The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Burying the Curse Presentation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
This is an idea Mr. Bordner and I have tossed around at Abbotts (Due to Mr Bordner's illness this summer it got put on hold till next summer).

During one of the summer magic shows, an emergency vehicle pulls up and uniformed guards walk out carrying a small chest (Zombie Chest or Thing Chest). They proceed to read a proclamation that the infamous "Curse of Bobby Layne" is in the chest and is to be buried in the most magical place on earth, Colon MI. They proceed to open several lap tops which display the website http://www.curseofbobbylayne.com as a brief history is told to the audience. A cloth is thrown over the chest as it opens and the curse floats out of the box to its new home, the 666 box at Abbotts (Yes, they do have a 666 box and it is along row after row of boxes, similar to the end or Raiders but on a smaller scale).

At the same time, as the curse is lowered into the 666 box, the website on the laptops begin to get static and start to fade away with a huge groan over the laptops. The website vanishes as the curse is buried. The uniformed people thank the magicians and the magic show continues on.

This is a raw version, but I think you should get the gist of it. We have several options regarding the site, it can fade away or it can fade to a different site. If it fades to a different site what should it be? Also would multiple laptops be better or one big LCD screen (I think its more realistic that people traveling in a emergency vehicle would have laptops, but I think the LCD screen would be easier for the audience to see. Perhaps both)

For those who don't know about this curse, it is a football curse that was put on the Detroit Lions Football Team 50 years ago and the Bordners are big football fans.

I'd be interested in feedback, suggestions, comments, etc. This is just an idea right now, nothing has been decided yet.

Thanks
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
This would make a good site to dissolve into:
http://www.detroitlions.com/section_disp......&level=2

Have the large LCD screen in place for showing the audience some close-up effects prior to the arrival of the "curse." When the guards set up their laptops, ask them if they can patch one into the large LCD screen so the audience can see what's happening. That way it seems natural to have the large screen all set up.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
That makes sense with the laptops and the detroit lions site is definately a front runner, hopefully they will have a more positive headline on it next summer, thanks
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Burying the Curse Presentation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL