The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Whip Lash DVD (With Gimmick) by Stephen Tucker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anyone have this for a review?

Contents:
Jumping Jack Flash (gimmick included)
Avalanche
Paragon Monte
Signed Coin in Bottle
Incredible
Stroll On
Revelations 3
Heart Attach
Quintet
3 Fly Fo Fum

DVD Bonus Features:

The "Whiplash" DVD includes "PDF Prop" Required for the "Incredible" Routine plus a performance of Stephen's amazing "Omega" routine and Exclusive 20 minute interview conducted by Dave Forrest!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
SinMan
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of SinMan
I seen this a couple days ago I liked his Twister Continuum.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Dave sent me a pre-release copy of this a while ago. I love Stephen's other work and this is no exception. Some seriously good, easy to do commercial magic on here.

At the Daytona convention this past weekend, Dave demmed "Jumping Jack Flash" dozens of times. And when he did, most people bought the dvd... Just because of that one trick. Strong stuff.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I don't see a demo clip anywhere.

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I believe the demo will be up soon.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
No demo.

Oh well. I'll get something else instead.

jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
This effect got a good review in the latest issue of Magic magazine. Lots of magician fooling routines and effects supposedly. So I'll probably this up in the near future.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

"Revelation 3" is going to be a favorite among many...
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Wow, this sneaked out! I'll have to check it out, Stephen Tucker has some great material, and somehow still stays 'under the radar', which suits the rest of us.

Looking forward to this!
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Jordan beat me to it. Its review can be found on page 93 in December's issue of Magic magazine.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
The trailer is now up.

Dave.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I checked out the trailer and I'm impressed w/ Jumping Jack Flash incl. gimmick and that it's a two phase haunted deck routine. AND NO THREADS, WIRES, MAGNETS or ELASTIC! Amazing.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi

I just noticed that Stephen Tucker now has this for sale on his website with a special deal:

LIMITED TIME OFFER... Order now and receive Stephen's OMEGA e-book (performed on the DVD and worth £10.00) ABSOLUTELY FREE.

http://homepages.tesco.net/stephen.tucker1/index.htm

Peter
Alternative Magic
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
PS

I just asked Steve about this and he told me that if you already have OMEGA, he will allow you to select another e-trick.
Alternative Magic
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Looking forward to some Café member reviews. MagicSanta, are you getting this?

teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
I have seen Steve do some of the items.
His stuff is very punchy, clever and always EEEZZZZ to do
Simplicity is his buzz word. When he comes to our little gathering, his party piece
(I call it showing off) is to take whatever effects that we do and show us how to make it SIMPLER to do. He is amazing. And a great guy
:)
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
No reviews yet? I'm particularly interested in "Incredible". What happens in that effect?

Obviously intriqued with the haunted deck variant, too.
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Hi all,
First of all I am not usually one to post reviews but this DVD has certainly urged me to do so. And secondly I am very selective in what I buy as, like most of us, I have that draw full of magic crap that I was 'tricked' into buying in this ever increasing world of 1 effect magic DVDs which do not hit the mark at all :o(
OK on with 'Whiplash'. I will put it straight from the outset, this DVD is a gold mine of magical nuggets. In a way I am gutted that this DVD has been released and I am not the only person to own it as there are some real magician foolers on here and I wanted them all for myself!!!
I will highlight the effects:

Jumping Jack Flash: A superb no wires / magnets Haunted Deck effect. This is very clean as the supplied gimmick is unobtrusive and nobody will ever spot it. (Look on Youtube for a demo).

Avalanche: This is the one I wanted for myself! A mentalism style card effect which uses blank cards (Face & backs). You are able to deduce a totally thought of card (no forces at all, different card each time, no gimmicks) from a totally blank deck. This one fooled me bad and will fool many magicians likewise.

Paragon Monte: A very clever paper-clipped type effect with a monte theme. It is one of those effect that you get great enjoyment from just doing just for yourself.

Signed Coin In Bottle: At last a coin in bottle routine where I don’t have to worry whether or not the 'elastic band' is going to remain intact as I tip the coin back out of the bottle. I have to say that this is the cleanest and most cunning coin in bottle effect I have seen and will have the pleasure to learn.

Incredible: Based on Steinmeyer's Nine Card Trick but again Steve has used his clever mind to enhance and improve the effect.

Stroll On: A really nice chop cup effect using a roll-on deodorant! Steve has the uncanny ability to look at everyday objects and apply magic to them in such a clever way. He has done this very successfully with this little gem.

Revelations 3: I laughed out loud when I saw how this effect was accomplished and thought 'how clever yet effective'. A spectator/s select 3 cards which are signed & returned to the boxed deck by the spectators. You are them immediately able to produce all 3 cards from your pocket from the inside boxed deck! A very similar outcome to an effect recently put out by Alakazam however this method is much easier and much cheaper!

Heart Attack: A lovely packet effect which I immediately made up and was performing on the day I got the DVD. I have found that women especially like this one so you single guys may get some mileage out of it if you know what I mean!!!

Quintet: Fooled me bad, very bad. Another packet effect which punches hard. Based on a gambling dream which you had were you produced a royal flush from four kings. There are a lot of this type of effect on the market but again because of Steve's clever and practical thinking this one ranks as one of the highest. A real fooler.
3 Fly Fo Fum: And so I save the best till last! We often hear the phrase ‘worth the price of the DVD alone’ well this is most definitely true of this effect. 3 Fly Fo Fum is a 3 Fly effect without the need for a shell or any other coin-type gimmicks. There is however a small gimmick (if you can call it that) which I guarantee that everybody reading this will have in some form or another in their house right now. I have been looking for a fairly easy no-shell 3 Fly type effect for a while and this more than hits the mark. I have made learning this effect my priority as this looks like real magic! I am only sorry that Steve didn’t just show it to me so that I can fool other magicians! You start clean and finish clean and it is perfect for both close-up and strolling magic situations. This effect is without doubt going to become a legendary way of achieving a coins across type effect. My favourite effect of the DVD , and it was very hard to pick one).
In closing my first review I truly echo everything that Peter Duffie has said in his ‘Magic Magazine’ (Dec 08)review regarding ‘Whiplash’. If you are after some really good commercial effects which will fool both laymen and magicians then check out Whiplash as I gaurantee that you won’t be disappointed.

Dean

PS. Steve has a special offer on a the moment if you go to his website in that if you buy Whiplash he will send you a free copy of his amazing ‘Omega’ e-book (un-gimmicked ‘Twisted Sisters’).

http://homepages.tesco.net/stephen.tucker1/index.htm
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I'm so glad you reviewed this, Dean!

I wanted to review it but really can't as most would think I am too biased. But when I saw this dvd, I was blown away. Not surprising, though, as Stephen's work has always impressed me.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I've ordered already
but just to satisfy my curiosity...
the usual question I pose (sorry!)
how much of this can be done strolling without a table?
thanks again
matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Whip Lash DVD (With Gimmick) by Stephen Tucker (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL