The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Colour Vision (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Matt,
I just checked and they both work OK for me.They aren't that long anyway.Maybe you thought they were longer of else something is wrong on your end.

Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Just played both, and both run OK.

Some VERY nice moves there, too! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Both videos look great on my end. Thanks for sharing Don

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
BTW, to get back to the ORIGINAL point of this thread, I coincidentally happened to see a very good and creative routine for the "Color Vision" box in the book "Arcade Dreams," click HERE to view.

Ed Marlo has incorporated three excellent moves for this "slum magic" effect, that really raises it to a whole different plane. Just shows you what a little imagination can do.

I still don't know if this would be a good pitch item, but with Marlo's handing, it becomes a pretty neat effect. SETH
cassius2m
View Profile
New user
Simi Valley, CA
68 Posts

Profile of cassius2m
Paul Gallagher also has a Color Vision routine on his "Miracles from the Sock Drawer" DVD that utizlizes Marlo's handling. The mention of Arcade Dreams on this DVD was what led me to purchase it.
There are a lot of new ideas for slum magic pieces on the DVD.

-Clay
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Ok,lots of great moves from great magicians for color vision.Still not a good pitch item.I'm sure Mr Marlo didn't think some pitchman would take his move's to mass market it to layman.(not saying that's what you guys meant)

Some things need to stay secret for magicians ONLY.

Don
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Hey Seth I pointed the Marlo reference out a while back... it is a real cool routine.

I performed it once at a magic club dealer night a few years back and during the fist phase I fried a magicians wife with original method. Her husband immediately leaned over and told her how it was done. (typical) Then I performed the last three phases and fried all of the magicians. After the demos almost all of the magicians were at my table, and I sold all of the copies of the book that I had. It was fun to fool a crowd of magicians old enough to be my grandparents with a trick they all probably owned.

Fitz
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
You know, I thought somebody mentioned Marlo in this thread. I went back to look before I posted the information, but couldn't find it, so I posted. Thanks, Fitz, for pointing that out.

I will also say that the Marlo routine is not a piece of cake, and requires good misdirection skills as well as learning a few cute moves. It's the same old story, nothing good comes easy.

One interesting note. I always thought S.S. Adams invented Color Vision (he surely sold enough of them!). But the book credits a magician named Martin Sunshine with inventing the effect in the 1930's. Mr. Sunshine is a forgotten magician who was apparently quite active in the 30's and 40's. There is an interesting story about him in David Meyer's 2003 book, "Inclined Toward Magic" (Meyer rescued Sunshine's scrapbooks from a trash can). SETH
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
No worries Seth...

Thanks for the history. I perform a wooden box now when I do close-up.

Fitz
iugefu
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of iugefu
I came across a reference to the 'pitch' in a book , History of Magic and Magicians by HJ Burlingame, published in the late 18th century. He was referring to conjurors or "professor of the arts, frequenting the fairs, or 'pitching' ( his italics)in market places or village greens, but their names and performances have not been recorded"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Colour Vision (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL