We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
No, you just say the word "Fall" or whatever you want to say with one word and the objects fall. Your hands are completely still and you can even be turned around...great trick.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Incredible:) Be great just to walk into a show causing people's silverware to fall off the table. I declare 2008-09 the year for PK!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Hey guys, I got nothin' here, I just want to keep this thread going because I'm hoping (and excited) for an update...it's been two days and I thought there was going to be an announcement or something...I might have misunderstood.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi Guys,

There was a hold up in the editing, we realized I left out some VERY important points, so there will be a short while longer before this is sent off.

On another note I am thinking of leaving mentalism for good and taking up documentary filming of rare sealife.. see here:
http://www.aetv.com/criss_angel/video/in......78142050

all the best,
Gerard
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-12-05 12:53, MagicBrent wrote:
Hey guys, I got nothin' here, I just want to keep this thread going because I'm hoping (and excited) for an update...it's been two days and I thought there was going to be an announcement or something...I might have misunderstood.

NLT Christmas predictions acoming:)

PS: I thought CA was going to walk on that pool with WhaleFreak.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hello Gents,

I wanted to throw out an apology for the delay on energy bill.

I hope you will accept my gift to hold you over.

Please do not think because this is free it is not of value, it is.

Andrew Gerard Invisible deck Routine:

This is one of two presentations that I have created for the tool we use called “ The Invisible Deck” I say a tool. Because to me, that’s what it is. If you have any of my previous work, you know I am all about having an interesting premise that by some stretch of our audience’s imagination is real. I also believe that there must be a Process to accompany this idea that captures maximum spectator involvement. The following has these dynamics built in and is very seductive in a psychological way. Spectators watching will also get a great experience and vicariously involve themselves… leaving them with a desire for you to “ try something with them.”

This is for one person male or female.

The setting: A very common one for working magicians, and mystery entertainers… a cocktail party or event here your guests are mingling, drinking a cocktail.

After introducing your self to a group single out the participant that smiled and made eye contact with you when you shook hands, you should instinctively know who that is when you approach people anyway.

Pose the question “ have you ever been hypnotized?”
“No” they respond or “yes”
In either case you remark ” Wonderful then this should be easy…don’t worry you will not be in a deep trance, just a light one where you can access your imagination better than usual ”

(People around may resend with funny remarks etc, but they definitely will now be interested in what comes next)

“ I want you hold this deck in one hand and stare into your glass of wine…. You will notice the wine swirling around in your glass…. It goes around and around more and more… in fact, the more it swirls around the more you watch it, and the more you watch it the more it swirls

(This is actually a very light form of induction. the double binding statement of, the more it swirls around the more you watch it, and the more you watch it the more it swirls)

Their Idiomotor response will also kick in and their wine will swirl around in the glass!

“ I want you to stare in the centre of the wine now, and imagine the glass getting bigger and bigger… so large in fact you will imagine your self floating in it! … have you done that?’
“Yes”
“Good, now in your imagination take the cards out of the deck and throw them up in the air!”
Did you do it?”
“Yes”
“Was it fun?”
“Yes!”
“Great you’re doing wonderful “

(This beat serves to congratulate the spectator and have a 3 second time out)

Look at all the cards floating in the pool of wine…see all the faces of them. Except one. You can see one is floating on the surface face down, can you visualize this happening?”

“Yes, I see it”

“ Good, hold your breath and dive your head under and take a peek at the face…it may be blurry, but can you make out what card it is?”

“Yes the 4 of clubs”

“Excellent… Now quickly come back to the room the glass is getting smaller you return to the party and are back to normal in every way”

The spectator has her eyes open again and will be smiling, Take a minute to ask everyone around to give her an applause….

“ As real as all of that seemed to you, in reality you know that it was all in your imagination right?”

(This statement makes is seem to everyone else that she believes everything she imagine was very real)

“ Sometimes our imaginations get the best of us… “

Remove the cards and show one face down.

You know the rest.

I really hope you perform my routine, which is now, yours.

All the best always,
Andrew Gerard
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Thanks AG! Very kind of you!

Nathan
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1595 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Thank you! That's worth $20.00! At least.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Thanks AG!

I love the wine approach, I've been doing something similiar a bit differently (oh yeah, obfuscation in action there) but, esp. as I live 30 minutes from Napa, California, the wine approach is great. Thanks again.

Lem
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Great premise AG.. I love it and will give it a try at my next event.. I especially like your introduction (have you ever been hypnotised).. what a great opening hook to immediately get their attention

Will Energy Bill be available next week??

Chris
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks for sharing AG.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 8:02pm
Please release this for 2009 AG. That way it has a head start for Best Trick of 2009! This year only a few weeks left.
ponchito
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of ponchito
Hi
What do you think of this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqxNxZzD......resh+div
ponchito
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of ponchito
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 17:28, ponchito wrote:
Hi

good one but I guess I know how this is done

for this video the post mentalskeptic wrote before in this thread woud make sense to me
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 01:55, mentalskeptic wrote:
This sounds somewhat similar to Anthony Co's Mindbender, likely arrived at independently, of course.

You can find video of it at http://www.ellusionist.com/product/trick......+bend.do although I know mentalists on this forum wouldnt be caught dead playing around with ellusionist stuff Smile (Um, right.)

probably the guy in the video is doing just that. using money rather than a playng card
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
UGH! Those clips were very difficult [and unimpressive] to watch,and I would bet they are far removed from Andrew Gerard's effect.

Rich
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 17:52, RicHeka wrote:
UGH! Those clips were very difficult [and unimpressive] to watch,and I would bet they are far removed from Andrew Gerard's effect.

Rich

who know without havin seen an actual video from gerard ??

up to now we all heard words but nothing else: hope gerard effect is different and a vid coming soon
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi Gents,

Thanks for all the kind emails about the ID routine, I am very happy you guys are using it... to me that's the best compliment.

The dvd was shot and is being finished edited by the same guy that just finished Paul Harris collection, so they have been slammed for sure. As soon as this is sent to the replicators it will be out.

I do not want to give a date or make a promise that I can't keep.... so thanks for the interest, and all the support.

best,
AG
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 17:33, PsiDroid wrote:
Quote:
Hi

for this video the post mentalskeptic wrote before in this thread woud make sense to me
Quote:
This sounds somewhat similar to Anthony Co's Mindbender, likely arrived at independently, of course.

You can find video of it at http://www.ellusionist.com/product/trick......+bend.do although I know mentalists on this forum wouldnt be caught dead playing around with ellusionist stuff Smile (Um, right.)

probably the guy in the video is doing just that. using money rather than a playng card

Both of these are hands on and like most said, not impressive. At least not on the video.

AG, perhaps just a homemade teaser video will show how awesome this is?

Best,

Candin
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2008-12-10 21:39, Candin wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 17:33, PsiDroid wrote:
Quote:
Hi

Quote:

Both of these are hands on and like most said, not impressive. At least not on the video.

AG, perhaps just a homemade teaser video will show how awesome this is?

Best,

Candin

I disagree one of the vids is good to me.

yes we all know [i think] the guy is using some spit: pardon. some "moisture" to get the bill to bend

if gerard effect vid is different id be pleasantly surprised . but I don't think it will be other than "moisture" to be clear with you. my thoughts: could be wrong or right
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
I am very much looking forward to this effect, and thanks for the kind words about Power Word: Fall and Mage Touch.

Someone asked the difference between AG's energy bill and Mage touch. Mage touch is a powerful device that comes in a deck of playing cards and can be put anywhere it fits. It is silent, and is triggered remotely to move things in a spectator's hand or elsewhere. It is gimmick based.

Energy Bill, in my understanding, is an impromptu PK marvel where you make a dollar bill move with NO gimmicks. I wonder if it could be done in a spectator's hand? That would be GREAT! Anyway, I can't wait for this to come out. As you can probably tell, PK mentalism is my favorite arena of magic. This looks to be a promising addition to the field. Smile -Matt Sconce
Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift" Shoot me a PM to order.
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=82obXYQe0OI

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.54 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL