The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Master Sessions by John Carney (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Quote:
On 2009-01-01 17:58, D J Hawkins wrote:
In the short time I spent watching he has one tip on a coin classic which is so obvious but, like they say, is worth the price of the DVD.

David, I m sure you mean Current Classic. In David Stone's Real Secret's Of Magic DVD, he combined soem moves from Current Classic and adapt to other handling to make a different routine.
Best Regards,

Bob
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
I ordered my set today. Hopefully Mr. Bannons strong track record of providing excellant teaching and effects will continue. I am betting they will.
Northern California
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5381 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Bannon? Smile

I received the first disc a few weeks ago and I am amazed at how much good solid practical advice and magic it contains. This is not a disc you can watch once and absorb. I consider it more of a digital reference manual that I am sure to refer to regularly. This first disc alone gave me my money's worth, and then some. Once you see it you'll likely agree. I highly recommend this.
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
I ordered mine today.
John Carney is by far my favorite performer and his skill and integrity are beyond reproach.
In a magic market where it seems like some magicians will blow their nose in a napkin and try to sell you the eBook for $19.99, it is refreshing to see a product like this. John Carney could ask much more than the current price for this particular offering and easily get it, but instead he has priced it affordably to reach more a wider audience. I am grateful.
Can't wait to view the first session.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I think this DVD set is the antithesis of all the "not ready for prime time" single trick DVDs of late. This is the real work. Some might call it "old school", but that's really a compliment. John Carney is the best.

Robert
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5862 Posts

Profile of motown
There's nothing wrong with old school. And with the economy the way it is, it's nice that Carney and company is giving us a break on the price of the 4 DVDs. Great instrution and great price. You can't beat that.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1078 Posts

Profile of taller8
I just viewed the first disc and it's fantastic. I love Mr. Carney's demeanor. You can learn so much from just watching him 'not do anything'.

He never looks like he is making moves, and if he is, it just zips right on by the spectator.

I love how he directs his focus, it's always at the right place at the right time.

His eyes are always telling you where to look, but in a very casual, nonchalant manner. It's never "look here, look here".

His comments are extremely insightful, and the teaching session really does seem like your being taught, not just how to do a trick, but how to perform magic.

Highly recommended.

The effects are all great, but for me, the real value is using the technique's in whatever effect you perform. Not to carbon copy his style, but to be smooth, and effective in your magic.

I can't wait for Spring.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1644 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
The first Master Session DVD reminds me of the book Stars of Magic. Every routine is beautifully constructed, every effect strong.

Unlike Stars of Magic, the DVD also gives you incredible detail in handling, an examination of psychology, and a discussion of magic theory that make each trick work as strongly as it can.

Tips on creating "the magic moment," handling spectators who are holding something, using a TT, etc., etc. will improve any magic you do.

I believe this series will rank among the great offerings in magic.

Cheers,
Jerry
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Get these - judging from the first one these are/will be GREAT! I think these will be amongst the top pick DVDs. HIGHLY recommended. Volume one was fabulous.

BTW... consider using Michael Skinner's T&R straw wrapper to open up John's ring on straw effect. Michael's routine can be found in his book and also in the Magic Menu book.

Tim
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3033 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
For ordering these, does anybody have an idea if Canada falls under Domestic shipping or not?
A screed for scams, sorcery, and other shenanigans... Nu Way Magick Blogge

JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
I finally found the time to watch this first installment. I would agree the DVD is well produced,provides great instruction and is very entertaining. I ordered the set and now I will try to be patient awaiting the next DVD.
Is anyone aware of the time frame for the release of the remaining DVD's?
Northern California
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
I suppose it's every 3 months from the first listing date of the Disc 1. It' could be 1st Feb, same time as when Disc 2 release.
Best Regards,

Bob
greatchach
View Profile
New user
Texas
83 Posts

Profile of greatchach
Kind of figured the "limited time only" on the special price was not entirely accurate (seems to happen quite a bit, not just in magic) but assuming the offer has been extended and not just a lapse in updating the website - it's a great deal even (if and when) the price does go up.

Looking forward to the next installment...
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5381 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2009-01-14 23:48, hbwolkov wrote:
Is anyone aware of the time frame for the release of the remaining DVD's?

The next session is due out in March.
mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Yep, Just got an e.mail from Frankie that the second volume is releasing in early March. Really can't wait!

Anyone add anything to their repertiore?
Best Regards,

Bob
Bertrand Thornley
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
278 Posts

Profile of Bertrand Thornley
All right, its early march.

This is my first exposure to Carney after deciding I love pure sleight of hand as much as mentalism. I'm so glad I bought this set.....and made that decision
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business." Tom Robbins

Personal Revelation: I'm not a hippopotamus
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of baobow
Just about ro place an order for these, just wanted to confirm if the second dvd had been sent out yet?

If you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1545 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes, DVD 2 has been sent out. Great stuff!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2910 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Received mine( second DVD) about 2 weeks ago.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5381 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Disc 3, The Summer Session arrived this afternoon. I love these!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Master Sessions by John Carney (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL