The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Buckley Coin Catcher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Been reviewing the DVD set for the "Ultimate Miser's Dream" by Levent and discovered a coin gaff that I could use right away. He demonstrates it on his first disc, the gaff came from Principals and Deceptions by Arthur Buckley. It's a half dollar shell attached to a swivel and finger support. Anyone seen an example for sale?
I will gladly pay to have a craftsman create one.
Thanks.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Isn't there something similar described in Bobo?
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Just looked, nope.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Great! Now I'm going to spend the entire evening trying to remember where I saw it.

Sigh.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Maybe in Buckley's "Principles & Deceptions" book, which has a section on his Miser's Dream routine? SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Just downloaded the "e-book" of Buckley's "Principles & Deception"-but there was no photo or illustration-just text explaining the construction of the gimmic.
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Sent you a PM.
John
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Thanks. Still need a lead on finding or making a Buckley Coin Catcher for my routine.
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
I tried the gaff from Bobos and just find it better using a slight. The gimmick seem harder to use.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Got some SUPER help from the best. Here's a photo of the completed gimmick-handmade by a skilled individual, eager to help out a magician in need.

Click here to view attached image.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
PS-the "big name" coin gaff craftsmen turned their noses up at this project and said they didn't have time to fool with it. So nice to have a gentleman help me out.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Wkitwizard, I am watching Levent's Miser's Dream DVDs right now and came in here to see where I can buy a Buckley coin catcher. Is your craftsman friend still making these or was that a onetime deal?
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Sorry to be late in answering this, but my one-time example of the "catcher" was a favor done for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Buckley Coin Catcher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL