The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Third time tied up ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
News >>> that Weasel has got engaged during his trip to Africa. Congrats to him and his lady....third time lucky!

Summary of this season's shows is pretty sad with the escapology side of things on the fall.
To compare with last years books, a total of 265 escapes performed on the outside show circuit has dropped to 119 this year. With next season nearly full already, the percentage of escape work pre-booked is down even more.

Costs with the increase in PL Insurance may have something to do with this, but popularity of escapology compared to sideshow performance is on the wain. Also, with the credit crunch, the cheaper acts are creeping back in again. Just a sign of the times. So, clowns and stilt-walkers could clean up next year. We are lucky to have been involved with the sideshow scene from its start on the show runs and will still fit the odd escape in with this.

Britain's Got Talent and Open Mike are still real desperate for EAs to have the mickey took on their "shows" but, once more, are after the freebie.

To sum up >>>> I feel lucky to have had the best of it in the past but sad that the escape future (Outside Shows) is grinding to a halt.

Enquiries from Festivals and paid Street Work is one area that could provide a limited income for an EA... we picked up 8 days work @ a shopping centre in Weymouth, plus a further 3 days booked for Portsmouth. Also, a month over the Xmas at Ringwood, Lapland event. But, once more, the street style show rather than the escapes were requested.

OK, a glum look maybe, but a break for a while could be of benefit to escapology in the UK....it all comes around again...so hang in there and jump on it when it comes.

Ken.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
OK, first of all, what the heck, Weas? Did I miss a group post on this? Of course it would help if I read them all. Congrats, man.

I agrees with you, Ken, everyone everywhere is looking to cut corners. Cheaper performers or none altogether, got to save the money somehow.

Less shows still beats sitting in a cubical all day though, right?

Good luck through the winter season, and take care.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Third time tied up ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL