The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Tales from the street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
Oh, you guys with your money for buying things. You make me jealous. I will continue to learn the hard way.
So sorry I soiled your precious eyes.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I finally got a chance to watch the finished copy of this DVD last night and to be honest...I'm pretty proud of it. It's all there, and Kozmo breaks it down using his act. The real brilliance is he used footage from shows that were tough shows. Because they were tough shows you can actually see the 'work'. The stuff on crowd control as well as the visualization of it right down to moving one or two people to keep an entire audience in check is now understandable to anyone.

I used to try and explain this junk to people and their eyes would kind of glaze over and you could see that they thought I had drifted into some zen, surfer, B.S., rant. Between Kozmo and I and the footage from his show I think this stuff is finally accessible to anyone. I was really blown away by the final cut. IMHO if you want to perform a sidewalk act on the street this is the most important work ever produced on the subject.

A lot of people do not understand that crowd control with a sidewalk act is just as important if not MORE IMPORTANT than controlling a circle show. It's all there man, the whole deal. I just hope the people who need it buy it. This information is just as important to the guy who may have been floundering for a couple of years trying to make it click as it is to the guy brand new to the street.

This thing is just so focused, even the second DVD that describes Kozmo's act reiterates all of the management aspects again. Layered, layered, layered. There is a reason for everything in Kozmo's act. Kozmo took the old, "I'm your real father" line and turned it into an entire presentation for his card to cup routine. He takes the opportunity of a bill being burned to get a laugh out of pulling his table back. There is nothing wasted, every opportunity is taken, and it is a show that tells Kozmo's story.

A smart performer would watch this second DVD and listen to all of the WHYS Kozmo explains and use them to apply to material he/she is all ready working on. All of this stuff is transferable to material you may all ready may be doing. The thing is most new guys never think about this stuff. A lot of the stuff on these DVDs has not been talked about before, and a lot of this stuff is what makes up a lot of the common mistakes we see a lot of guys making.

I wish this DVD set were available when I was starting out. There is a lot of ground covered and it is a set you will watch again and again. You might even want to watch it with a notebook handy.

Powerful stuff!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just got my copy. Ended up staying home for a long lunch and sat through Vol. 1.

Great stuff! You guys did a marvelous job.

All or most of this would apply to things like trade show work, as well.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5411 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I just want to point out that on disc one, there is not a play all.....it's in 2 sections, table talk and the interview...make sure you watch both sections, as I think there is really important information in both segments....

Thanks for the kind words, fellas.
koz
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yeah, I noticed that. I only had time for part one. I'll be watching the interview and Vol. 2 today.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5411 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'm glad you noticed....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 13:19, tedb wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.
koz

No, we should be thanking you and Danny for putting this together for us.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
So, just had a chance to finally write down my 2 cents on what I thought of the DVD. Since Danny gave a lot of what I was going to say, I'll keep mine short.

The uniqueness of the set is the fact that not only does Danny ask questions and Kozmo gives answers, he shows examples of the answers via what he does in his show. As Danny says, Kozmo breaks down his entire act into 5 key areas, then proceeds to talk with Danny, and then shows how he does each step. There is no Mysticism in what is being said, No Double Speak...Just Plain Speak. You hear it, then see it in action, then get a recap. There are many A-HA Moments in these DVDs.

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 = it sucks and 10 = out of this world...

Quality of the DVDs is 10. The picture and sound were clear, and there were no signs of editing at all.

Information is 9.5. There were a couple of things I would have like answered on charter building and how he chose his effects, but the information that was given out weighed the fact that this wasn't covered.

Teaching Effectiveness is 10. I wished all the DVDs told not only the what and the how, but also the whys.

Tricks are 10. To quote Danny...Yes, Virginia there is a "Busking Show in a Box". But why would you want to copy exactly how Kozmo does it? He gives you so much more.

Value for Your Money is 10+++!! The first DVD alone was worth the money paid. Folks, this is like getting a college education in how to perform magic on the streets. Even the outtakes are funny, as they were gave a lesson.

Thanks, Kozmo, and Thanks, Danny, for putting this together.

Ok, so I went a little longer than I thought.

George P
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
I recently interviewed Kozmo. You can read it here:

http://magic.about.com/b/2008/12/10/interview-with-kozmo.htm

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Wayne,

I am A BIG fan of your work on Reel Magic Quarterly! Just GREAT stuff!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
Thank you, Danny. I'm looking forward to watching your interview with Kozmo.

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Profile of JohntheMagician
WOW

I can wait for the Kozmo Lecture down my way this Saturday.
I'll be picking up his DVDs then.

See you Sat, Koz..
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” ~ Doug Henning
<BR>____________________________________________
<BR>WWW.ILLUSIONDELUSION.COM
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I enjoyed Kozmo's lecture last month. I wish I could see it again. He was also at the Magic Castle in November.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
He claims to be coming to Boston soon for a lecture. You get a date yet, Kozmo?

bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Koz,
Just finished both DVDs last night. Great Stuff. You & Dan made a great team.
I already see a couple of areas that I need to change, like the shorter times.
Lots of really good, useful info on these 2 goldmines....extremely well worth every penny. Let us know when you're coming to the Va/Dc/MD area.....
Bill
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5411 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'm lecturing in DC in February.

koz
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Kozmo and Danny Hustle, congratulations on making the best instructional Street Performing DVD there is bar none.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Folks, if you get the chance, DO NOT miss Koz's lecture.

His lecture is the real deal... and what lectures SHOULD be...

Magic needs more people like him to give advice, tips, and real world info.

I have attended many lectures, and Koz's has given me more useful advice than any of them.

Kudos, Koz... you are a stand up guy and a wealth of info.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
So Kozmo,

When are you coming to Boston?

Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5411 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
January 27th, IBM 122, I think. Smile
koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Tales from the street (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL