The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Telepathy in Action Booklet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi all,

Also on the Hocus Pocus website..... a 45 to 60 minute act without any props.

Sounds intriguing!!!!

Anyone have this yet or know about it??

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
This is where Kenton got his ideas for Kentonism.

I am curious how Hocus Pocus got the rights to this publication?
James
ps
The ad copy is true, but if you are good enough to do this act, you can do anything.
Telepathy in Action takes serious audience management and showmanship skills.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Mentalism
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Mentalism
Is it the same skript from Orville Meyer, which is hard to find and very expensive?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Yes I think this is the same script from Orville Meyer.

Regards

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Naaaah...................I'll pass this right away........You guys should save every dime you've got.......Coming soon on February - Valentines Day..........

Jerome Finley will relase his Work on Pseudo hypnosis............and yes, it's include his takes on Orville Meyer "Telepathy in Action" and Enrique Enriquez "Art Of Imagination"............

and my spider sense is tigling, inform me that Jerome's release on his Pseudo Hypnotism will have a Heavy price tag........

I hope so............since I hate a Wannabe or Lurker or Hobbyist lay their hand on this

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Mesmer,

Thanks for the heads up!

I will wait for Jeromes work on Valentines Day.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks

Alex
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Well I just read Telepathy in Action, and I must say a resounding...WOW!

An entire show is contained in this booklet and it is powerful stuff. If you are a mentalist or magician who would love to inspire laughter and amazement in an audience, this is a must have. If you want to hit with the power of a pro hypnotist using the power of telepathy and psychology, this will do it.

Imagine audience members doing what you have wished them to do without you ever audibly telling them to. Imagine being able to will them to: be unable to tear paper, be unable to find you on the stage, feel a penny growing hot in their hands, forget how many fingers they have, be unable to stand up from a chair, be unable to find a coin they just put into their own pocket,see money falling from the sky, makeout with a broom, be drunk on water, etc. This booklet walks you through a show that lets you make those things occur for an audience.

The booklet says it is geared for an older performer, but I am 27 and , after reading it cover to cover, believe any mature performer can easily do this routine. You simply have to be able to have a smooth and casual demeanor and do well speaking in front of others. Comedic timing will help as well. That said, this is not a comedy routine. It is a demonstration of the power of throwing thoughts into the minds of others. What they do with those thoughts creates the comedy.

Applied correctly, the audience will laugh until they cry and believe you have the ability to control others with a single thought. I am happy to have this in my arsenal of knowledge and recommend it.
-Matt Sconce
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Matt,

Thanks for the input!!

Alex
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Matt,
I agree it is a great and powerful routine, but you have to be careful it does not turn into a lecture.

It is not for beginners.
James
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 23:30, Xiqual wrote:
Matt,
I agree it is a great and powerful routine, but you have to be careful it does not turn into a lecture.

It is not for beginners.
James

I agree with both points. As long as you have fun and convey the fun to the audience, you should be fine. You can also take a different approach than the exact one in the booklet, using the same principles, and avoid moving into a lecture. This is definitely for people experienced being in front of and talking to groups of people. It would create a powerful show. Smile -Matt Sconce
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Yep...this is for Mature & Experiences performer..........this will turn off lots of Wannabe, since they will think to themself

"How on earth Im going to pull this off???"

which is Good....less people will do this kind of thing.....
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I really detest a lot of the magicians on this webpage knocking hobbyists with words like "Wannbees".

If you are really a pro then act like one and have a little grace. We have all been there. Some of the people here might not be lucky enough to get a kick into the biz yet.
James
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Back on topic,
Matt,
I was wondering if you have everperformed this routine?
Actually, has anyone here EVER performed this routine?

Besides Kreskin and Orville Meyer. I have seen videos of Kreskin doing it.

I have heard many comments like "So powerful" and "Packs small, plays big" but who has performed it live? Anyone here at the Café?
James
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
I have not peformed it as I just read it a couple days ago, but I believe it would be pretty powerful. I too would love to hear some stories of this in action! Smile -Matt
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2008-11-15 20:21, Xiqual wrote:

I have heard many comments like "So powerful" and "Packs small, plays big" but who has performed it live?

Anyone here at the Café?
James

James,

I did present more than one variation of it (my thanks to Enrique Enriquez and to Jerome Finley with whom we exchanged thoughts on this old gem).

But then I had the original book by Meyer... which I thought would have never been republished.

If you need info from me, you know where to find me. Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Thanks Paolo,
I had actually heard that the original plates of this book were destroyed and it would never be republished.

I have a feeling it's public domain.

My main point is that this is not a book for hobbyists or even a lot of magicians to waste money on.

You cannot present this material to people you know, drunk people,shows with time constraints like 20 minutes.

I know it sounds like a miracle, but it will take some serious audience control.

I think Paolo will a gree with me about that.
James

Quote:
On 2008-11-17 10:36, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-15 20:21, Xiqual wrote:

I have heard many comments like "So powerful" and "Packs small, plays big" but who has performed it live?

Anyone here at the Café?
James

James,

I did present more than one variation of it (my thanks to Enrique Enriquez and to Jerome Finley with whom we exchanged thoughts on this old gem).

But then I had the original book by Meyer... which I thought would have never been republished.

If you need info from me, you know where to find me. Smile
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
James,

I FULLY agree with you...

Because what you say it's the simple truth! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
This is now selling (as an e-book) on the lybrary.com site for an astounding $20, about 10% of what the original has sold for on eBay!
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
winewizard
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of winewizard
The book is on Hank Lee's for $30
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
James,

I've performed and actively use 'TIA' in my current shows and programs. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

Meyer's work here constitutes a significant portion of my repertoire.

I perform two versions; the first is traditional OM and nearly identical to the process and procedure in the book. The second (preferred) is my take on the demonstrations with updated work, handlings, subtleties, variations, applications and techniques.

Seeing this for sale again made me cringe. As James said, many people will NOT be able to pull this off for a multitude of reasons. Those who can will have a major miracle on their hands and an entire devastating act with them wherever they go.

My thoughts and work on the subject (including ways to fix the above mentioned issues) are slated to appear in 'Thought Veil.'

'Thought Veil' was originally intended for release on Valentines Day of this year. That deadline is going to be pushed back a few months due to the sheer size and depth of the tome (a complete hypnosis course, suggestion, persuasion, 'TIA', pseudo-hyp and more is all included) and will top out around 500 pages.

'Telepathy in Action' is a true gem; a diamond in the rough that when polished through active use becomes a shimmering source of sparkled beauty and infinite inspiration.

Best,
JF
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Telepathy in Action Booklet (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL