The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Entity by Jeremy Hanrahan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
I know Jeremy has put a lot of work into this project and am happy to have contributed an itsy bitsy little idea to it. The basic plot from which lots of other applications will spring, is to make a selected card eerily slide out of a spread pack of cards with just a wave of the hand.

I personally like having them select a card, mix it back in the deck and then take out 5 cards and spread them face up. As you slowly move your hand over the cards, their thought of selection slowly starts moving. Strange and visual stuff.

The really killer application that I think most people will want to use Entity for is the Haunted Deck in Ziploc Bag. It just shouldn't be possible. I can imagine a lot of people having fun freaking out audiences with this.

In the right hands, the gimmick behind this should (and will) inspire lots of creative applications. The demo is up for it on the tube though I'm not sure when it'll be ready for release:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ez32LlV-0

Best,
Jason
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
This looks very similar to an effect of mine called SPIRIT. A thread on it is somewhere here in Latest and Greatest. Jeremy is a great friend of mine and I hope we don't step on each others toes. Jeremy we will converse soon. best. Mac.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 02:17, The Mac wrote:
This looks very similar to an effect of mine called SPIRIT. A thread on it is somewhere here in Latest and Greatest. Jeremy is a great friend of mine and I hope we don't step on each others toes. Jeremy we will converse soon. best. Mac.

Jeremy is such a "great friend" of yours, you chose to post here instead of "conversing" privately with him?

I have to remember at Sunday Services to pray to The Lord to never allow a "great friend" like you to enter into my life.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
It was early and I wasnt thinking. sorry to offend your sensibilities chris.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
A couple of questions.
Does your hand have to be that close to the deck?
Do you have to set the card on the deck to reveal it?

If the answer is yes, I'll pass.

James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I don't know Jeremy, and I'm sure he is a nice guy with a nice effect, but I can't understand why some creators cannot come up with a unique name for their effect. I have had an effect out called Entity for several years now. All this does is confuse the consumer, confuse the products and create a mess that could be avoided with simply coming up with a unique name.

This happened before. I brought out a trick in 1997 called Meltdown, since then there has been 3 other tricks named Meltdown, and it still causes confusion. I have people ordering my product thinking its something else, and vice versa.

Jeremy if you can please change the name. Both your effect and my effect revolve around moving an object without any visible means of support and have similar plots. This will confuse consumers at one point or another.
Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 10:23, Peter Loughran wrote:
I don't know Jeremy, and I'm sure he is a nice guy with a nice effect, but I can't understand why some creators cannot come up with a unique name for their effect. I have had an effect out called Entity for several years now. All this does is confuse the consumer, confuse the products and create a mess that could be avoided with simply coming up with a unique name.

This happened before. I brought out a trick in 1997 called Meltdown, since then there has been 3 other tricks named Meltdown, and it still causes confusion. I have people ordering my product thinking its something else, and vice versa.

Jeremy if you can please change the name. Both your effect and my effect revolve around moving an object without any visible means of support and have similar plots. This will confuse consumers at one point or another.
Peter.

Peter, didn't you notice that the 'name calling' virus is going around? Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Colin Mandel
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Colin Mandel
Where is it available... Is it available?
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Pm sent Peter.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I don't think titles ( books, songs etc. ) can be copyrighted. On that note, I never was confused when buying novels or sheet music.

I don't see it any different with magic effects.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Magic effects are identified by their name AND creator. (Much like songs)

Anyone who gets confused by these things is a spazz.
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
How much iwill this cost?
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Jeremy and I had a jam session on Skype about two months ago and he did Entity for me, which I see as not only a really cool trick, but one that is very easy to get into and out of and the handling is very simple.

It also packs extremely lite.

As far as the Haunted Deck in sealed ziplock bag in the spectators hands, I think anyone who performs Indecent(Wayne Houchin) will find this very useful as you can routine them together very easily.

Another way to use this is when your performing and some have seen you do Indecent(or viseversa) you could spring this on them instead, as they look the same when you start and both use regular ungaffed bags.

I never performed Indecent, until I learned Entity, but since I now carry a baggie with me, Indecent is being used also and for all who already perform Indecent,i think they will find this a very nice companion,as with next to almost no extra trouble, you can get more out of that baggie and if you do Witness from lee Asher, you could set this up in a way to do all three and have zero extra work involved(some will know what I'm talking about).

I love things that get your head spinning with ideas and Entity does just that.

Steve Haynes
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 20:52, Steve Haynes wrote:

As far as the Haunted Deck in sealed ziplock bag in the spectators hands,

Is this true?

Im not fishing for method, but I would like an answer to this question.

The deck is inside a ziplocked baggie that is sealed and ungaffed and the deck cuts itself to their card while in their hands?

If all that is one hundred percent true, then this has a test conditions feel to it,which I like .

Also, can the card be signed?
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I think that actually anyone who would refer to someone as a "spazz" is...
well, a spazz.
James

Quote:
On 2008-11-21 19:49, Magicsquared wrote:
Magic effects are identified by their name AND creator. (Much like songs)

Anyone who gets confused by these things is a spazz.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Shoot... looks like I got served.

What then would you call someone who -- in looking to buy a new (one would guess relatively inexpensive) card effect from Jeremy Hanrahan -- immediately cruises over to Peter Loughran's site and drops $400 dollars on a three-year-old, non-card effect?

I would say that person has impulse control issues.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I of course was being ridiculous. If you look at my post I also called you a "spazz" so that would make me what? A SPAZZ!!!

I actually agree with you about the name thing. It's creator AND effect name.
Look at a ll the songs, books and even video games with the same names.

I believe all magicians have impulse control if you think about it.
James

Quote:
On 2008-11-21 23:29, Magicsquared wrote:
Shoot... looks like I got served.

What then would you call someone who -- in looking to buy a new (one would guess relatively inexpensive) card effect from Jeremy Hanrahan -- immediately cruises over to Peter Loughran's site and drops $400 dollars on a three-year-old, non-card effect?

I would say that person has impulse control issues.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Demo doesn't show much that an application of a IT L--- couldn't do and standing on the edge of a building springing a deck of cards for the camera.....pretty David Blaine-ish IMHO.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 21:10, cardlover wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 20:52, Steve Haynes wrote:

As far as the Haunted Deck in sealed ziplock bag in the spectators hands,

Is this true?

Im not fishing for method, but I would like an answer to this question.

The deck is inside a ziplocked baggie that is sealed and ungaffed and the deck cuts itself to their card while in their hands?

If all that is one hundred percent true, then this has a test conditions feel to it,which I like .

Also, can the card be signed?

Yes it is true, the card is signed by the spectator and returned to the deck. Magician hands the deck to the spectator and a ziploc bag. Spec puts the deck into the ziploc bag and seals it. Magician waves their hand over the deck inside the bag and the deck cuts to their signed card.

Jeremy Hanrahan
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Steve Haynes has to be the most down to earth and very creative thinkers out there in the magic world that I know. And for the record, when Steve and I were jamming on skype, it was he that told me to put the deck into a sealed bag. Talk about being humble Steve. Thanks man, your idea of the sealed bag was the icing on the cake. Steve is creditted in the dvd for his brilliant thinking with the sealed haunted deck.

Jeremy Hanrahan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Entity by Jeremy Hanrahan (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL