The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Need Feedback Please... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
So check it out...

A fellow Magi out here in Dallas showed me this routine about a week ago. Nothing to write home about, but it's a cute little piece of 50 second eye candy. It's a reset plot...simple, direct, effective. I don't know if this effect is HIS or not so if anyone out there has seen it before, please let me know WHO's routine this is as I'm all about proper crediting, etc.

So here's the deal, the routine uses a count called The Rhythm Count (as shown in version #1 of the video). This was the routine as it was shown to me. It was ok but I was thinking that something just seemed kind of "ehhhhh" about the count. A laymen would never notice...but it was just one of those things that just bugged me.

After sessioning on it a bit with another magi, we thought perhaps it would look better by altering the count a bit.

Please watch the video and tell me which version you like better...#1 or #2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVKtRBw14fM

The only difference between the 2 versions, is that in #2, we took out a small part of the count and added a 2nd deal to the count b/c we thought it made more sense and gave it a better flow.

Watch it and see what you think...your opinions would be appreciated.

Christopher

BTW...the quality of the video is crap...I know this. Also pay no attention to the "presentation" of the effect...I shot the whole thing in about 2 minutes at 1am in the morning on my cell phone and then did a quick 5 minute edit job...I was going more for technical appearance and not so much on presenting the effect if you catch my drift....just wanted to get some quick feedback. = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
#2 looked better.

Why is this in Pasteboard frolics? Wouldn't it be better in the regular card forum, the "workers" or whatever it's called? You'd get a lot better advice there, I think.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I actually stuck in several differnt spots hoping I'd get a lot of feedback. Thanks Stone...I appreciate it.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Need Feedback Please... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL