The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cobra Sharpie 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
DaveVegas
View Profile
New user
Leicester,England
89 Posts

Profile of DaveVegas
I've used the original cobra sharpie and it's an outstanding bit of kit....I've been a bit disappointed with the limitations of some similar items (CP for instance) - any news on the Cobra version 2.0? Anyone got one / seen it in action? What are the improvements like? Any news most welcome....
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Dave,

The new Cobra Sharpie 2.0 will be available in about a week according to the information I received from the supplier yesterday.The improvements are as follows.

* Discreet vibration
* Lightweight and durable
* Ultra sensitive magnet detector
* Re-inkable tip (This was not offered on the previous model)
* Changeable battery (This was not offered on the previous model)

We have this on our website for pre-order now. According to the mfg. this will be a produced in small amounts so supply will be limited.

I hope that this information helps.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Michael Gee
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Michael Gee
Hi Dave,

I too have used the original Cobra Sharpie and it is a genius piece of technology.

As far as I am aware the Cobra Sharpie 2 has only just become available to purchase with Alakazam Magic. Mine has been on order for two weeks and I am very excited for the new release.

Here is the link of Cobra Sharpie 2:
http://www.alakazam.co.uk/acatalog/Hot_List_1.html#a552

As Paul mentioned above, the new improved Cobra Pen has much greater advantages. The highlight for me is that I will now be able to maintain the pen myself, for example re-inking and battery changing. I think that this is an excellent improvement as I will no longer have to return the unit to the manufacturer.

I use the Cobra Sharpie 1 in every show guaranteed. It has never let me down (touch wood)! It is a must buy for the professional performer. Even more so now as the price has reduced to £99.99!! I might even buy a back-up!!

The Cobra Sharpie 2 also includes a DVD on maintenance tips and also performance ideas and tips.

Some of the biggest names in magic currently use the Cobra Sharpie 1 including: Marc Spelmann, Gregory Wilson and Christopher Taylor.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Michael Gee
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Cobra works great with both The Relic and Scorpion effects!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I notice that when I carry a sharpie in my pocket, that the writing starts to rub off. Is this sharpie clear coated or something similar to prevent this? or is the internals transferable to another body? thanks in advance Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Michael Gee
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Michael Gee
Hi Lunatik,

The Cobra Sharpie 1 is just like a normal sharpie pen design. I believe that the Cobra Sharpie 2 is exactly the same. I have never had a problem like that.

Michael
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I'd have to see if it could be clear coated. I might experiment with a regular sharpie first before I consider buying the cobra 2.0
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 18:28, Roth wrote:
Cobra works great with both The Relic and Scorpion effects!

What a shameless plug. Smile Love that Scorpion Roth.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Of all the kit out there (including anything I could come up with myself), the original Cobra Sharpie was my first choice for magnetic detection because the handling that Moz teaches was so simple and totally disarming. The only thing I did not like was having to send the unit back to have the battery replaced. I worked with Moz to correct that and and now Cobra Sharpie 2 is significantly improved (if I do say so myself) as it is now easy to change the battery. My highest recommendation. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
DaveVegas
View Profile
New user
Leicester,England
89 Posts

Profile of DaveVegas
I'm looking forward to getting this - thanks for the info guys
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I ran the battery down only twice in 8 months of hammering my original pen and it was easy for me to get it changed as I know Moz personally and getting it to him within the UK was fairly easy. Many of the USA customers complained about having to send the pen back so I'm hoping the new version will solve that issue as its now a breeze to change the battery.

To be honest I really rate the scorpion using the Cobra as you have a perfectly logical reason to write on the cups using the pen before hand. With the pen still held casually you simply pass the pen over or along the side of the cups as you mention the nnumbers casually. Voila!! you instantly know which cup it is under.

The advantage now IMO over other devices is that after you casually put the pen away YOU ARE COMPLETELY CLEAN!!! COOL!!

Oh and the pick up for the scorpion is 3 - 4 inches!!
May your darkness come quickly
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
I can't find the PDF file included on the DVD. I've used Explore within My Computer, but that just yields an audio folder and a video folder, but definitely no PDF manual.

Can anyone help? Is there actually one there? Have I got a disc strangely lacking the PDF?
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Wow I need to find out when its being sold... I have always used Midas v2 for the kind of effects this could be used for. the sharpie seems more reliable and easy to use and set up!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Here is another question. If I balance the pen somwhere and use an M5 near it, are the vibrations enough to cause the pen to move? If so it turns the Cobra Sharpie 2 into a great PK device as well? Would that work with a Cobra 1? Smile -Matt Sconce
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Child's Play III is also a similar effect.

Ron
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
292 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2008-11-25 10:58, Daniel Lander wrote:
I can't find the PDF file included on the DVD. I've used Explore within My Computer, but that just yields an audio folder and a video folder, but definitely no PDF manual.

Can anyone help? Is there actually one there? Have I got a disc strangely lacking the PDF?

Anyone please?
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Sorry I don't own it. Maybe this post will keep in view so someone else can help.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
The only thing I do not like about this effect ( I own the first one ) is that it is shaky to pass the pen out for examination. Meaning you better not have the pen near the item with the magnet in it when you do so or the spectator will know the modus operandi.

I altered mine by placing another Reed switch inside of the pen so you need a magnet to secretly turn it 'on', this can be a pk ring, etc. I feel this is much better as the pen and all the items can be freely passed out now. Why this was not thought of before is pretty surprising.

Magically,

Chuck Caputo
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Hi Chuck

that's a good idea regarding the additional switch, I will pass that idea on. I guess its all about spectator management, I personally have not had a spectator find out the secret, its worth noting that if you place the cap on the sensor end it reduces the pens capacity to pick up a magnet so for example if I want someone to write the numbers on some paper cups I will hand them the pen in that condition.

In response to Matt ( I bought power word fall last week, what a cool idea!)
The pen works brilliantly for the effect you just mentioned and the idea is in the Cobra Sharpie manual.

Now that brings me neatly to responding to Daniels post:-
We have found out that the .pdf file isn't on the first batch of DVDs that have been pressed so not to worry, those of you who have the DVD and want to download the manual please PM me and I will ask a simple question to check you own the pen.
On receipt of this I will provide a link to download the manual.

Now I am also happy to send this link to any of you guys who are seriously considering purchasing the pen and need a little convincing. But please only ask for the manual if you are really wanting it as I don't want my server to collapse!!

To be honest I would really like to upgrade the manual from time to time with any new ideas you guys will come up with. The Cobra is a very useful tool and has much more versatility than other similar devices IMO.

Also its worth noting that there is an upgrade path for the original purchasers of the pen and this is at a very good price so contact alakazam directly for further details.

If anyone has any further questions then don't hesitate to contact me directly. Just so you guys know I am not the inventor of this pen but having been a huge fan of it since I got one of the original pens, I agreed to design and collate the routines for the original manual and after discussion with Peter I also Post produced the DVD and co-hosted. If anybody has technical questions then I am happy to forward them directly to Moz.

Cheers

Dr John
May your darkness come quickly
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Matt: What a great idea! Smile

Chuck, I think you may be running with no one behind you. But, If you feel more confident with the extra switch, then why not?

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cobra Sharpie 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL