The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Bob Little booth at magi fest Suitcase style table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Let me check my warehouse during the coming week. I used to have one of these things. If I still do, I can make you a deal on it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Paul Daniels sold one of these recently on ebay full of magic props, I seem to remember it went quite cheaply.
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
If I recall correctly, the late Jack Hughes used to make a table identical to this.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
It looks like an accordion case. Maybe one could be retrofittede - used cases are usually available through music stores.

Marc
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I have one of these tables it is sturdy and just the right size to but my hip hop magician on also great close up table
jslefler
View Profile
New user
Ohio
16 Posts

Profile of jslefler
Let me put your questions to rest. I make the table that you are refering to for Bob Little. Which may explain why it is covered with the same material I use on my Suitcase Tables.

I do not sell them directly. If you need one you will have to ask Bob. I know he is out of stock at htis point, as we are making him a run of 12 at this time.

To my knowledge there are no pictures available online of this table.
jslefler
View Profile
New user
Ohio
16 Posts

Profile of jslefler
The box table you are looking at on the Practicle Magic website looks very simular to our Hank Moorehouse cube table. http://www.magicandsoundsystems.com/inde......s_id=236

I hope this helps.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
That is not the table I think we are talking about, at least I'm not.

The one I am talking about is more triangular and opens like a suitcase table.
-Matt
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I decided to revive this thread due to the fact that I now have found what Trickychaz has been looking for. It is indeed the Old Style Merv Taylor Night Club Case from the 1950's or so. I have owned mine for many years and it is in bad shape. I recently ran into Bob Little and he has the Cases for sale and has a few more left. I just bought one from him and it is better QUALITY than the Old Style. They sell for $ 200.00 plus shipping. Bob has a few left in stock. If you would like to see what it looks like I will post a few picture in the next few days and I can email them to you or they will be posted on my website under Magicians. Remember Bob does not do computers or email. If you want to order one you will have to call him at (215) 672-3344.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The table Bob Little uses and sells at his convention dealer appearances is a Gun Case. I was told this by many well informed magicians. I have seen this design case around with a little more round top edges.

It is not very practical as it will not hold to many props. If you are doing a rope, silk, and card act. It would fit nicely.

If the price is why you are posting this string, then I am sure you will only save a few dollars not giving Bob Little your business. He is an honest dealer, one of the few that are left in this business.

I believe he has been selling these case for the same price for the last 30 years, what a deal!

You can reach Bob at this site: http://www.sam4.org/MAGICIAN/BobLittle/index.html
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Bob, does NOT use this case at the conventions nor does he bring any with him due to his schedule and he also flies to most conventions.

THIS IS NOT A GUN CASE,
I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A GUN CASE!!!!!

Rodney

Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I have the Pictures ready to go. Click on the Link below and enjoy. If this Link does not work please COPY and PASTE it into your web browser address bar.

Rodney

http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt337/firstclassmagic/

P.S. I took 8 Pictures total. When on Photo Bucket click on the Picture to En-Large it for a better look.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 13:00, First Class Magician wrote:
Bob, does NOT use this case at the conventions nor does he bring any with him due to his schedule and he also flies to most conventions.

THIS IS NOT A GUN CASE,
I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A GUN CASE!!!!!

Rodney

Excuse me, but I have seen Bob at many conventions over the years, he is at Abbott's Get-Together every year.

This is where I have seen this case at his booth.

He may now fly to places, but he ships his items ahead. More recently, I have seen him with the popular brief case that converts to a sort of table. As many of the dealers have used.

Bob Little was the only source for this oddly shaped case to table I was ever aware of. I have no idea who makes this un-practical case (for me), but Bob Little is the only source I have known about.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Remember, pictures are now on Photo Bucket of this remarkable Night Club Table/Case.

Rod

Foxbiz
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
209 Posts

Profile of Foxbiz
Seems that I saw this at Klamm's Magic at one time. I know I sketched this out for future reference about 10 years ago.
Lynn Fox
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Lets bring this back to the TOP as this is an AWESOME case that Bob Little sells and is made by Joe Lefler.

RJ

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Bob Little booth at magi fest Suitcase style table (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL