We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Is magic your strength or your weakness? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Is magic your strength or your weakness?
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Yes.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Depends on whether or not I perform it at appropriate times or not.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Both.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Weakness when it comes to spending money and time; strength when it comes to enjoyment, education, and joy of entertaining.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
What the good Father said. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Strength when it comes to helping others on the Café. Weakness when it comes to paperwork.
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
^ paperwork? Do you mean creating invoices for clients? IMHO, magic is not an area typically associated with much paperwork.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Natanel, you must not be a full time magician. It require more than invoices. I'll give you just a few examples: Bookkeeping, contracts, bills regarding business (phone lines, Yellow Pages, website secure names), daily planner, proposals, bank accounts, assumed name, government taxes, marketing, EIN, fax, solicitation mail, etc.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2312 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I remember Mark Wilson saying in a lecture that he spent 80% of his time marketing.

I recognized magic as my strength and is why I made the decision to become full time. My weakness is working a 40-hour a week job for a boss I don’t like.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Quote:
On 2008-11-11 10:30, Dynamike wrote:
Natanel, you must not be a full time magician. It require more than invoices. I'll give you just a few examples: Bookkeeping, contracts, bills regarding business (phone lines, Yellow Pages, website secure names), daily planner, proposals, bank accounts, assumed name, government taxes, marketing, EIN, fax, solicitation mail, etc.

haha That is somewhat true (I am a student), and my affairs are probably not nearly as in order as they should be. Gigs tend to consist for me of 3 things: an invoice, a check and a thank you note. I like the ease of this, but I know I really do need to start worrying about taxes and all that fun stuff.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Strength - I have not yet encountered a female in my day profession who also is a practicing magician!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2008-11-11 10:41, Ken Northridge wrote:
I remember Mark Wilson saying in a lecture that he spent 80% of his time marketing.

I recognized magic as my strength and is why I made the decision to become full time. My weakness is working a 40-hour a week job for a boss I don’t like.

Awww, c'mon, Ken. Lighten up on the poor guy! LOL!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
My weakness, but not my only one I think. I don’t know which is my greatest weakness, Redheads perhaps.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The two sides of the same coin: magic is both my strength and my weakness.

Strength: for it taught me what's behind appearance and how appearances are structured.

Weakness: for it is my escape from a reality which boundaries are too often too close.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Is magic your strength or your weakness? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL