We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..20~21~22 [Next]
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 20:37, PsiDroid wrote:
Rickheka I do care for a method and don't believe people who say do not since they are almost always the first to complain if the method is not something they like

Respectfully,any possible method aside....did you ever consider the fact that the creator of an effect has the experience with the effect and the subtleties necessary to elevate the piece to special status?

That is why a simple guess at a method is not important to me.It is the meat on the bones that make any effect a worker....and then where I personally take it that is vital.

Rich
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good take Rich.

Thanks again AG......the hoard is waiting.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Wait a minute folks: just because I said that to me the method is obvious by now doesn’t mean I'm bashing your “hero”
respectfully let me say that Ive bought most of mr.gerard stuff since he first got into the market
ice of water [wonderful concept] key accessory routine accuracy: and I could go on
the discussion stemmed from other people submitting vids from youtube and Id bet some good money they all use some kind of moisture as a principle to make bill fold up: mr.gerard posted his vid and I tried with same old moisture method and simply worked fine for me .thats it plain truth and nothing else
does that mean this is bad product. not for any layman but to me it was obvious. if you don’t use thread magnets any gimmick and you can do it naked just by exclusion I was left with spit
will I buy this anyway ?? yes in the hope mr.gerard has included some subtleties to enhance the effect: and he should have if we have to credit thevid in which hetellus he came up with that eight years ago
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 20:50, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 20:41, A.G. wrote:
If you want the REAL work on MY effect, please BUY the dvd in a week.

If you want to guess and fish at methods that's your buisness... have fun.

I know the vast majority here have morals and obviously support my work, to those, thank you.

AG

Andrew, probably be 3 weeks for me, I have to get through the holidays. Smile

Tony

Tony,do you need a bailout? Smile
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
Rickheka I do care for a method and don't believe people who say do not since they are almost always the first to complain if the method is not something they like

I don't appreciate being called a liar. The only people who care about methods are the people who don't actually perform. Method analysis has its place, but here it not it.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
[quote]On 2008-12-12 21:36, Lemniscate wrote:
Quote:
I don't appreciate being called a liar. The only people who care about methods are the people who don't actually perform. Method analysis has its place, but here it not it.

Not going into Gerard's effect.

But I consider myself someone who performs (!) and I have to disagree with you here.

One thing is to put emphasis on performance, on script, on blocking and staging, etc. (And those things are essentials in my agenda).

But one other thing is the method. And I tend to agree with PsiDroid to some extent, even if only for the fact that if method sucks or with no method (even if only a bold one) the magic won't work.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 21:36, Lemniscate wrote:
Quote:

When did he call you a liar???
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I've always enjoyed most of Gerard's product. And this one sounds too good to be true!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I liked the demo very much.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2358 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'm getting more and more excited about this one...especially since it's a DVD. I was afraid it wouldn't be affordable for me.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Me too Brent. Visible DVDs always a help for me to learn new effects. I am glad he was enticed to release it.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5718 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
You may like to check out the following videos:

PK Bill - Effect-1

PK Bill - Effect-2

Hope you like the effect(s)! Smile

Enjoy!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
It looks fsntastic!

Thank you Ustaad.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
I just saw the product clip and think this is fantastic (as well). Thanks for releasing this, A.G. I have never been disappointed with a Andrew Gerard Effect.

With regards,

Sean
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Ustaad I vote your vids THE BEST ONES
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On 2008-12-14 09:04, Ustaad wrote:
You may like to check out the following videos: [...]

Are these Gerard's effects?
What would a real mindreader do?
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Ustaad:Those two demonstrations look extremely magical and amazing...well done.

Rich
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
That's great Ustaad !
I love the sped up footage ! this is like a tv trick someone would use !

I am suprised at the amount of emails and messages of support I have recieved BEFORE this effect has been released.
Likewise I am shocked at how some think its OK to announce, guess and suppose to method(s) of someone elses UNRELEASED EFFECTS! why is this ok?

when you get the dvd you will be suprised at what actually makes this work !

happy holidays,
AG
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I, for one, am patiently waiting...

Nathan Sparks
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1234 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
<<I am suprised at the amount of emails and messages of support I have recieved BEFORE this effect has been released.
Likewise I am shocked at how some think its OK to announce, guess and suppose to method(s) of someone elses UNRELEASED EFFECTS! why is this ok? >>

Sorry? Why would you be pleased with one but not the other? Why is one acceptable, and the other not? The reason people are guessing at the supposed method is because of simple human curiosity... you don't offer 7 pages of hype - sorry, pre-release banter - and expect them NOT to talk about it, any more than you would give a kid a wrapped present, tell him not to open it, then demonstrate surprise when he shakes it and fondles it in an attempt to work out what it is. Good grief!

Look, I usually only offer positive posts, but this one really asked for it. May I suggest you spend more time actually working towards releasing it rather than telling us all how fantastic it is, raising the expectation then complaining when people discuss it.

Drew
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL