The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where are the Australians? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
I note that here in the Café we have visitors from USA (the host Country), Canada, New Zealand, and of course us Brits. who seem like an army of ants on the world wide web. There are also contributors I believe from Singapore, Japan etc. But just where are the Aussies? Are they all out dropping a few "king prawns on the barbie" all the while?

Tony.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Aceparties,

The first 30 pages of the Members List shows 8 Aussies. That is 8 out of 900. On this basis, out of about 6500 registered members there are probably only about 50 !!

At last! we've found something they aren't good at...Magic.

Smile

Howard
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1001 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Gday there to all! An Aussie here. Just couldn't resist after seeing the comment about "At last, we've found something they aren't good at....Magic". Had a good chuckle. Was thinking about cricket, rugby, tennis, things that the Pom's seem to be struggling with.
I haven't lived in Australia for a long time now, but when I did go back there about 5 years ago, the only magicians I could find were British who had migrated out there. I don't remember any magicians when I was young. Think it has a bit to do with the relatively short history of the country, plus the thousands of low class convicts that were let loose from the prisons set up by the Brits after serving their jail sentences for petty crimes comitted in Britian. HA! Just kiddin!
I'm actually from Scotland myself and and part of a 10 quid tourist family who migrated out there in 1958. Total cost for a family with four kids.....25pounds, ten each for mum and dad, and five for my older sister who was over 12, the rest free. Don't we all wish it was that cheap now!
JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where are the Australians? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL