The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » World´s first Poker deck for left handed people! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Here it is: I invented the world´s first Poker deck for left handed people!

Some may say that if you google you will already find these kind of decks. But no: all of these decks are only suitable but not intended for left handed people by using 4 indices.

I just had the idea to design a deck that is ONLY suitable for lefties but not workable for right handed people.

Just have a look what I mean:

This kind of deck is so stupid that you can have a lot of fun with it. Hand it out to a normal person or play a poker game with them. Just see their faces when they learn how it feels being a left handed person in a right handed world.

This deck is custom printed on demand, what do you think? Stupid, funny or clever? New possibilities of forces etc?
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3212 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Clever.
DonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Champaign, IL
258 Posts

Profile of DonEngland
This a giant step backwards.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
That deck has some interesting possibilities for card magic.......I don't know what they are, but laymen don't generally have a clue about pips and their orientation on the card.......and spreading these "right handed" makes them look like blank cards, but spread "left handed" would show a full deck (laymen wouldn't have a clue where the pips belonged, and that top pic shows them all cleanly).......mmmmmmmmm?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Perhaps it is not a step backwards, but sideways. I know that it is more a fun deck and that it must look stupid for all right handed persons.

But aren´t most Guinness Book World Records completely strange but somehow funny?

Chinese Proverb
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
This is an excuse not to learn the reverse fan for blank fans Smile
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
220 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
Well, I am left handed and I would buy a couple of decks if for nothing else than to be able to do a proper spectator riffle peak and side steal trick---although I also usually collect odd decks that appeal to me anyway.

They would also be entertaining to hand to a fellow magi to perform with and see the surprised look on their faces when a standard thumb or pressure fan comes out blank.

I'm sure if one thought about it, they could come up with some neat effects by just introducing some of these as stranger cards in a regular deck or vice-versa.

Cheers
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I'm also left handed and would be interested in these.

What is the price on these?
Magic is a vanishing art.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2008-11-11 16:24, Card-Shark wrote:

This deck is custom printed on demand, what do you think? Stupid, funny or clever? New possibilities of forces etc?

Yes, yes and yes. I hope lots of people have lots of fun with this deck.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
220 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
Quote:
On 2008-11-11 21:32, edh wrote:
I'm also left handed and would be interested in these.

What is the price on these?

Wasn't it a hoot when first trying to learn card tricks by constantly having to think left when the book said right and vice-versa.

Not to mention having to work out different methods for peaks, glimpses and such because the indices's were alway on the wrong side for the way us lefties had to hold the deck.

Righties don't know how good they have it when it comes to learning card tricks.

Cheers
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Nerdini exactly! Peeks were a nightmare. Darwin Ortiz has a nice left handed peek that I have been using. A godsend for peeking.

Also there are some effect that cannot be done at all. I believe Ed Marlo's Matching is one of them. I like the effect but can't do it because of what's involved.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
As these decks are custom printed I cannot compete with a normal Bicycle deck price. They are available with blue or red backs for a special price of 28.50 US$ or 25 Euro, depending if you live in Europe or the rest of the world. Shipping costs are 3.50 Euro to Europe and 5 US$ to the rest of the world (including USA Smile )

Please contact me by PM or Email until I can put these Left Hand decks into my online shop.

Chinese Proverb
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
The first thing that came to my mind was reverse fans too, but sahunhong beat me to it. The deck very interesting, would definitely be fun to play mind games with people with. I'm curious about pricing too.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
A real card cheat told me a normal deck,US style, held by a left hander, in his right hand, can do a much better glimpse in cheating work.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of aitchy
Its a good idea- if I had had one of these decks when I was learning to fan and flourish - it would have been great , but I learn to adjust my methods to use a standard deck -

good idea but too late for me!
;)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » World´s first Poker deck for left handed people! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL