The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..20~21~22 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Personally, I don't think people have asked the same question over and over again enough...maybe a few more times eh...

this sounds great...i look forward to the release...

just one question greg!

*joke*
I've asked to be banned
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Greg.....BTW: Im batting 100 percent with your PK pen with any pen.

When PK speaks, Im all ears. Smile
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I want it. I want it now. Greg Arce says it's good. Enough for me. This kind of impromptu work is hard to come by.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6470 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-11-18 17:42, Candin wrote:

Dude, you're doing better than me. I think I'm about 90% on it.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-11-18 19:22, Greg Arce wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-18 17:42, Candin wrote:

Dude, you're doing better than me. I think I'm about 90% on it.

Greg

You probably have done it more then me Greg. I like it because its impromptu and I can supplement my other "pen" PK work with it using gimmicks. I am using it like a hypno/suggestion type effect. When I first read it, I thought it was so simple (and it is) and then the hard part kicked in. Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6470 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Happy to hear the work you've put into it, Candin. Now you'll be able to add to this set with Gerard's effect.

Greg
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Greg, really looking forward to hearing from AG when he gets back.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
No demo yet ??
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6470 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 22:07, PsiDroid wrote:
No demo yet ??

He's a bit busy now so give him about a week.

Greg
mentalskeptic
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, CA
147 Posts

Profile of mentalskeptic
This sounds somewhat similar to Anthony Co's Mindbender, likely arrived at independently, of course.

You can find video of it at http://www.ellusionist.com/product/trick......+bend.do although I know mentalists on this forum wouldnt be caught dead playing around with ellusionist stuff Smile (Um, right.)
"Few have the courage of their convictions; fewer still, the courage for an attack on their convictions." — Nietzsche
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 01:55, mentalskeptic wrote:
This sounds somewhat similar to Anthony Co's Mindbender, likely arrived at independently, of course.

You can find video of it at http://www.ellusionist.com/product/trick......+bend.do although I know mentalists on this forum wouldnt be caught dead playing around with ellusionist stuff Smile (Um, right.)

may I suggest you that if you know the method for anthony cos "mindbender" you try it YOURSELF with some paper money: if it work YOU probably GOT IT

and if it doesn't work you come here and TELL US DOES NOT

ONLY then we know you were NOT just trying to ADVERTISE another product using mr.Arce and Gerard thread as a spin
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
So, I've been playing with this for the past two days and its great. Gonna use it tonight in the restaurant gig...I'll let everyone know how it plays with real people.

As for this being similar to Mindbender...they are completely different. With this effect the bill can actually be seen moving and doesn't take 2 minutes to finally see the end result. You also don't need to be touching it for the bill to move. It's placed onto the table and you see it move around. Plus, the subtleties that Gerard was explaining to me on the phone were great. This seriously looks and even FEELS like the real thing when you perform it.

Matthew Mello
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6470 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Matthew, don't bother. Soon we will be seeing, "But can I do this with my pants. I always wanted to put my pants on a table and make them move. If this can't do that then it's not worth it." or "So, I don't need to touch the bill at all? I can be in another state, fast asleep, and anyone on the planet pulls out their bill and it starts to move? If this is not real magic you are selling then I'm not buying it because I don't want to buy anymore tricks." Smile

Greg
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
So when you say "So, I've been playing with this for the past two days and its great."

Does this mean it is available to everyone yet.. or still limited edition release?

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
brainman
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of brainman
Has the bill to be folded?
T
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Im sure this one will be great.

I use all of Andrew Gerards other effects all the time, they are EXTREAMLY practical in the real world, I'm sure this one will be aswell.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Can this be performed while I am suspended in a strait jacket over Niagra Falls at high noon on a Friday?
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Can this be used to retrieve money stolen by Somali pirates?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I would like to clear up a possible misunderstanding. I was not implying that the clip offered was the effect in question.

It was simply a clip from a person of interest to me.
The guy is requesting some assistance.

He is presenting the effect as real and I really have not a clue as to if it is or not. (If it is not I don’t want to waste my time).

If Gerard’s new effect is similar in effect I wanted to know so that I might have a starting point in verifying the guys claim.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

I am sure that considering the quality of Gerard’s previous offerings this will be of the same order.

Once again sorry for any misunderstandings.

Jim

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Thanks, Jim, for the clarification. I'll admit I was one of the confused (yet I kept my mouth shut about it, will wonders never cease?!).

Look, as for the effect, if I can't do it over the phone, for somebody on Mars, without any set-up at all, then it isn't real "magic"/"pk"/"mentalism"/"whatever".

However, and I am in the minority based on the threads in the reviews section at the Café, I don't believe in "real" magic. There are always trade-offs and to imagine there is anything that doesn't have one is foolish.

With the exception of Accuracy, which I am sure is just an issue that needs to be corrected on my end (got some recommendations), Gerard has been better than many others in describing his effects, even if it might cost him purchases. I respect that, respect his body of work, and like to break dance when drunk.

Lem the breakdancing fool
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL