The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Restaurant worker's handbook vs The Complete guide to restaurant and walkaround magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
Dear All

What book gives the best advice when it comes to approaching restaurants for work (and keeping it) and for routining?

Dave
David
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Just finished reading The Complete Guide, and did not find the marketing to get the gig info I was looking for. Can't speak about the other selection, but Magic Menu vols 1&2 were more useful in that area.
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
"Restaurant Worker's Handbook" was good! I haven't read "The Complete Guide to Restaurant and Walkaround Magic" so I can't say anything about it.

I will agree Kingry, that the Magic Menu series has been very helpful.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Restaurant Workers Handbook has some good advice for getting the job, but even it ignores a good method...cold calls. Using the RWH method I was inspired to go out and get a gig. I approached many resturants and only one would even talk to me! I ended up getting the job fortunately. I decided to just go out and do cold calls and got another job, met a few restaurant managers and even gave a free demo nite (which got me a birthday party show down the road).
Yavid2001, if you want my 2 cents worth you can PM me if that's possible (I'm new to this internet thing and have no idea how to PM or get PM's).

I also really like The Magic Menu.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Restaurant worker's handbook vs The Complete guide to restaurant and walkaround magic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL