The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The most vicious breed.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Ya hear about the Pit Bulls, Rotwielers (sp), and standard Poodles but I am convinced that the meanest dogs are Yorkies. Yorkie owners understand this, others may not. In fact the reason they are bred so small is so they won't kill live stock. I have three of 'em ranging from just under 2 pounds to five pounds and they are a pack of wolves in their minds. They attack cats, people, you name it. What was the final clincher? My poor Bassett Hound, the sweetest girl who ever walked on large paws, was howling in pain and when I got up to check I found my oldest Yorkie latched to her nose with claws and fangs and refusing to let go. My 70 pound Bassett was defeated by a five pound dog! That is the Shrew of the dog world I tell you...Yorkies....should be renamed Dwarf Bavarian Hell Hounds.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My main Yorkie not only beats up the Bassett but she dances afterward. She is very smart and recognizes words. She demands that water in her bowl be at a certain level, crying until I follow her command. When I take her to town and she has to sit in the car, very rare I must say, she will get mad a poop in my seat then go to the passenger seat and sit nicely. She will pick up toys and hit me with them, I have to put my cards in metal jackets because of she gets them she either eats them or walks around and dumps them on the ground....vicious! Right now she is blocking my wife from going to the bathroom!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I work on horses only but occasionally get suckered into small animal side of one of the clinics I visit to help with a dog. I go day in and day out with nary a scratch from the 1/2 ton critters but get mauled every time I assist with the lil cutie pooches! EVIL BEASTIES!
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
My wife and I have a dog which was part "taco bell dog" and part jack russell terrier. We mated it with a pure bred yorkie. Now we have 3 little 2 month old pups running around the house that are *** cute lookin. One looks like a terrier, one looks like a yorkie, and one looks like its right in between. Smile I feel like a mad scientist!
Brian
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
MagicSanta - You're only telling us this as you're trying to pursuade people not to come and visit you, sleep on your couch and decide to perhaps overstay our welcome. Am I right?

Loved your story and overall I'm glad I don't have those lil hounds of hell at my place.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You got it! My house guest threatened to call my family and the sheriff for no real reason the other day while having a fit....nice huh? Ugliest dog I ever saw was Yorkie mixed with Chihuahua, looked like a rat with hair problems.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Barney, the Scottish Terrier in the White House, is also (at least once in a while) pretty vicious.

He bit some White House reporter the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAKfEoTcMaY

But maybe he deserved it, who knows.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yorkies are a fighting breed. They use to put 'em up against rats, my dogs are very rodent aggressive.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Found this and it concurred with what y'all are saying:
Pronunciation
Yorkshire Terrier

Description
The ultra long, fine, silky coat parts along the spine and falls straight down on either

side. It is steal blue on the body and tail, and tan elsewhere. Puppies are usually black & tan. The

tail is usually docked to half its length. If the dogs are not for showing, the owners usually go

for the shaggy look. The Yorkie has a flat head, medium-sized length muzzle, a black nose, and

regular teeth. The eyes are extremely vivacious and the ears are v-shaped, erect or semi-erect. The

tail is docked to medium-length and is carried level with its back. Its limbs are straight with

round feet and black nails. The hair on the head is so abundant that it is almost always necessary

to gather it in a band to keep from going into the dog's food bowl and to give the animal maximum

visibility. Some owners choose to trim the hair on top of the head.

Temperament

The Yorkshire Terrier seems oblivious of its small size. It is ever eager for adventure. This little

dog is highly energetic, brave, loyal and clever. Affectionate with its master, but if humans are

not this dog's pack leader, it can become suspicious of strangers and aggressive to strange dogs and

small animals. It can also become yappy, as the dog does his best to tell you what HE wants YOU to

do. It has true terrier heritage which needs someone who understand how to be it's leader. They are

recommended for older, considerate children, simply because they are so small, most people allow

them to get away with behaviors no dog should display. This changes the dogs temperament, as the dog

starts to take over the house. They will become demanding and dependant and need a lot of human

attention as they develop jealous behaviors and become snappish if surprised, frightened or

over-teased. They can also become over-protective, and become neurotic. Yorkies are easy to train,

although they can sometimes be stubborn if owners do not give the dog proper boundaries. They can be

difficult to housebreak. The Yorkie is an excellent watchdog. When owners display pack leadership to

the Yorkshire Terrier, they are very sweet and loving and can be trusted with children. The problems

only arise when owners, because of the dogs cute little size, allow them to take over the house. The

human will not even realize it, however know, if you have any of the negative behaviors listed

above, it's time to look into your pack leader skills. These are truly sweet little dogs who need

owners who understand how to give them gentle leadership. If you own a Yorkie who does not display

any of the negative behaviors, high five for being a good pack leader!

Height, Weight
Height: 6-7 inches (15-17½cm.)
Weight: 7 pounds (3.2kg.)

Health Problems
Some Yorkies are prone to bronchitis and early tooth decay, poor tolerance of anaesthetic,

and delicate digestion. Exotic treats should be avoided. They sometimes suffer paralysis in the

hindquarters caused by herniated disks and other problems of the spine. Falls or knocks can cause

fractures of fragile bones. Abnormal skull formations in Yorkies measuring less then 8 inches

(20cm). !@#$%es often have trouble delivering. The very tiny "teacup" Yorkies often have serious

health and behavioral problems. Be sure to feed Yorkies dry food (canned food can be added) to help

keep their teeth clean and strong. They should get their teeth cleaned at the Vet to keep them from

falling out and creating infection.

Living Conditions
The Yorkie is a good dog for apartment life. They are very active indoors and will do okay

without a yard. The Yorkie is sensitive to the cold and prefers warm climates.

Exercise
These are active little dogs, who need a daily walk. Play will take care of a lot of their

exercise needs, however, as with all breeds, it will not fulfill their primal instinct to walk. Dogs

who do not get to go on daily walks are more likely to display behavior problems. They will also

enjoy a good romp in a safe open area off lead, such as a large fenced in yard.

Life Expectancy
About 12-15 years

Grooming
Regular grooming is needed. A clipped coat needs daily to weekly combing and brushing.

Topknot is usually tied back with ribbon. Full show coats need hours of grooming. They should have

their teeth cleaned regularly. This breed sheds little to no hair.

Origin
The breed is only 100 years old or so, but its origins are not entirely certain - probably

because the working men of north England, who developed the Yorkshire Terrier for catching the

terrible rats that infested the mine shafts and as a hunting dog that could penetrate into badger

and fox burrows, avoided divulging the secret of their success to those who might have cashed in on

a lucrative side line. However, it seems likely that Scotsmen seeking work in the woolen mills of

Yorkshire brought with them various types of terrier, including the Skye and the now extinct

Clydesdale. These were then crossed with local types, such as the long- haired Leeds Terrier. The

Maltese, Black & Tan Manchester, and Dandie Dinmont Terriers may also have contributed blood lines.

At first, the Yorkie was a much bigger animal than the one we see today, but by selectively breeding

the smallest individuals, the dog was gradually miniaturized over the years. They were made into a

fashion dog. Women carried these little dogs in their bags and under their arms. The first

Yorkshire, with the characteristics demanded by its standard today, appeared in a dog show in 1870.

In 1984 a piebald Yorkie was born as a result of a genetic recessive gene occurrence from 2

Yorkshire Terriers. Today the piebald dogs are considered a different breed; which is named the

Biewer or Biewer Yorkie.

Group
Terrier, AKC Toy

Recognition
CKC, FCI, AKC, UKC, KCGB, CKC, ANKC, NKC, NZKC, APRI, ACR
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The most vicious breed.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL