The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » golf magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
Anyone know of magic that can be done with golf balls, tees, etc. on the golf course?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Generally when I'm out on the "Links" I can make at least 1/2 dozen golf balls disappear!

(7 Handicap - Sandbag? Me???)
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
Sorry bg, I know this does not help, but I couldn't help but laugh at Stanyon's post. I am also to prestidigitate golf balls into thin air as well!

In a more serious vein, perhaps a broken and restored tee, multiplying golf ball, torn and restored score card, pencil through score card, etc. Hope your buddies are up to magic on the links... Mine are usually too busy helping me look for my "disappearing" balls!

Gandolf, (20 handicap!)
magicmel
View Profile
New user
salt lake city, ut
14 Posts

Profile of magicmel
I always carry a deck of cards and some rubber bands in my bag for those long waits on the par 3's. I always have my $2 bill in my wallet and a couple extra cards to do card warp. Usually the only time I do magic on the golf course is in the clubhouse before or after the round.

Magicmel, (6 handicap)
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
I'm a little hesitant to vanish balls as my buddies will always be thinking I'm cheating!
Magicmel a 6 handicap? Impessive!
Thanks for the replys.
Brian - 18 handicap
cheeto4567
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cheeto4567
Two in the hand, one in the pocket with the balls.
Stick the tee through your face. Sorry that sounded rude. hahah Smile You could maybe do a tee through your cheek or tongue, if you pre-cut one.
Do a golf club suspension ( like the broomstick one) hmmm Good luck with that! hahah
If all else fails, just buy an exploding golf ball and ride a cart home so your friends don't hurt you.
Smile
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-04-23 08:31, bg wrote:
Anyone know of magic that can be done with golf balls, tees, etc. on the golf course?

How about a story about "Two in the rough, one on the fairway; two in the rough, one on the fairway; two in the rough, one on the green"--and that was on a par 3 hole."

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Danny Archer has a great mentalism effect using the golf score card. It's in his Working Alone notes.
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
What about a miser's dream with a ball and a bucket while practicing at the driving range?

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
Hey,
What about a multiplying golf ball routine? Smile Or (as a gag), you could get those golf balls from the novelty shops, that explode in a puff of smoke when you hit them. They look quite cool, just a thought. Smile
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
If you're performing at the 19th hole or someone just wants a business card "Just in Case" is perfect. Produce a golf ball before handing out your card.
I will have the case loaded with a Pro V1 and ask the golfer what is their favorite ball? 8/10 times they'll say the Pro V1. At this point, you have not only produced a golf ball from a flat case but a golf of their choice.

If they respond with a different brand, then you merely state you prefer the Pro V1 as you pull the golf ball out of the case. Then proceed to hand out a business card. (Handicap(5)- Then someone finally told me I can't take a mulligan on every hole)

To add to my above post-
Perfect Pen thru score card.
Ash Pen- Everyone's score ends up on your arm.
These, I must emphasize, are for the 19th hole and never on the course.
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Do Malini's (proper attribution?) suspended cane effect, but with a golf club. Use a club where the center of gravity is way off center.

0pus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » golf magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL