The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » What's this called...easy joke flourish...!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
819 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
The one where : fan the cards and ask a spec to take a card, and one card comes comes out and waves about. It's an old, old one - but it bothers me that I don't know the name, and where it comes from. Not only that - I can't do it THAT well!

Is it in Tarbell? RRTCM? or similar?

Thanks!

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
819 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Well - maybe I was wrong - maybe it's NOT so easy.. Hmmm..

DCB
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, it's easy to do, but I'm not really sure where it comes from without doing a bit of research. And even then, I think that it's something that anyone and everyone might think of themselves.

I do it for laughs, and I've got a ton of books but don't remember running into it anywhere.

Do you REALLY want to know if there is a published source? Then make your post in The Workers forum, and you'll get a whole debate going. Smile
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
819 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Not TOO interested in where it came from .. would just like to know how to execute it properly!
It seems a bit silly that I'm very capable of much more advanced stuff.. but struggle to get this looking as it should..!
Tks!

DCB
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Hey DCB, you can find it in an excellent ebook w/video by Tyler Wilson called Dominatricks. Its explained under "Gag reflex".
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
819 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Great, , In Flames - thanks for that.
I've looked it up, and basically, it's what I do - I just need to practice the tension of the finger. I see that even Tyler Wilson reckons whoever invented it should be given a medal!

I've had that book on my shelf for a time now, and never really had the time to work on it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Regards,

DCB
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
No problem my friend.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Hugard/Braue's "more card manipulations" has a similar trick to this called "SNAP! A quick trick by dr. Jacob Daley"

Although I am not sure what you are talking about, the basic effect is very very similar to what you've described...
Rói Heinason
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Rói Heinason
Quote:
On 2008-11-25 14:27, in flames wrote:
Hey DCB, you can find it in an excellent ebook w/video by Tyler Wilson called Dominatricks. Its explained under "Gag reflex".

It's actually a real book published by Andi Gladwin.. The ebook is just for lefties..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » What's this called...easy joke flourish...!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL