The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Tales from the street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
563 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Kozmo is correct. He will be lecturing for IBM Ring 122 on Tuesday, January 27th.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Koz,
Is that Ring 50 in DC????? Or, Denny's in Balt?????
Looking forward to that!!!
Bill
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5396 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
SAM 23
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
460 Posts

Profile of ekins
Kozmo,

Are you coming West anytime soon? Particularly, the Portland, Oregon, area?

-Brian
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5396 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I would love to....I'm hoping to do a west coast swing in late February and early March...if you have a place for me to lecture, let me know....I would LOVE to go up your way.

koz
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'll try to hook you up in the SF/Sacro area if you want, Kozmo.
Call me.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
But, Frank, what about me?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

You can come too, DynaMike. Do you want to lecture, or are you here for the babes?
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Hey, Koz, where is the trailer? I want to buy the DVD, but need that tease to throw me over the line... I look everyday for the trailer and was wishing I would have seen one by now...

Shawn
Shawn.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Shawn,
Believe me when I tell you that for this set of DVDs, you won't need a trailer. This is one of the best set of DVDs out on Street Magic....after watching both discs, I've already made a couple of changes that I know will make a big difference in hats..
Thanks, Koz & Danny!!!
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Good to hear, Bwarren... I guess I should just pick it up.
Shawn.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
563 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Shawn,

I don't think you will be disappointed. Tales From The Street is great!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-12-20 02:16, Frank Starsini wrote:
You can come too, DynaMike. Do you want to lecture, or are you here for the babes?

No comments. Smile
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
I have only worked the street venue for a copy of years, and only part-time at that. I have made it a hobby, though, to collect as many DVDs and books on the practice of street performing. My first question was, "Koz would do a set of DVDs after doing the Cellini trilogy? What more could be said?"

Well, to my pleasant surprise - plenty. Correct me if I am wrong, but nowhere can I remember reading or listening to advice about transitioning from one effect to another without encouraging applause. In fact, I can only remember what to say when they don't applaud! The more noise they make, the bigger the crowd. Right? I have to agree with Koz, though...encouraging applause often results in people walking away. I have seen this myself, embarrassingly after my first effect. I find myself saying, "Wait, you'll miss the best part of the show!"

Thanks, Koz and Danny. Well done.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Gazzo will also stop the applause, usually after the six oranges and before the melon reveal. "Wait, wait, not yet..... NOW!"
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2008-12-21 11:00, Wayne Whiting wrote:

Thanks for all the kind words Wayne

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Quote:
On 2008-12-21 11:00, Wayne Whiting wrote:

Well, to my pleasant surprise - plenty. Correct me if I am wrong, but nowhere can I remember reading or listening to advice about transitioning from one effect to another without encouraging applause. In fact, I can only remember what to say when they don't applaud! The more noise they make, the bigger the crowd. Right? I have to agree with Koz, though...encouraging applause often results in people walking away. I have seen this myself, embarrassingly after my first effect. I find myself saying, "Wait, you'll miss the best part of the show!"

this was an eye opener for me too. I am doing the street in europe now almost 20 years. in my first show there was no problem but in my western show I had that problem. after the child takes out the egg form the bag people applaud and leave.

kozmo, I have tried it now with-out the applause and it is better.

no matter what you can always learn from somebody. this dvd is well spend for me.

thanks kozmo & danny
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

I was able to plug Kozmo's spongeball ending right onto the end of my new spongeball routine.
It's a lot of fun to perform and great reactions.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2008-12-29 04:54, Frank Starsini wrote:
I was able to plug Kozmo's spongeball ending right onto the end of my new spongeball routine.
It's a lot of fun to perform and great reactions.

I agree Frank. I have to say, I was pretty blown away by Kozmo's act. It is one of the most original street acts out there. It is nice to see somebody who is not 'doing' a Gazzo or a Sonny Holiday.

It is also really cool to see an act on the street that is so layered, some of the things like the card and cup for example are just layer upon layer of things going on. I also loved the way that he took the "I'm your real father" gag and turned it into a premise for the routine. That line I believe is from Gazzo's book "read between the one lines" (A GREAT BOOK IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR LINES!).

It's a great street act.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Really enjoyed the discs,,,ok a lot of it would not be siuted to the UK slant but the thinking behind it would.

The plums for me were the multi sponge hat load and the out takes which I thought were hilarious.Laughed so much the tears ran down my leg !!!

Excellant,,,

Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Tales from the street (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL