The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Colossal Blizzard (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I have this effect and I like it. With the name fiasco aside ( which I do think is a joke for the record) I think this is a fantastic practical method for the routine and with pocket management etc it has replaced blizzard. Sorry Dean, ill use it now and again but this is a grand little effect
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 19:19, Pete Biro wrote:
DOOMO... you left my name out of your message... I spoke with Dean Dill today and he had no idea you were putting this out and using 'BLIZZARD' as the name. He's not happy, but intimted that a cash settlement to continure using the name BLIZZARD could be negotiated. You can reach him at intmiracle@deandill.com

I'm sure he did!
how much $500, $5000?????????????????
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1652 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
I really find this is a shame. Just for a name, since the method seems to be completely different... Business in magic is really a tough thing.
Ben
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1354 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Everyone new is old.

I am not out to fool magicians, and a similar type of effect can be found in one of Karrell Fox' book and made for pennies. I've been doing it for years for lay people and it fries them. Added my own ending, and people can take the deck and examine it.

I love latest versions and new effects to fuel my passion, but after being burnt more than once, I will not buy an effect that has a cut up edited demo.

I came from a time when there were no demo's. So I would rather there be no demo at all rather than an edited one.
I had one magician say, well, a knowledgeable magician would be able to figure it out and do it without buying it if he saw the whole thing.
Then it should be put in a book, not a one trick DVD!

"Bro" had his demo for Deep 3 and told all, 100%, and I bought it on that principle.

Learn from him...

Until then...

ACE
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Let's not forget it would be almost impossible to duplicate deep 3 without the jokers etc. Since it's a gaff deck I'm sure that it does not hurts sales to have a complete demo
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1354 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
It's easy to get a deck of all jokers. I probably have more than enough around here with all the decks I use.
It's the principle of the matter.

ACE
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I knew exactly how Deep 3 was done when I saw the demo and I could have made it then and there but that didn't stop me from buying it because I could now decide by seeing the WHOLE effect if it was something that was workable and something I would use.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
I may be having a senior moment and can't remember the exact revelation, but this sounded very much like David Regal's Alone!!!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
The effects are similar but not even close in method. With alone, the card is revealed face up in the deck and every other card is blank. With colossal, you remove their card and show the rest are blank.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1354 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Aldo Columbini has a deck effect like this also: "Draw a Blank". You can hand out cards as you go, and the only one with a face on it is the one they freely named, no forcing.

Even if I figure out an effect from a Video Demo, I will buy it if it will fit in my show. I do figure out most effects from Video Demo's, like Prohibition was one of them, but I still bought it for the fine handlings.
It's like the old days when catalog descriptions were misleading, now, with editing, we can now make Video Demo's misleading. From the Video Demo's in general that only show part of the effect, I am guessing that there is something there that is not clean cut and might keep people from buying it. I quit buying stuff unless I know how it works ahead of time, then I will gladly support the originator if I can use it in my show. I have a specific style, and new effects need to fit my style.
Since I work magic for a living, I don't want to buy tools I cannot use. Unless, of course, they are collectables, like my Chinese Sticks. Smile

ACE
rantaak
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of rantaak
I think that both Blizzard and Colossal Blizzard have their respective pros and cons. The latter fits my performance style more closely, as it is more direct (so long as you can justify the Knepper business). I would recommend Colossal Blizzard to those who perform for spectators.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
So this is better and more clean than Blizzard itself?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2010-05-05 22:57, Failed Magician wrote:
So this is better and more clean than Blizzard itself?

It is designed to be a self contained effect. No switches and no sleights. And to have different total effect than either Blizzard OR Kollosol Killer... I am not sure why I am answering this, as the effect has been out for a while and all these questions were already answered... But oh well... Back to writing instructions....
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Kakuna
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Kakuna
Would you say that this is easy to do? I have the original and I'm thinking in getting this new version. Is it better?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1576 Posts

Profile of Ihop
This is an old thread and I didn't want to start new one on the same subject.
But what are your thoughts on Colossal Blizzard 2.0 by Anthony Miller and Magick Balay
versus the original.
I watched Magick Balay's performance and I was really impressed.
I'm going to Tannens' tomorrow. Magic Balay works there. Im considering getting this.
I swore off getting more card tricks but this looks really good.
Ihor
BonJannon
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of BonJannon
Anything Tony Miller puts out is awesome.
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
333 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2016, Ihop wrote:
This is an old thread and I didn't want to start new one on the same subject.
But what are your thoughts on Colossal Blizzard 2.0 by Anthony Miller and Magick Balay
versus the original.
I watched Magick Balay's performance and I was really impressed.
I'm going to Tannens' tomorrow. Magic Balay works there. Im considering getting this.
I swore off getting more card tricks but this looks really good.

Here's the thread that was started a few months ago regarding 2.0 http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=624010
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Colossal Blizzard (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL