just read the review in Variety...

"Nevermind the bunnies, Criss Angel Believe is a dog."

http://www.variety.com/review/VE11179388......=33&cs=1
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Too bad. I hope it comes together and makes a good impression for magic as theatre overall. G'luck.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
We might very well know who put the bloinky eye on Angel and he won't be able to throw it off soon. Donating that wagered million to childrens' hospitals might be a step in the right direction away from hypochrissy and its attendant consumer whoa!

--Lucia VonFranz
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Criss Angel show... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL