The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Whip Lash DVD (With Gimmick) by Stephen Tucker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Got the dvd
re the whiplash effect itself, I'm suprised that in the credits this wasn't mentioned?
http://www.alakazam.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh0000......45#a1945
they seemed make the effort to mention people where credit is due for effect like coin in bottle etc
maybe I'm missing something, but surley they are the same effect and method?
nice prodcution on the dvd anyway
and I with most will be over to order the omega effect, very nice!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Stephen does give credit to the originator of the effect.

Also, just for clarity, the effect is called "Jumping Jack Flash". The dvd is called "Whiplash." Common mistake. Smile
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2008-12-01 12:16, deanbarlow wrote:
A very similar outcome to an effect recently put out by Alakazam however this method is much easier and much cheaper!

PS. Steve has a special offer on a the moment if you go to his website in that if you buy Whiplash he will send you a free copy of his amazing ‘Omega’ e-book (un-gimmicked ‘Twisted Sisters’).

http://homepages.tesco.net/stephen.tucker1/index.htm

These two effects prove what I said in my post above. Steve is an absolute genius at simplifying effects and making easy workers out of hard to do, complicated and overlong effects.
:)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I wasn't going to get this DVD. There was no trailer, there was no chatter about it.

But, some folks I respect told me a bit about Stephen, so...I got it.

Stephen Tucker is a funny, DIABOLICAL thinker! I only just started watching and already love this DVD.

The folks that produced this really need to promote a project like this, because Magi here in the states are going to miss it.

I'll write more later, but I'm digging what I see so far.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
The effects that really caught my eye on this dvd were; Avalance, revelations 3, heart attach, quitet and 3 fly fo fum.
I thought his signed coin I bottle was good but I still prefer prohibiton. If you are buying this dvd there will be a few things you will have to make but nothing knuckle busting at all.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Hey do I need any type of blanks for the effect avalanche? Like which deck do I have to get? (i hope that it wont reveal anything)
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Double sided blank cards.
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
Yeah, you need double sided blank cards, but you may have to buy 2 decks as need a few more than 52 cards
chappy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of chappy
I ordered this 3 weeks ago, received a paypal confirmation BUT NO ORDER CONFIRMATION. I have emailed twice asking about the order, and have received NO REPLY FROM DAVE.

Dave I would greatly appreciate a response about this. I am looking forward to receiving the dvd.
DETAILS OF DECEPTION at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
jayder
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
196 Posts

Profile of jayder
Deanbarlow your review is spot on.I bought this at blackpool from stephen tucker and he's a great guy.This dvd is well worth buying.Avalanche is brilliant.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Just bought it waiting to receive it by mail. Is the gimmick red or blue? or does it vary? can you make it yourself once it gets worn out?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17030 Posts

Profile of joseph
Visions has a review up.....I'm ready to order...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Stephen is brilliant. After you buy this dvd, check out his old Spellbinder magazine. It's available on lybrary.com for the absurdly low price of about $20. Tons of twisted, cool stuff!
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Quote:
On 2009-04-15 20:11, scissor83 wrote:
Just bought it waiting to receive it by mail. Is the gimmick red or blue? or does it vary? can you make it yourself once it gets worn out?

After close inspection of the gimmick I realized that it is something easily and inexpensively obtainable at any office supply store, or Wal-mart, etc. So yeah, you can definitely make it your self.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I just got this based on the Visions review...superb. The monte routine and revelations 3 are two I can hardly wait to work up. It's all top drawer stuff.
james1234
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of james1234
I got this a couple of months ago and I have to say all of the effects could have been produced on separate dvds, they are all amazing, the gimmick is a thing of genius and I have no idea how how thought it up, it's simple and so effective!
I recommend you buying this as it is really really good!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Whip Lash DVD (With Gimmick) by Stephen Tucker (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL