The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bread Crumb Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Hey Guys! I saw the bread crumb routine performed by (sorry, Forget his name lol) on time to be awesome. DOes anyone know wher I can find the bread crumb balls? I would be really interested in learning this.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
That would probably be Rene Lavand.

You can use real bread, rolled into litle balls, but I think most people use bread colored (off white) clay. If I recall, part of the routine requires you to "stick" one of the balls somewhere for retrieval later, thus the need for something sticky.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Are you referring to the routine with a teacup and 3 bread balls?
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
One of the most beautiful routines I have ever seen. It is a real lesson in magic and choreography and motivation....not to mention a lesson in presentation.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
The only other person I've seen perform this to perfection is Eric Decamps. What a true work of art.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1619 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
You can find Rene Lavand's routine in one of his DVDs, Meir Yedid sells them, look into the webpage for the right DVD. This is the link
http://www.mymagic.com/

Take care
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The late Bob Read used to perform the cups and balls with three borrowed teacups and balls of rolled up bread. He made them upon entering the banquet hall, using things he found on hand.

However, if you would like some genuine bread balls, I will be happy to furnish them in either whole grain or white bread for $5.00 each, plus postage. Rye bread doesn't work as well, and pumpernickel doesn't show up on a black close-up mat.

I would recommend getting a dozen or so, because they do dry out over time.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
ERIC DECAMPS! Thanks pepka. He is the one I saw. I figured the routine out but Just not where to get the balls. Maybe acorns night work. I can use the patter that a squirrel is my conscience and he hates when I take his nuts (Quiet lol) and he takes them away from me and puts them in my hand... Wait that's a good idea, MINE! lol
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I saw Eric DeCamps do this in NYC last week - clean, direct, spec sitting very close - seemed like real magic. The routine is that he clearly puts 2 balls in a teacup, the third in the pocket and he empties the teacup and shows 3 balls and repeats it slowly many times...........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I still love the personality that René Lavand puts in there.
It's so simple, so direct, so casual, so magical. He taught it to me in my house in Paris over three four days and it took me years to escape from his style that he puts into the effect and rebuild a personal routine keeping his unbelievible TIMING.

By the way he is using putty for the bread crumbs.

René is really a Master with capital M.

Respect! Just pure and sincere!
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bread Crumb Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL