The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Restaurant staff wants to hire you... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
A manager wants to hire me for a party, but she was surprised to hear my regular price for a show because she knew I charge about half of that for the restaurants and she wants a deal...working for the restaurant staff for outside gigs could be a sensitive issue, what's your take on this?
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Spin it so it sounds like the restaurant is getting a reduced rate, which they are, not that the show is an increase. Because its a steady gig in a great restaurant where the tips are good, you did not mind charging them a less.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I offer my restaurant staff and managers a 50% discount on my regular fees for personal parties and private events, schedule permitting, as an added "benefit."
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...work with them on it. They already work with you.

Mark.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Like Skip, I also offer a discount to the staff/managers of my restaurants. Don't overcharge the hand that feeds ya! = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
magicianroger
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of magicianroger
I give them a 25% discount off my regular rate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Restaurant staff wants to hire you... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL