The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » U3F (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Thanks for posting you thoughts and experiences about U3F.

I have to tell you it's very gratifying to hear of your successes.

To be honest, I never imagined it would become so popular.

Over the last few years I've made some changes, additions and improvements to the routine. Some of my closest friends have added sensational ideas to the routine as well.

It's my intention of later this year upgrading the training from VHS tape to a completely redone DVD. For owners of U3F, the upgrade will be very inexpensive. Just my manufacturing/production costs. Probably in the $10/$15 range. More details on the upgrade when the DVD is ready. I don't know the exact timeframe so don't email me to find out. When it's ready you'll be the first to know.

The reason I'm mentioning this is I know that many of you that have been using U3F have adapted it to fit your style. I'm sure many of you have improved U3F in new directions none of us have thought of before.

If you would like your ideas shared with other U3F owners, please send your ideas on tape to me at:

2657 Windmill Parkway
Box 313
Henderson, NV 89074

I can't guarantee that every idea will make it to the DVD but the best ones will. Also note, this DVD will not become a standalone magic product with a general release. It will only be available to owners of U3F and future owners of U3F. If duplicate ideas come in, all creators will get credit.

All of the material will be shot in our studios at Bob Kohler Productions and mastered to DVD with the same quality found on the Ninja Rings.

Here are a couple of thoughts for you...
If you find yourself in a situation where there are just tons of people trying to see what you're doing, grab a chair and stand on it. Elevating the performance can turn U3F into an impromtu stand up show. I done thia in ballroom, walk a round situations and created an absolute frenzy! I guarantee that if you do this be prepared for an onslaught of people wanting to see you do more magic.

One of the concepts I didn't really get into on the tape is that the visuals of the trick happen in a horizontal plane, from left to right. I want the audience to be extremely clear of when each coin "Flys".

But in between each "Fly", I don't want the audience to be able to focus when I'm doing the transfers. To cover this, I move closer to them, apparently to be even more fair. What really happens is the audience is forced to refocus on my hands. When I move it, they refocus. I let them catch up with me. But on my back to where I was standing, I do the transfer. They absolutely always miss it. They can't refocus fast enough to "get" what happened.

I think this is most important right after the first coin has traveled.

I hope this is clear. It will be a lot easier to see it in action.

I better get back to practicing...I think I have a show in December.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I just got my set today. The quality of the coins is great. It's a great routine and it's not difficult to do. I mainly do cards, so this will add something different to my performances. I can see using the gaff for other effects as well. Well worth the money.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Hi Bob!

You no doubt already know that Earl Nelson has extended the U3F routine by inserting a couple of interesting interludes.

He also has an interesting approach to the first coin, as well as an alternate way to do the second coin across that's very amusing and amazing.

So you might want to get in touch with him for your DVD. (I understand all tipsters get a free copy...).

Cheers,
Jerry
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I am going to have a half dollar set from Lassen soon....I can imagine this being usefull in a shadow coins like routine.

Jakks
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2003-05-02 17:42, Dr. Jakks wrote:
I can imagine this being usefull in a shadow coins like routine.

Jakks

Not really.
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » U3F (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL