The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Advice Concerning Disabled Vets In MA And Business Licensing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I know it is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone here went through the hurtles of applying for a business license in Massachusetts? I’m considering applying as an entertainer, the applications don’t really cover “entertainers” but rather entertainment businesses such as amusement parks and the like.

My specific interests are the programs for disabled veterans. I’ve found references to the programs but no specifics. I am going to contact the VA and the SBA in regards to these as well as the state, but it would be great if I could find someone in this business who went through the process and can provide a little guidance.

Tony Iacoviello
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2432 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I know that in my state (Virginia) I am a 'provider of personal services' for some reports, and for tax purposes there is the same matrix of business-type-numbers that one uses for the Federal Schedule C.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
For the past 15 years I have not had a need, the state allows for a sole proprietorship to file taxes using the SSN. There has never been an issue. But I approached a venue today to get a spot at their event, and they require state issued documentation. I don’t have it, so I lost out on a 3-day event.

So today, I went through all the on-line resources and even called the State House, and could not get clear information. I don’t need a DBA, I don’t need an EIN, all I need is business license (something to show that I am authorized to conduct business in the state). But when I informed them that I was an entertainer, all sorts of other rules came up and need for permits and other licensing from my city, my county, then they went on about other requirements that I may need to fill and directed me to documentation on horse racing, arcades, and lottery sales (no kidding).

I was just hoping that I could find someone who has gone through this nightmare in this state of confusion we call Massachusetts.

Tony
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
While I don't have experience in your state with those requiremnts, it sounds similar to what I had to go through to get a DUNS number to bid on federal gigs. The paperwork was doable, but pesky. Perhaps getting one of those numbers might help with your quest.
googoodolls
View Profile
New user
Colorado
71 Posts

Profile of googoodolls
Wow that seems like a big mess you got there. I am wondering what I need to do? I planning to get a job tomorrow if all goes well. But I live in Colorado and am searching for what I have to do business wise. So the feds don't come after me. So yeah if anyone knows what they have to do specifically let me know? Thanks if anyone can answer my question.

sincerely,

Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Advice Concerning Disabled Vets In MA And Business Licensing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL