The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic Show As Marketing Tool (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
David, we have community art centers and small mom-&-pop theaters that are very open to this kind of thing. You can rent the space and reap the rewards or work a partnership arrangement with them.

For example, Pinehurst is a small, very-well-to-do golf community near me. Their restored historic downtown area has a small 200 seat movie theatre with a full stage. I've performed family shows there several times on a 50-50 split basis on the tickets - they keep 100% of the snack concessions - which is where their real profit comes from. They only show movies on the weekends, so Monday thru Thursday are generally open.

I worked a similar deal with a local comedy club using their stage and gear for family shows for Saturday matinees and Monday evenings - Most comedy clubs are generally dark during those times.

A local puppet troupe uses an Improv club's stage twice a week for morning Sesame Street style shows and have developed a very loyal following. Same 50-50 arrangement.

Check with your local art council as a starting point and see what they would suggest.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Most cities are cutting 'way back on multi-use buildings. Might your City have some little-used buildings that are costing them money that they would rent for a reasonable fee?

Being a warm-weather place also, we have "snowbird parks" that have recreation halls. Might you have some in your area that would be available?

And there's always the library; ours has an auditorium for rent. Kinda small, but so's the city.

Ed
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Local VFW or American Legion might have a Hall you can rent.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic Show As Marketing Tool (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL