The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Secrets Revealed / Masked Magician contact info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnsterlini
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of johnsterlini
I didn't catch it, but a friend told me my Disembodied illusion was on the Secrets Revealed show last night (November 17). It was sold through Magic Auction, which has supplied most of the props for the program.

The winning bidder was. . . . .(drum roll please)
Eddie Paul of El Segundo.

If you would like to send a card congratulating of his television success, here is his address:
ATTN: Eddie Paul
EP Industries
2305 Utah Avenue
El Segundo, CA 90245
http://www.epindustries.com/
Telephone: 310-643-8515
Fax: 310-643-8520

Prior to me shipping the prop I was trying to get some sort of reassurance from Magic Auction that my prop would not end up on the Secrets Revealed program. I noticed numerous props were being bought up and showing up on a promo video for the show, I didn't want my Disembodied to be one of them. I asked if it was being sold to the same group or individual that had bought the Dekolta Chair, Twister, Assistants Revenge, etc and was assured it was not. Cool. Found out money talks and it was BS.

I spoke to Eddie shortly after it arrived and was quite surprised how little he knew about the workings. For example, he asked where the "gimmick" was! Told him it wouldn't do him much good unless he looked like me. Someone doesn't spend $4,000 on an illusion and not really know what to do with it. But hey, some kids do have rich parents.

So, if anyone is looking for a beautifully built Disembodied, there will be one posted on Magic Auction within the next few weeks.

On a side note:
Val, you're a ***. Remember money is not everything and it is temporary. So is life. . . . .
Start believing in Karma
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Can't trust anybody these days, yo.

Good luck -
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Unbelievable
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
184 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
Hey John awesome post can't believe some people!
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
Humm, I understand your frustrations, but didn't you know who you were shipping it to before shipping? A little research shows he works in the movie/tv industry and that right there would have stopped the sale for me!
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Pardon my lack of knowledge here, but who is the jerk wearing the mask? Is it Eddie or val or someone else?
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
'Disembodied' is one of my favorites. I have fond memories of seeing the illusion for the first time on Copperfield's Wall of China special. I can't hear 'In The Air Tonight' by Phil Collins without thinking of that illusion.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 00:06, jskalon wrote:
Pardon my lack of knowledge here, but who is the jerk wearing the mask? Is it Eddie or val or someone else?

Someone else, but I ain't tellin...
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
The producers mentioned that they had hired a dancer to play the part of the masked magician this time around.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Too bad the masked magi is not as secretive as you Big Daddy : )
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I am getting the VooDoo Doll right now!!!
Anyone got some hair or nail clippings? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Who can stop this kind of buiss?
After that what we gona have, what we gona make after spend a lot of money to learn to get the rights, and living doing magic? Why the people have the rights do not Stop this? After this programs,what happen if a magician, get a rip off of any illusion with rights?

Paulo
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Paulo raises some good points. Not sure I understand them clearly, but I certainly understand and agree with his sentiments!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Gaddy, this it was to be a big thread, but, I make a short. Today is in my country the 4 edition of the mask magician, If I get a rip off illusion I can get problems with the rights, and this mask, his have right to exposure or exhibit all the secret!

PAULO
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Is the 3ºedition, the next week is the 4º!

Paulo
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Just saw it again tonight, that is the closer Roy Shank used in Vegas act. Pretty sad. I remember being called to be on one of those shows.

Pretty boring IMO. Glad its opposite Monday night football as well as a bunch of other rated shows.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Secrets Revealed / Masked Magician contact info (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL