The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bell, Book and Candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
I want to use the Max Mavin routine "Toll, Tome, and Tallow" as an opening to to a routine (Peter Marucci has a very good variation "Bell, Book and Candle"). While it is a good piece of theatre, I would like to use it to lead into a larger routine; using the props presented. Ergo: I am looking for routines, bits, or effects using a bell, or a book, or a candle.

I want to use each of the props for an individual effect or segment to the routine.

The bell, book and candle are each rather small, so that each can fit into it's own small casket; and so the routine would need to be able to use small props.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Maynooth Smile
The race is long and in the end it is only with one's self.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I myself like Peter's effect; it does not get any simpler than that! As you said, a nice bit of theater. As bad luck would have it, I do not have handy Max's tape with "Toll, Tome, and Tallow". I do not remember it all that well. Anyway, what you said you were looking for was:

I want to use each of the props for an individual effect, or segment to the routine.

The bell, book and candle are each rather small, so that each can fit into it's own small casket; and so the routine would need to be able to use small props.

There is a nice story line to introduce all those items in "Arcana of Bizarre Magick" by Jim Magus, on page 131. It's titled "Belle, Book and Candle".

On a different note, Eugene Burger's "Spirit Magic" has a nice spirit candle in the bottle rountine, as (I'm assuming) this will be a close up effect.

The bell, a spirit bell rountine would work nicely.

The book becomes a bit more difficult. If you want to do something other than a book test, I would suggect checking out Bob Cassidy's "Theories and Methods for the Practical Psychic" Part One. See "The Moleskine Divination". With a bit of thought; one could use this routine for the book. I have heard some complaints about using dice to randomly select the numbers, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Hope that helps you.

Kevin Smile
Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
Thanks very much for those sources. I'll try to get a hold of the Jim Magus book.

I'll also check with Eugene Burger as he is coming to Perth Australia for the June convention.

cheers
Maynooth
The race is long and in the end it is only with one's self.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bell, Book and Candle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL