The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Flash Pot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Hello,

I want to build a kind of Flash Appearence with decep*t*i*e walls. I need a Flash Pot for the appearence. Can any one can recomend me a Flash Pot and how much would I need.

Thanks
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Cody Moynihan
Here is a basic flash pot I don't no if it would work for a flash appearence.
http://www.kwmagic.com/index.php?main_pa......_id=2512
Cody
magicnator
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicnator
One really good website is http://www.theatrefx.com and they have all kinds of cool stuff. I've got their basic flash pot on my flash and it's awesome. However, the best thing you can do is buy Osborne's plans for the flash and he shows you how to make one. It's cool because you can make it to mount in the base flush and it's all easy to build. If you want more details, PM me. Hope that helped.
Koenraad
View Profile
New user
Europe
59 Posts

Profile of Koenraad
Magicnator, do you have the Osborne's plans of the "Flash Appearence"?
I have no experience with the Osborne's plans. Can you tell us if the plan and description is clear and in detail? Or are there beter saurces for the "Flash Appearence"?...

-Koenraad
magicnator
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicnator
I do have Osborne's plans. In my opinion, I think they are pretty clear and detailed. It will help if you have some knowledge of the Flash Appearance as to how it works etc... But I think it's very detailed in talking about the flash pot. If you have no clue how a flash pot works, his plans tell you how to build one, and also shows a nice picture so you really get the idea. I don't have any other material on the flash so I can't compare Osborne's plans to anything else. I will say that if I am interested in building a new illusion, I will buy Osborne's plans first. I like them, and they work for me.
Koenraad
View Profile
New user
Europe
59 Posts

Profile of Koenraad
Thanks for the infomation.

-Koenraad
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
More suggestion?
Dare to Dream...
carlosbosco
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of carlosbosco
I too have the plans are very clear and easy to read. The flash appearance is actaully a very easy illusion to build and inexpensive. In my opinion if you never built an illusion this is a great beginner illusion...did I mention its easy and inexpensive? To tell you the truth... it's just a frame... The only thing is that Osborne's flash appearance is not with deceptive walls. His version is a bit easier though, I am not sure if you are aware of his principale.
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
I'm talking about the Double Flash Appearence (with Deceptive Walls). I don't think Osbourne's had the plans for that Flash Appearence.
Dare to Dream...
carlosbosco
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of carlosbosco
Oo ok sorry yes I have seen this on the internet... but the illusion not the plans.

Thanks

Carlos
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Anyone experianced these : http://www.starlight.com/flashpot.html Are they good?

Thanks
Dare to Dream...
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Seems like there is one of these in one of the Rand Woodbury books, but I don't think it requires a flash pot. You might want to look into it, because I think that local fire codes might preclude your use of a flash pot.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Well do you have ideas to do it without a flash pot..
Dare to Dream...
Koenraad
View Profile
New user
Europe
59 Posts

Profile of Koenraad
Maybe confetti?...

I Bought the Osborne plans. They don't mention how much powder to use to create smoke, anyone has experiance? Can I use "black powder" insted of "flash powder" for smoke?

-Koenraad
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
799 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Everywhere in Canada & America, and in many other places in the world, you need certification as well as some special licenses. The certification is earned at the end of detailed training, and I think the licenses are unique to each performance.

Some places do not require certification & licenses for the use of flash paper/cotton/string, but you need to find that info from your area's governing agency and not from other magicians.

Go to my Web site (linked in my signature), and then go to "Other", and then "Pyrotechnics and Special Effects". The article tells you how to find out about training & licensing in Canada & America.

In my opinion, it is very dangerous to share tips on pyro useage or safety here, because it encourages untrained & unlicensed use of pyro.

Any magic trick that kills people is a bad magic trick, so don't use pyro without meeting all legal requirements.
Dan McLean Jr
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Like Koenradd Mention can I just make smoke insted of fire flash?

Thanks!
Dare to Dream...
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 14:32, Loyal R wrote:

Thanks!

As the old saying goes, "Where there's smoke, there's fire"...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
799 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 14:32, Loyal R wrote:

Thanks!

My understanding is that the same things might apply to smoke, but PLEASE don't take my word for it! You need to do exactly the right things, and that means calling;
Explosives Regulatory Division
Natural Resources Canada
580 Booth Street, 15th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0E4
613-995-8415
www.nrcan.gc.ca/mms/explosif
Dan McLean Jr
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Flash Pot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL