The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pocket This & Pseudo Pickpocket - Workers Corner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Here are a few thoughts regarding Gary Jones and Chris Congreave's latest DVD's, Pocket This and Pseudo Pickpocket.

I was extremely impressed by their first release, Flying Tonight: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&1

Having been so over the moon by their previous release, I had wondered if the next two would be as good. As it happens, I had no need to worry, as Pocket This and Pseudo Pickpocket are quite simply outstanding!

You won't find flashy editing and over the top studio audiences here. That's not what these DVD's are all about. The production values are admittedly basic - but when it comes to the magic - once again Gary and Chris seriously over deliver.

It's not just the the routines, but the tips and bits of business that make these DVD's incredible value. Once again you are getting practical, real-world, audience tested material. Magic that you can go out and earn a living with.

Each one of the DVD's had at least two or three routines/ideas that I will go out and use. In fact I used two of them at a gig last night. And I'll be extremely surprised if anybody doesn't get at the very least one thing from each of the DVD's.

I won't describe all of the routines as you can find descriptions of the website, but here are a few favourites:

POCKET THIS:

GJ's 6 cards to Pocket - I've been waiting for a long time for Gary to release this. It's a superb routine that can be performed close-up, parlor or even stage.

CC card to Pocket - Another great routine. Four Aces jump to various pockets, one-by-one with several surprises along the way.

GJ Pocket to Pocket - A wonderful presentation for the Ambitous Card with some very unexpected moments.

Top Con Control - I've already started using this - in fact it could easily become my control of choice.

PSEUDO PICKPOCKET:

CC Pickpocket - If all you got was the basic routine, it would be great, but as usual with these guys you get plenty of variations and ideas that can make this effect a real reputaion maker.

GJ Signed card to Box - Brilliant routine and so easy and clean.

GJ Delusion - Another routine I've started using already. I've never liked the Dunbury Delusion plot before - but this is excellent!

I could go on and on, but to sum up Flying Tonight, Pocket This and Pseudo Pickpocket are quite honestly amongst the best DVD's I've seen in a very long time.

Available from: http://www.workers-corner.co.uk and most dealers worldwide.

Iain.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Thank you Iain for your review.

Yes the filming at times is a wee bit 'iffy' Smile, but as you say, all the stuff on our latest releases are effects we are currently using to pay our way.

We wanted to keep production costs down so the final price would be $20 (£15) or less, we also wanted to cram as much as we could onto each DVD (all are over 2hrs long), if you check out the explanations you will also find many other effects and variations.

Once again Iain, thank you for your review.

Kind regards,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pocket This & Pseudo Pickpocket - Workers Corner (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL