We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
A short review:

Gerard's DVD is refreshingly short and to the point (about 30 minutes in length for all the segments).

You will laugh out loud when you see how devilishly simple his thinking is and what a killer effect this will be in the right hands. Unfortunately, I can also see this being abused by those who don't take the time to study Gerard's presentation refinements and suggestions. As an analogy, think of how badly you've seen the Haunted Key butchered by inept performances and, yet, in skillful hands the same effect is a true miracle.

For those of you who think you've figured out the method from the previous posts, IMHO Gerard's handling, method, and development nuances are worth the price of the DVD, alone. Gerard's method takes this out of the "puzzle/curiosity" class and into a class all by itself. Pros will be using this and I doubt they have figured the complete methodology out, themselves.

The most amazing thing about this effect is how nearly self-working it happens to be. Gerard wanted an effect that allowed himself, as the performer, to suspend his own disbelief and put his full faith into the presentation. He has more than done that! You will, too, once you perform this they way Gerard suggests.

I don't think any more can be said without giving anything away. What you saw on the teaser trailer is what you get! This looks like the real thing (even to you).

This is one of those of effects that I was just thrilled with from the moment I watched the DVD. I can't give it higher ratings.

Enjoy. - Scott
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Thanks! Now, I'm watching the mailbox for sure.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Does it need to be 100% paper bills? The bills in my country are paper but they have something more in them to make them last longer.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
I pm'ed you.

AG
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Hmmm. Not seeing any new posts. I take it the mailman was unkind. Mine too but I expected that. I received a number of packages today that I've been expecting for quite some time. I suspect the mail delivery at least in the US will remain spotty for awhile longer. I noticed long lines at the post office. Sigh.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
266 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Well today my mailman showed me Energy bill. I asked him where learned it. He said from here then proceeded to give me my open package. Just kidding I felt like being a smart ass.

Jeremy
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Yep, no luck here, either...

Nathan
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-12-29 21:48, Krazyjay wrote:
Well today my mailman showed me Energy bill. I asked him where learned it. He said from here then proceeded to give me my open package. Just kidding I felt like being a smart ass.

Jeremy

I did not see the mailman today, nor did I receive a package. But all the bills that arrived were folded...
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
All my bills flew away. My $5 bills, my $10s, my $20s. . . Get it? Bills? Huh? Huh?
OK. I'll be quiet.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I revived mine today. I think I know why:

1) I'm a giant Gerard fan.
2) Gerard is Canadian
3) My Grandparents were Canadian
4) I believe in real magic

OK, enough of that.

The DVD did in fact arrive. There is a performance, a detailed explanation with performance tips and he talks about how he came about creating it.

The principle is simple, but the gold is in having a professional performer of Gerard's caliber sharing performance tips and his thinking.

This is done with a BORROWED bill. A.G. shows ho to get into it and how to SELL it.

GET THIS!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
The DVD arrived yesterday. I was practicing immediately, I had to see this in action myself. By the time my wife made it home through HORRIFIC traffic in San Francisco, I had the basics (JUST the basics, there's lots in this DVD).

I tried a modification I had been thinking about and my wife said it looked great (which is rare praise after all she's seen, most pros don't get it and I VERY rarely do).

Great job, you guys will love this. Once I get my routine down to do it out of the house, I'll toss up a review.

Lem
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
934 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Mine came yesterday as well. Gave it a quick watch last night after work and it looks good. Well explained with lots of tips.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Jealous? Yes....I am...today! Fingers crossed!

Nathan
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
How are you guys getting this delivered? USPS, or what?

Can't wait to receive,

Paul h.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
USPS.

Your patience will be well rewarded...trust me...you'll see.

Rich
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Sigh. Zip again.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Sigh...It arrived!! Yeah baby!!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Wow, mine just came. I haven't been able to play with it yet as my kids are needing Daddy time, but let me just say that this is a thing of beauty!!!! It looks like real magic! Definitely a must-buy of 2008. Thanks A.G.!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
GD

Nathan
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi Lads,
Thanks for those great responses. If you know me at all you know I always try to over deliver....This is a rare gem of an effect that can never be "busted" if you know what I mean... I am so glad you guys are enjoying Energy Bill.

best AG
PS
I have something coming that is by far the best thing to date...... hmmmmmmm.

Andrew Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New PK Effect from Gerard is Coming! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL