The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Is there a production item to use with mismade flag that isn't a change bag? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
While we're on the subject of Mis-Made Flag...
I rarely do the trick. I prefer to produce a red, white, and blue silk and place them in a Velcro change bag and change them directly into the flag. I just think using the American flag for a comedy trick is un-patriotic. A Grant drawstring change bag may be more acceptable for those who have a prejudice against the traditional change bag with a handle. Besides, why would any really good magician ever want to do an effect where it looks like he made a mistake?

If you want to do a mismade silk effect, there's a nice one that I got several years ago, but it might not be available any longer. I can't remember who made it. The effect was that you see a silk with a black and white picture of a flower in a pot and you ask kids to throw colors at the silk. You act as if the "invisible colors" missed the pot and, sure enough, the silk changes to the same black and white flower pot with splotches of color all around the flower but not actually hitting the flower. The kids missed when they threw the colors. So you put the mismade flower pot back into the bag and it changes to a colorful flower.

You might be able to find it still at some of the dealers.

In my presentation I add an educational element. I tell the kids:
"Flowers need water to grow. Can you pretend to grab some water and throw it at the bag?"
They do, but I pretend that some of them missed and the water got on me.
Then I tell them:
"Flowers need sunlight to grow. Can you pretend to grab some sunlight and throw it at the bag?"

Eventually a properly colored flower silk is produced.

I don't know if the trick I just described is still available, but it's worth searching for.

------ Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
The effect is called Paint my Flower, by Laflin and used with a Massal tube, it's a brilliant effect.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Trickychaz:

May I suggest that you Google "Tarbell Cone"?...

It's a great utility prop that's inexpensive and works well for many different silk routines as well as switching/changing/vanishing/appearing other stuff, too!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
A quick list of several items that work
Niffon Tube
Popcorn Dye Box
Abbott's Casket of Pandora
Abbott's change purse (mutilated Parsol)
Crystal Silk Cylinder
Mirror tube
Dye Tubes
Paper Bag (yes gaffed of course)
Silk Cabby
Dove Pan (double load0

These are just some of them I thought of off the top of my head. I know some have been mentioned before. I just thought I would them all in one place
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Thanks for providing the title of the "Paint My Flower" trick from Laflin Magic, Dave. For my kid show audiences I got a lot of great reactions performing that routine.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Sonny, I just combined "Invisible Paint" by Creative to my "Paint My Flower" and eliminated the Masal Tube and for a finale I have a 175 yard streamer.
The effect did not need any enhancement, but I wanted more time and I had Invis Paint and wanted to do something with it.
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 14:46, dave wrote:
Sonny,
the only square circle I know of that is a phantom tube is from Creative magic called "Invisible Paint"

There is a square circle on the market by "FT" that has a top hat and wand on the front that has a phantom tube for the inner tube. It's a really nice set, but I really like the invisible paint better because it's just so fun to use a paint can.

On that subject, If anyone is desperate to have an invisible paint, (mine is NOT for sale) now days with paint cans being made of plastic, I just can't imagine it would be all that difficult to make a decent workable phantom tube out of a plastic paint can. Buy two cans of cheap paint, pour out the paint, clean the buckets thoroughly, cut the bottom out of the one you are going to use and apply the phantom layer by cutting the wall out of the other can and go from there. Epoxy glue, an exacto knife and maybe some scissors should be the tools needed. You would also have to cut the top rim off of the can where the lid snaps in or the phantom would be covered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Is there a production item to use with mismade flag that isn't a change bag? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL