The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Austrailian Plastic bills (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
I demo in a magic shop in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Yesterday I asked for a bill for the floating dollar. A gentleman handed me an Austrailian bill and asked if I could use it as he was from Austrailia and these new bills came out. I said sure and when I went to fold it, it would not stay folded!! The bills are beautiful as part of them are clear and you can see right through them. He had them in 3 denomations, can't remember what they were. They cannot be torn and will probably last forever. There has to be some magical use for them. After he left I realized that I should have bought one of the bills from him! Has anyone else run across them?

Merl
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
I have seen them before! Oh, that is considering I live in Australia. Smile

Pros of our plastic bills- hard wearing and getting them wet is not a problem. Think bill in lemon.

Cons- although possible, folding them for bill switches is a hassle.

I am surprised our humble land is further advanced in the technology when it comes to money notes!
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
australia
187 Posts

Profile of liampower
Their geeat for every day use, I put them in my board shorts pockets when I go for a surf and their fine, the amount of times I have put a $50 through the wash and its fine. as you mentioned they don't tear and you cant burn them, they just shrivel up like a chip packet.

I havent found any specific magic uses unique to plastic bills, although I'm shure someone has somewhere. you can do most effects except of corse torn corner ones and they are also different sizes. I would love to hear of anyone with unique effects with plastic bills
homegrown
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of homegrown
Seems like more and more places have these plastic bills- I saw a few when I was in Hong Kong, but I guess Canada & US are still waiting. I think US should adopt some more colour in their bills first too- they all look the same. You should come and check out our funny coloured money north of your border eh?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Austrailian Plastic bills (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL