The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Forty bucks seemed like a lot, then someone mentioned you're set with this thing for life. Any borrowed bill, anywhere, anytime. Perfect for when someone wants to see a trick.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Cant believe they thought this would be a good idea! The 2002 comment on the ad made me lol.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I find the warning on the side of the ad page, "Imitators Beware" rather amusing, considering the source...

I do not question that Ustaad figured out his method of doing this effect, but I do recognize that it was not ever mentioned until after Andrew posted his video. It is part of this thread.

What angers me is the actions of David Mann, knowing that Andrew was releasing this, and stating he would not release his version until after he looked at Andrew’s DVD to verify the methods were/were not the same, he released his product (the day after he stated he would not release it).

If the Mann lies about his own actions, how can one take the Mann’s word on anything? And why would anyone trust such a person with their money?

Tony Iacoviello
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I don't trust Dave Mann or Precision Magic near as far as I can throw their crappy rip-off's across the room.

He has a history of stealing, lying and tearing ad copy. Everyone remember the Don Theo 'Teardrop' ordeal? Thought so.

If it were up to me that guy would be removed. He poses a real danger to the craft and to legitimate creators such as Andrew, Don Theo, Matthew Mellow and tons of others.

Look at his track record and then decide for yourself. For me, this is no type of person I want to associate with or buy products from and I can't (won't/don't) even recognize him or his employee's as magicians.

He should be ashamed (but won't be, he only wants to lie, steal and make a buck in the process) and banned immediately - my opinion.

-Jerome Finley

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 12:27am
Ustaad is in the wrong, plain and simple. Where I once considered him a gentlemen I have to withdraw that opinion knowing he would deal with Precision Magic and rush to market a knock-off effect (the ad copy is also practically the same, no blowing, no static, no IT, etc), undercutting a respected member of our community and doing all this knowing Gerard's ORIGINAL ENERGY BILL was set to appear within a matter of weeks.

It shows no class, ethic, business sense, moral accountability, integrity, self control or respect for the art.

SHAME ON YOU BOTH!

I learned 'Energy Bill' from Andrew in person and was impressed with all the work and subtleties that went in to it. You're not going to get these with anything but the ORIGINAL.

Support Gerard and honest creators. Perform 'Energy Bill!'

I do.

-JF
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Great words from a great man.

Thanks guys,

Its good to be amongst friends.

AG
Well then...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Andrew, we're all behind you!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
No contest. I've ordered AG's '"Energy Bill".
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Gerard is just a great thinker - one of the top guys out there. Those who have tried his effects like Psyche will know exactly what I mean. Wait until you see his various contributions to True Astonishments.

With Energy Bill you will get way way more than the method. Gerard really understands how to make magic REAL to people and he imparts that. He gets that from experience and deep thinking not from just figuring out a method of someone else's work.

Tim
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
When this topic commenced I did not know what the exact effect was, barring those who had seen or already knew about the effect. The exact nature of the effect was only known once Gerard put up the demo video.

I usually post my comment(s) (good or not so good) for such effects. But in this case, you would have noticed that I have not commented on Gerard's effect. The reason being, I have already come up with a similar looking effect a long time ago. I could have easily said that this has already been achieved but refrained form doing so.

As for the PM communication with Gerard, I did not initiate a dialogue with Gerard. In fact Gerard sent me a worried PM. Unlike Gerard, I will refrain from putting up our private communications here, at least for now. Gerard asked me whether I came up with this effect after viewing the demo video and my answer was a simple 'No'.

Form Gerard’s PM it was quite evident that Gerard himself couldn't believe that such an effect was possible to create stating that the video looked edited and was fast forwarded. He also made a similar comment on my videos here in this very thread. This clearly proves that Gerard even after putting in almost 8 years into the effect could not achieve what I had. Gerard’s demo video says it all.

I put up my version of the effect to show that the effect goes much beyond ones imagination. The two videos you saw were the simplest of all the effects that can be done with my method. There are three more complex effects that I have kept to myself. A demo video of the three complex effects will hopefully follow. I can assure you that one can not come up with such effects in a day by simply watching someone’s demo video. Such effects take time to conceive & perfect. Till date I have no idea as to Gerard's method. Nether have I asked Gerard nor has he told me. Also I put together a PDF in a couple of hours explaining my method in detail and forwarded to my close friends. By going thru the PDF one can tell that such a PDF can only be written if somebody has done a thorough research on the subject and to do such research it takes time, lot of time and I am sure Gerard will agree with me on this.

So far the similarity of the effect has only been seen but no one knows whether the two methodologies are also the same or not.

As for the commercial aspect of the effect, I did tell Gerard that I have no commercial interest in the effect. Many people asked me thru e-mail & PM whether I will be selling my effect and my answer was a clear No. I like to share what I create and not to commercialize. In this case when I referred the link to Mr. David Mann, he wanted to commercialize the effect since, in his opinion, the effect had great potential and he asked me the financial aspects. I told him I was not interested in any financial gains and that the effect was his for free. I also apprised Mr. Mann the limitations of this effect. I will deal with the limitations in a subsequent Para. From here on over to Mr. Mann . . .

On to the limitations of my effect - major limitations in point form only:-

1. It is fully dependent on the surrounding atmospheric conditions.

2. It is dependent on the physical condition of the bill being used.

3. You need to be careful, very careful with that little something that makes magic happens. No matter how good the condition of the bill may be, one should not make use of a bill that has been in circulation. If you have to use my method please ensure that the bills you use are absolutely in mint condition. If you happen to use in circulation bills, the chances of getting some kind of disease is very high. I would also say that you can't be sure with fresh bills from the mint as well. Please take this as a STRONG WARNING from somebody who really knows what the effect is.

The idea was conceived in 1998 and here is the extract from our magic club newsletter of 17 Sep 98. Though the news item is of just 3 lines but it convey the gist.

“Narendra has done it once again! This time, Narendra demonstrated a self folding paper effect using moisture. Members were floored to see this amazing effect. Narendra continues to teach us how to think and make use of simple known science principles and convert them into mind blowing magic.”

For those it may matter.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
What a valient thing to let a company release an effect you "created years ago" for free. But not only does it seem to be a blatent ripoff but there are restrictions...so really it's not any borrowed bill because who carries around completely crisp bills in the perfect humidity?
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Urgh..this is so pathetic that the method is revealed multiple times in this thread. as a creator I feel the pinch. And some of you wonder why demo video's are edited.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Not to mention the fact that the website says 2002...and he stated 1998. I believe that both these guys created their own versions...across the seas from each other.

The problem is Mr. Mann...as soon as AG's video went up, shortly thereafter Ustaad's went up...and Dave got the thirst...

The only respectable thing to do is give Ustaad his creation back & let it rest with the few that he shared it with...

This situation is like this...Let's say a famous magician has a tv special, puts a commercial on tv...another guy sees the commercial, takes all his money and buys the exact same illusions & then tapes his own show with the same stuff and puts it on a competing network...

Someone is going to look foolish...guess who?

Nathan
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On 2008-12-19 16:28, A.G. wrote:
Hi This is an Important announcement for those that are Pre Ordering Energy Bill
from me....
Included with the first 100 signed copies I am including an extremely valuable bonus manuscript of one of the most powerful effect I have created.

For those that receive it, I don't have to tell you to keep it for yourself I know you will... its that good.

*I have gained amazing press from this one effect.
*I have performed this with someone half way around the world (a Russion reserch scientist on a government ship)
* You will not believe how impossible this effect is when you read it
* You will not believe how strong this effect is until you try it.

This effect will be released, in 2009, in limited quantity. There will be no description or demo of this effect.

I am doing this to let you know I genuinely appreciate your support.

Andrew, what wonderful news! I can just say THANKS. Smile
What would a real mindreader do?
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi gang,

Thank you to everyone above for all your amazing support, I slept well last night .

Tim Trono has seen allot of magic.. good and Bad... his coming on here to say what he did means allot to me, as this is his buisness I am glad too see him take a stand against creeps like this. Thanks Tim.

Just a note I forgot to mention...
You can perform Energy bill with any borrowed bill.... your spectator can just hand you any bill from their wallet !
that's RIGHT! They do not need to get it directly from a mint and handle it carefully until they lend it to you !

OH ALSO.. NO risk of getting sick!

that's right.. no worries at all in ANY kind of way.

No wondering that after you perform it your going to die...

You also do not have to worry about "atmospheric pressure" !

You can perform Energy Bill at a table in a restaurant, or a bar, or even on the roof of your car while your parked outside a- " rent by the hour atmospheric pressure chamber" that is being rented by magicians performing the knock off !

forgot to mention that,

again please email me at Andrewsmagic@telus.net to purchase on of the remaining 100 signed copies along with a free advance copy of "X" manuscript.

For those interested in only buying "X" it will be available mid January

Happy Holidays,

Andrew Gerard

This Knock off video HAS BEEN EDITED !!!!!!!!!!! If you watch it you can see the bill blurr and come back the serial numbers jump this is a transition that speeds up what really happend.....Trust me.

To see the REAL Demo of Energy Bill click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9InHYU0l8
Well then...
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
AG,

RE: your PS...I'm with ya buddy.

Nathan

PS you changed your comment...darnit....well, I agree with the part after your name.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Although I consider David Mann's practices scum-ladden, I have never thought that way of Ustaad. Mann has a long history of evil plundering and lying deeds it appears.

Ustaad, not so.

I believe Ustaad likely did create a similar method and again, this really I all due to David Mann's usual shtick. Ustaad has shared for free and with many in the community his ideas of magic and mystery.... so, lets just say Ustaad merely got a taste of dealing with Mann.

Ustaad - deal with TIm Trono from now on Smile!!! Or others who have demo'd time and time again their integrety (oh yeah - remember Tim's recent release and Mann tried to claim he invented something similar too with his key chain effect...man, think of almost any good effect and Mann will have a knockoff)...

Go AG go!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
We, as mystery performers, talk of invisible compromise...does hepatitis count?

Nathan
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Great Googamooga! I just watched A.G. demo of Energy Bill. Now I'm really looking forward to this.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On 2008-12-20 11:03, A.G. wrote:

This Knock off video HAS BEEN EDITED !!!!!!!!!!! If you watch it you can see the bill blurr and come back the serial numbers jump this is a transition that speeds up what really happend.....Trust me.

It was very obvious to me, after working with the ORIGINAL 'Energy Bill', that the demo video for the knock off WAS edited.

The speed, movements and tell-tell blur were all things I noticed.

Ustaad,
Why release an effect mirroring Gerard's for FREE (?), much less to a person like Dave Mann? Gerard's method or not, you continue to hurt magic (both his and yours) by posting methods in an open thread and forum. You seem to think this is okay. (???)

Your actions have hurt another creator and undermined his best efforts. Commercial interest or not, it became a commercial interest when you gave Mann the permission to use your effect.

Bruce,
I remember the Precision Magic rip-off attempt for 'Branded' as well. The track record for this company and the owners atrocious behavior/business 'ethic' (or lack thereof) is well known and documented. I could write a 150+ page essay citing all his transgressions and blatant attempts to steal, lie and manipulate others. That Ustaad would deal with such a person speaks volumes.

-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
AG,

I've sent my money for the pre-order of 'Energy Bill'

Is the 'X' manuscript shipping with the DVD or is it being sent via email as a PDF?

Happy holidays,
Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL