The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Finding Ickle Pickle Products (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Fumblethumb
View Profile
New user
Amarillo, TX
25 Posts

Profile of Mr. Fumblethumb
I've been "brown bagging" in "The Museum" and developed an intrest in some of the Ickle Pickle cups that are shown. Trouble is that I can't find a list anywhere on the net that has current Ickle Pickle products list. Is Ickle Pickle still in business? Are they now working only in aluminum? How is their quality?

Thanks
Don
When I vanished the knife at the end, the lady said;"You just made my day." And she had just made mine.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Ickle Pickle still makes magic props, Don. I'm sending you a PM with some leads as to where to buy a set. Pretty much aluminum only right now. Never used the IP cups but I'm sure Bill or one of our other resident experts can fill you in on that.

P.S. Don is OK guys, he doesn't have a lot of posts, but he is a former church member of mine and I can vouche for him, he is no troll.

Plus he is very creative. He made a chop cup (he gave me one) out of a goblet he bought at bed bath and beyond that is one of the best I've ever worked with. It is presently by far my favorite. The balls adjustable, and the feel and handling are great.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Ickle Pickle is owned by Steve Bender. The company has no web site. They sell entirely through dealers or at various trade shows. Daytona Magic carries their products.

Steve Bender is the proprietor. The company is located in St. Louis. You can find a phone listing for the company if you google Ickle Pickle Steve Bender.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
US Toy Co in Kansas City also carries an array of Ickle Pickle products, and Steve Bender has a booth at the Midwest Magic Jubilee in St Louis every year.

Hope that helps too.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1005 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Ickle Pickle is a very good company, Steve Bender mails out I believe two - three mailings a year with great deals and quality products. I suggest calling or mailing him to get on his list, if I am not mistaken he is on his 25th year.

Chuck
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I have an aluminum Ickle Pickle Chop cup... Julep (spelling?) shape. Its my favorite chop cup. The gaff is invisible and it will take a massive final load, its light but sturdy and looks like a cup you might see behind a bar. The gaff is strong and the ball set that comes with it is VERY well made. Not sure what the prices are on it these days, I paid around 20 bucks for mine and was shocked at the quality. Granted the store I bought it from wasn't a magic store and it had been on the shelf collecting dust for a very long time. They didn't know what it was, so they said the sticker price was 20 bucks... I didn't argue.

-DJ
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Steve also does a lot of appearances at clown conventions. He used to work for Rings and Things as a spinner, so I have heard.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13354 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I carry their products. I like them. I epecially like their Widemouth Chop cup.
PM me if you have questions.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I just got one of the Wide Mouth Chop Cups from Frank a couple of weeks ago, I like it. A good big and sturdy cup.

In fact I'm getting a second one.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13354 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Josh flipped when he got his first cup.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've had a IP Widemouth for years and it works great. I use RNT2 balls with it because I like to use a bigger ball and the gimmick strength is adjusted perfectly for the cup, unlike the balls that came with it. I'm sure that if the balls aren't at the right strength, Frank would make the perfect set.
Mr. Fumblethumb
View Profile
New user
Amarillo, TX
25 Posts

Profile of Mr. Fumblethumb
I'm interested in a set of small Monti style cups for working out of a pocket. I found just what I want on Bill Palmers "Cups and Balls Museum" site.

They are listed here but I'm not a dealer:

http://www.funinc.com/xcart/product.php?......0&page=1

I haven't found any other site that describes the product well enough to be sure what I'm getting.
When I vanished the knife at the end, the lady said;"You just made my day." And she had just made mine.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24223 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
These are basically a copy or reissue of the old Rings and Things "foxy" cups. There is a set of these in copper on the big auction site.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Here's an update on the IP chop cup balls. Since the balls are too small for stage use, only 1", I decided to try them with my pocket chop cup. The chopped ball was too strong at first, but I took a knitting needle to it and was able to remove the gaff. Both balls in the set have a hole drilled through them, if you'd like to chop both of them. I should be able to shim them.
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
75 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
I cannot find any mention of "The Ultra Mini Magnetic Pan" on this site. This is my first Ickle Pickle product and I adore it. I wish I could tell Steve Bender personally or electronically (I live in the UK, so cannot feasibly pop over to a convention in the US). If I bought another dove/chick pan, I'd buy his. I am currently putting together my own take on Card in Light Bulb. I wanted to genuinely burn half of the playing card, but only pretend to sprinkle the ashes onto the bulb (pretending that my aim is to have the ashes form the value and suit of the card on the bulb and project onto the shade) so as not to course a mess. After a lot of research - the mini pan was / is my solution. Ergo, I don't plan to use the pan as a magic trick in its own right, but as an incidental, non-magic prop to burn the card in.

Quote:
On 2009-02-23 18:03, djkuttdecks wrote:
...it will take a massive final load...

There's an innuendo in there somewhere - but I just cannot put my finger on it. What can I say? Benny Hill and Carry On films are part of my culture!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Finding Ickle Pickle Products (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL