The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index The side walk shuffle Tales from the street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
It really does look like a baby's forearm holding an apple. Smile

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! Im so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I ordered the DVD the other day and am waiting delivery. I can't wait to learn from these!! C'mon mail carrier....
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
I knew that this one would be great, but I was blown away by what I discovered. As I mention in my review, the approach on this DVD is unprecedented.

http://magic.about.com/od/professionalma......reet.htm

Danny, fantastic job with the interview and commentary. I know how hard it is to do great work on camera and you made it look easy. Now, about that forearm holding an apple... =)

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Thanks Wayne! That means a lot coming from you.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! Im so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
Gensheimer
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Gensheimer
Watched Disk One last evening just after I opened the box from Elmwood Magic. Great instructional DVD. I do a few street shows every summer and I know that the information that Koz has shared will definitely help me improve my show and draw and keep my crowds. Thanks Koz and Danny for a job well done.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
This was without a doubt, my best selling DVD of 2008.
Congrats Koz.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Got 'em.....LOVE 'EM!
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2009-01-23 14:34, Gensheimer wrote:
Watched Disk One last evening just after I opened the box from Elmwood Magic. Great instructional DVD. I do a few street shows every summer and I know that the information that Koz has shared will definitely help me improve my show and draw and keep my crowds. Thanks Koz and Danny for a job well done.

Thanks man, I'm really glad everybody is digging these. Koz and I really put a lot of effort into trying to make the information straight forward and accessible. Hopefully it will make the learning curve a little easier for those starting out.

Best,

Dan-

marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
You know Danny, you look at lot better on video than you do in person, good makeup!

I would urge anyone who has a chance to get the video to do so and to get to a lecture as well. Actually, I would probably advise seeing the video, then going to the lecture. You will be able to see live (since he does the show before talking about things) the show and you can watch people react to it and see how the interaction with crowd really works. It's great to be able to ask questions too.

If what you are interested in is tricks, then pass on this DVD, and the lecture too. The tricks are good, and his handling is top-notch (I was watching for the loads in his chop cup routine and only saw one of the loads) but Kozmo and Danny talk about performing and entertaining, concentrating on the why of the effects and handling rather than on the how-to.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 19:22, marty.sasaki wrote:
You know Danny, you look at lot better on video than you do in person, good makeup!

:wow:

Marty??????

Don't worry Dan, I think you look great. Smile
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 19:22, marty.sasaki wrote:

My wife says the same thing Marty! She says, "How come you look like Alec Baldwin on video, and come home looking like Rodney Dangerfield?!"

I'm tellin' ya', I get no respect!

It was great seeing you Marty!

Best,

Dan-

Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 20:52, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

Don't worry Dan, I think you look great. Smile

Thanks Tony, I appreciate it. Smile I am also REALLY looking forward to seeing you do a stage set at the Mystery Lounge! I hear that is going to happen in a few weeks, is that true?

Best,

Dan-

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Dan

I don't know. I have not heard anything yet.

Tony
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Dan, you look cool everytime I see you.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24273 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just got these from Bill Duncan to review for MUM.

I won't tip what the review I sent in early this morning says. I think most of it has already been said in this thread here.

This is an excellent set. It's worth far more than its price.

You guys did a fine job!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
zippyfix
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of zippyfix
Just finished watching the Kozmo video,

Wow is all I have to say. A true perspective from the street level. Croud control, gathering an audience. I have a new found respect for the buskers of the land. I doubt I will ever have the skill to do this for a living, but it gives me something to strive for.

To anyone thinking of getting into busking, this is your video. An all in one package
profgizmo
View Profile
New user
Florida
54 Posts

Profile of profgizmo
I too love this dvd. It pretty much covers everything you need to know to do a short sidewalk act. The only thing I would have liked to see was a complete act, start to finish, uninterrupted. It's pretty much there, but in parts. My other question to Kozmo is, when did you get an Irish accent? It is clearly there in your performance segments. Not typical for an upstate New Yorker. Does it help the act?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5396 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I to be truthful don't understand the little accent that comes in and out of my act...it was never planned, it just happens so I cant tell you if it helps or not but I'm guessing it makes me more interesting....

I'm really happy you guys are getting stuff out of these dvd's

thanks
koz
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Hey Koz,

This DVD is brilliant man. It's really good. Very honest too. That's what I like about it best.

The overdubbed commentary is really helpful to know what to look for, and the chapter "recap" with the street signs is a great learning tool too.

Very well produced...it really makes a difference in making this a teaching tool (as opposed to a video that just shows another worker).

Danny Hustle's addition to the DVD pushes this whole project from "great" to "all-time classic".

Honestly, I'd put this dvd up against the best of 'em in watch-ability, quality of production, and correct focus for the target audience.

Thanks for creating this.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5396 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks chad....and you weren't going to buy them!

koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index The side walk shuffle Tales from the street (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL