The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Only Positive Things! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Here's a challenge. Let's fill this particular thread with nice words about fellow posters in the "FX" area of The Magic Café. No insults, no negative innuendo, just nice thoughts.

Just for fun, and give give LOTS of people a chance to say nice things, how about if we try keeping it to each of us saying something about only one person. If LOTS of people want to say something about the same person, that's fine. In other words, my post will be about one person only, but if other people also have something nice to say about him, that's fine!

Let me start by thanking my friend Steve Kline. Kline works VERY hard for our art, in terms of both performance and technical support. He also works incredibly hard to help make the Sorcerers Safari magic camp the highly successful event that it is. Big heart, big skills. He's gonna make a great dad, too!

Let the games begin!
Dan McLean Jr
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Kevin Ridgeway, of "Living Illusions", has a very good handle on the technology involved in putting on a show, and seems to place a high value on quality. He seems to have a lot of good, solid knowledge, based upon verifiable facts, and he has served up a great deal of help here at The Café.
Cheers from Toronto, Kevin!
Dan McLean Jr
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Dan, great idea you have here. A short time ago I did a little trading of a few props with Eric, aka. PapaSmurf. Eric was great to deal with. He let me know the day he sent off the package, as well as letting me know the day that my package to him arrived with no damage. Thanks Eric !
Bob.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Seems like this has stalled. This thread is totally incomplete without mentioning Dan McLean and his Magic Roadie website. Dan has stockpiled some great information on production that is useful to everyone. His knowledge is only surpassed by his willingness to share.

Kevin

P.S. With all the bickering that goes on most internet forums get in here and do something positive.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Jeff Haas has posted a TON of helpful stuff here, including detailed instruction and reference links. He seems to put real thought into alternative approaches that are reasonably priced, yet very functional.
Thanks, Jeff!
Dan McLean Jr
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Dennis Michael's locked thread (second-from-the-top in the F/X area) has a LOT of useful links. He put a great deal of time & effort into researching everything and putting together that list of links to help everyone here.
Thanks, Dennis!
Dan McLean Jr
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

G0THIKE seems to have a very good grasp on a lot of this stuff, along with a very practical approach.
Thanks, G0THIKE!
Dan McLean Jr
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
Dan,
I recently had a chance to read what you wrote to start this thread. What a nice feeling to know that someone notices ! Smile
I take what I do VERY seriously,not only in magic but with my production shows as well.
I have had a BLAST over the past several years hanging with you at camp. For those of you who do not know, Dan IS an accomplished musical entertainer. I actually have his CD on my ipod and listen to it when I fly.

Dan, thanks for making me smile and putting forth the effort to see the good in todays situations around the world. It is an honor to call you a friend !
All the best,
Steven
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Gothike has been very helpful to me and my magic career. Thank you.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

I really miss seeing silverking around here. He has a great deal of knowledge about audio, and a lot of good ideas on how to get things done. Miss you, man!
Dan McLean Jr
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
I only just discovered this thread today...kudos, Dan for your effort to civilize this forum. The nastiness really has driven me and lots of my friends away from it. Oh that all would have such insight. I hope you have wide influence on the Magic Café'.
John Tudor
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Scott R Sullivan has offered a lot of help here at The Café, both in the FX area and elsewhere. His contributions are too broad to cover, but I've particularly enjoyed his posts regarding video, and regarding Web sites.
Thanks, Scott!
Dan McLean Jr
Mike Segal
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
124 Posts

Profile of Mike Segal
Thank you, Amazing Dan!!
You are an 'amazing' guy, and I am happy to call you a friend. What a great topic.
Cheers,
Mike
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

SoCalPro has written a lot of really great things here. He seems to have a lot of valuable expreience and thoughtful ideas, and shares his thoughts without being too pushy.
Thanks, Jim!

By the way, I'm still hopeful that more people will post in this thread, mentioning even more folks that help to keep the "FX" area moving in a helpful direction.
Dan McLean Jr
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Seems to me that REGAN is a very positive influence here. He's always learnig, always sharing his ever-increasing knowledge, always helpful, and always very positive.
Thanks, Regan!
Dan McLean Jr
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow, I almost missed this. I am humbled to be mentioned among all these other names. Thank you Dan! Coming from someone like you it really is a great honor. You have taught me much of what I have learned!

There have been so many that have helped me and others. I would like to add Michael Messing to the list. He has went out of his way (and I mean far out of his way) several times to help me!

Thanks again Dan!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Regan, you deserved the honor! Also, many thanks to you for adding me to this illustrious list! I, too, am honored.

I, also, want to thank Dan for sharing his experience and knowledge and for starting this great thread.

Michael
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Michael....and you're welcome!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Guys... you're doing an amazing service to magicians and the magic community. I would have LOVED to have resources such as this when I was starting out in tech theater instead of 45 years of trial and error!

Thanks!
Ray Pierce
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Michael Messing is great to bounce ideas off of.
And what would we do without the Magic Roadie, himself.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Only Positive Things! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL